Hans Mühl clothing?

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Skurwiel

Hans Mühl clothing?

Post by Skurwiel » 23 Aug 2019, 07:43

Hi. Do you have any information about Hans Mühl and his clothing? I have found a leather coat named after him and I don't know if it's real or fake. Help me please.
Help guys, only 6h left and I'm gonna buy it. I really need to know how to identify it.
PS I don't have pictures yet so could you guys tell me how to recognize if the coat could be authentical antique?

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Re: Hans Mühl clothing?

Post by John G. » 23 Aug 2019, 14:35

Sorry..... Never heard of the guy..... Without pictures impossible to give opinion. Most "military" used leather coats would have provisions for shoulder boards and a dagger/sword hanger slot in the pocket.

95% of leather coats were/are civilian so be cautious.
John G.

Skurwiel

Post by Skurwiel » 24 Aug 2019, 22:39

Alright guys, I already bought the coat. Could you tell me something about it? Pics below. (sorry for sh*t paint job)
Btw. aren't sleeves a bit too short for my person? (aesthetic question)

PS I will add new photos soon (back & front without hair) so be patient please but if you can actually say anything about coat please do it.

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Post by John G. » 25 Aug 2019, 02:49

With that lining, without provision for shoulder boards or a dagger slot in the pocket.... appears to be a civilian
leather coat. Could be 3rd Reich period but no way of knowing really. Size/fit has nothing to do with me....
If you're happy with it is really all that matters.
John G.

Skurwiel

Post by Skurwiel » 25 Aug 2019, 03:47

John G. wrote:
25 Aug 2019, 02:49
With that lining, without provision for shoulder boards or a dagger slot in the pocket.... appears to be a civilian
leather coat.
I'll take better pics but even if it may be civilian, I'm still proud of it. :)
John G. wrote:
25 Aug 2019, 02:49
Size/fit has nothing to do with me....
I'm going to use it as a everyday clothing so it has alot to do with me. :wink:

Skurwiel

Post by Skurwiel » 01 Sep 2019, 00:04

There are new pictures:

Can anyone (try to) identify the coat now?

Actioderuiree

Hans Mühl clothing

Post by Actioderuiree » 24 Sep 2019, 15:33

You are mistaken. I can prove it. Write to me in PM, we will communicate.

eindhoven

Post by eindhoven » 24 Sep 2019, 17:13

Well vintage clothes are all the rage they say.

1st, it's a civilian pattern Ledermantel. John G is absolutely correct! and there are so many civilian leather coats being sold on Ebay as original Gestapo or Wehrmacht or Luftwaffe it's ridiculous. If you were told its WW2 you were duped. We all have had our lessons.

You could've even gotten a post-war Bundeswehr Ledermantel that is closer to WW2 military requirements for wear.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/NEU-Bundeswehr- ... auUveSACg"

2nd, it will never be military despite whatever our sudden New Member tries to tell you non-publicly in a PM. It is a common tactic of fakers and peddlers in lies to take it offline to a PM where they cannot be exposed for what they are.

3rd, Hans Mühl Spezial Lederbekleidung are still in business today, still the same family owned business, and I bet if you telefon them they will tell you its a civilian pattern.

En Vogue By Leder Mühl Inh. Hans-Joachim Mühl
Lederbekleidung Bremerhaven
Adresse
En Vogue By Leder Mühl Inh. Hans-Joachim Mühl
Straße - Nr.
Bürgermeister-Smidt-Str. 51
PLZ - Ort
27568 Bremerhaven
Telefon
0471-49811

The following as John G mentioned is an actual wartime Ledermantel with provisions for shoulder boards, the button front, a plain one color style liner, a tension style belt, and a provision for hanging a dagger through the Ledermantel. It is textbook wartime military. Yours is textbook civilian and I believe either 1950s or possibly 60s.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
Last edited by eindhoven on 24 Sep 2019, 17:32, edited 4 times in total.

eindhoven

Post by eindhoven » 24 Sep 2019, 17:17

Last 2 details.
6.jpg
11.jpg
Also, no, the sleeves end where they should, right at your wrist. The same is true of a suit jacket or blazer for future reference. When you bend your elbow it should pull back a little to expose some of your shirt cuff. Your shirt cuff should also be slightly exposed when worn with a jacket providing a classic look.

At least you got a nice condition vintage leather overcoat.

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”