Help wanted for a book project

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
Georg_S
Forum Staff

Help wanted for a book project

Post by Georg_S » 03 Oct 2019, 13:37

Hello

I am currently working on a major Führerliste der SS / Waffen-SS. Hopefully will Vol 1 be released spring next year, Volume 1 will contain all known Officers with a familyname starting on Letter A. On top of that I am also working on all the others letters as well.

Why I do this is that I have found out that the existing lists lacking a lot of info. Units, dates etc. I try to attach a photo of each officer as well. When I am done I hope atleast 1 / 4 will have a photo to the name. The sources I use is primarilly the A3343 SSO:s but also SS-Veränderungsblatt, SS-Befehle, SS-DAL, Veränderungsblatt der Waffen-SS, Veränderungsblatt der WVHA, SS-Personalveränderungsblatt, Der Freiwillige, books etc. I also use different webpages for Familyresearch to find deathdates of different officers. Thanks to that I have got some contact with ancestors to different Officers.

I will here attach a first list of names that I wish to get help with, what I first need is a photo of the officers. When there is a + sign after the name I also need if known a deathdate and where.

Wolfgang Bartsch
Franz Bartau +
Ewald Bartung +
Gerhard Berghof
Viktor Berghofen +
Benedikt Berghofer +
Ernst Berghofer +
Willi Berghoff
Ernst Bergholz +

I don´t want to make a list that goes on forever, so I will send some names from time to time.

The Manuskript for Volume 1 is currently on 720 (growing) pages and for Volume 2 (B) is on 860 pages (halfdone) For each Family name I have currently 303 photos of SS-Officers on A and on B I have 931 photos.

I attach two screendumps of each Manuskript (A & B)

Note: There is IMPOSSIBLE to make a ffull and correct SS / Waffen-SS Führerliste as many officers don´t have an SS-FIle or in some cases only one page (Rune Ahlgren as an example,) some norwegian, Estonian, Lettische etc dont have have an SSO and I get the info either from veränderungsblatt etc or books.

Anyone who knows sitting on photos or info on officers with family name on A or B send me an email on georg68schwab(a)gmail.com If there are anyone who has the need of a SS-File of particulare SS-Officer just ask and I will see if I have it in my archive.

I forgot to say: Of course will full credit for the photo info given

Thanks in advance

Best regards
Georg
Attachments
A example.JPG
B example.JPG
"Information not shared, is lost"

Personal Blog - http://wennallebruderschweigen.blogspot.com/
Support AHF - app.php/support
My Project - www.führerliste.com

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Re: Help wanted for a book project

Post by Michael Miller » 03 Oct 2019, 23:25

Fantastic project, Georg! I really like the concept and presentation.
I'd be very happy to assist with this.

Best wishes,
~ Mike

J. Duncan

Post by J. Duncan » 04 Oct 2019, 01:22

I’m not a collector of photos but I like the books by members who have lots of photos in them. Georg posts some really interesting
“Guess who’s” in the SS Quiz thread. For some reason I find those old “SS personnel file” photographs the more interesting ones probably because if you don’t have access to archived sources then you never come across them.
Best to you Georg with your project.
John

Georg_S
Forum Staff

Post by Georg_S » 04 Oct 2019, 07:00

Hello Mike and John
Many Thanks for your kind Words. I really hope this can be Good in the end. All help is much appriciated. Best regards
Georg

Andrey
Host - ABR sections

Post by Andrey » 04 Oct 2019, 08:36

Dear Georg,
I completely agree with the above colleagues - this is a very interesting, important necessary and grandiose project. All that I can, I will assist you.
A very long time ago I began to collect (wherever possible) photos of senior SS officers: SS-Staf. - SS-Ogruf., but I also did not forget all the others... Your serious approach to your "Totenkopf project" gives reason to believe that the your new project is simply doomed to success.
Good luck and best regards,

Andrey.

Georg_S
Forum Staff

Post by Georg_S » 04 Oct 2019, 11:30

Hello Andrey
Many thanks. As said any help is much appriciated. =)
About my Totenkopf project that haven´t been finished, but there is unfortuantely hard to find more info. But to my luck I have been invited to the Militär Archiv in Moscow and they will make all the docs and photos from KL Sachsenhausen avaiable to me. I plan to go to Moscow in november and spend the first time at minimum 4 days there. I have a list what they have in their possesion and for me who research the KL Sachsenhausen is what the old gold digger said "Mother load"
As thanks to all who help me I will gladly share some Files of the officers, I wont charge anything.
Best regards
Georg

Stuckes58

Post by Stuckes58 » 04 Oct 2019, 11:42

Sounds an incredible project. Whilst i may not be able to assist too much i greatly look forward to seeing how this develops, most definitely purchasing a copy when complete Georg!

Stuckes

Erich2019

Post by Erich2019 » 08 Oct 2019, 05:04

Hello Georg,

Excellent book idea and format! Too bad there is no way to do symbols for awards like in the DAL’s! I have completed a work but on a different subject, but always happy to help fill in the blanks!

Georg_S
Forum Staff

Post by Georg_S » 08 Oct 2019, 06:43

Hello

Many Thanks Stuckes and Erich, and Erich you are right about the minatures , but that work would be tremendeus big.

Im writing aprox 10-15 officers a day att the moment, unfortunately is the rolls of A rather bad, obviously didn't NARA knew how to make Good photos in the beginning.
And the clerks in SS-Personalhauptamt had a few of them Very bad handwriting. 😨
In top of that are some files Very badly damaged by fire, as the SS tried to destroy the files at the end of the war, but thanks to a man in the factory they Still exists for us and others.

An update with more names will come soon. Im aware that many of those we'll never see a photo of them as they are either junior officers or if they didn't got to service in a famous unit etc. But hopefully will there in some cases be some relatives who ser this and wants to contribute.

Best regards
Georg

Georg_S
Forum Staff

Post by Georg_S » 08 Oct 2019, 09:46

Hello all,
As I mentioned in the post above, sometimes there is hard to read what the clerks have written. Is there anyone who can help me transcript the following service for Friedrich Aichberger born 1912.
Thanks in advance
Georg
Attachments
Friedrich Aichberger 12.JPG

Georg_S
Forum Staff

Post by Georg_S » 08 Oct 2019, 13:14

Hello
Anyone who can contribute with info on Konstantin Aid born 14.12.1918 probably in Estonia. His SS file is almost empty, only known info is his promotion to SS-Ostuf. and birthdate.
Best regards
Georg

history1
Banned

Post by history1 » 08 Oct 2019, 16:31

Georg_S wrote:
08 Oct 2019, 09:46
[...]
Is there anyone who can help me transcript the following service for Friedrich Aichberger born 1912
[...]
Hello Georg,

do yourself a favour and post such requests in the "Translation help: Breaking the Sound Barrier" - subforum which you can find in "Research help". Preferable with other text/ a bigger detail [cutout?] of the same page so that we can compare letters.
Cheers,
Roman

Blanusa

Post by Blanusa » 08 Oct 2019, 16:47

Georg_S wrote:
Hello all,
As I mentioned in the post above, sometimes there is hard to read what the clerks have written. Is there anyone who can help me transcript the following service for Friedrich Aichberger born 1912.Thanks in advance
Georg
Hello,
It says Fronthilfe DRP Kraftf.Staff. and you can read more about this unit on the following two links:
SS-Fronthilfe Deutsche Reichspost - axishistory.com
Fronthilfe Deutsche Reichspost DRP SS-Kraftfahrstaffel
Best regards
Blanusa

Georg_S
Forum Staff

Post by Georg_S » 08 Oct 2019, 17:36

Many many thanks Blanusa!! =)
Best regards
Georg

Georg_S
Forum Staff

Post by Georg_S » 08 Oct 2019, 17:45

history1 wrote:
08 Oct 2019, 16:31
Georg_S wrote:
[...]Is there anyone who can help me transcript the following service for Friedrich Aichberger born 1912[...]
Hello Georg,
do yourself a favour and post such requests in the "Translation help: Breaking the Sound Barrier" - subforum which you can find in "Research help". Preferable with other text/ a bigger detail [cutout?] of the same page so that we can compare letters.
Cheers,
Roman
Hello Roman
I didn´t know about that page, thanks for that. I will continue to use that for future questions. About the text posted, it wasn´t the same clerk who wrote the rest of the SS-File. All the other assignments was easy to read. But this was Chinese for me.
Best regards
Georg

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”