Berghof Obersalzberg

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
Alvin Y.

Re: Berghof Obersalzberg

Post by Alvin Y. » 05 Nov 2019, 20:00

Once upon a time in Upper Austria ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZGPz4a2mCA
Regards,
Alvin

Alvin Y.

Post by Alvin Y. » 09 Nov 2019, 12:42

tunix0 wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 10:19
And here are two more vehicles:

Mercedes Benz W150/770k "Armored Limousine", 1943, 230PS, 7.600ccm, 8-Zyl (It was used by Himmler and found at the end of the war at Obersalzberg):
Mercedes_Benz_W150_770k_Himmler_1.jpg
Mercedes_Benz_W150_770k_Himmler_2.jpg

Mercedes Benz "G4", 1938, 110PS, 5.400ccm, 8-Zyl:
Mercedes_Benz_G4_1.jpg
Mercedes_Benz_G4_2.jpg

A copy of a bill for a Mercedes Benz "Grosser Mercedes" for Reich Chancellor Adolf Hitler:
Mercedes_Benz_Rechnung_770k_1.jpg

Regards
Christian
Thanks a lot for sharing these beautiful pictures Christian. I am looking forward to visit Sinsheim while next months. ...
Regards,
Alvin

RickBamboo

Post by RickBamboo » 09 Nov 2019, 22:28

G.K. wrote:
02 Nov 2019, 14:24
hello, have you ever tried to build a chair like the one on the terrace of the Berghof? I would like to try to build it. If it works, I will build several chairs and then sell them. :D
Hello G.K.

This sounds good ... try to build them, make a copyright for the design and sell it to IKEA ... I bet people will love it, till the moment IKEA realizes what kind of chair they are selling 😜

Serious: Please tell us the moment you finished your chairs, I'm realy looking forward to see them.

👍👍👍

RickBamboo

Post by RickBamboo » 11 Nov 2019, 02:37

This Mercedes G4 realy rocks .. I would like to see one of these driving off-road.
I realy love Mercedes and had twice one and will look Forward to my next one.
What I dondt like was this Anti Adolf Advert they made … typical GUTMENSCHEN must have worked that out.

RickBamboo

Post by RickBamboo » 11 Nov 2019, 05:02

Found this one Youtube … please enjoy ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsEnQzC6yqE

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 12 Nov 2019, 01:46

Geoff this is for you in case you are keeping track of these people.

You may remember some time ago I found Richard F. Reiter from Berchtesgaden
living in Canada.

Sorry to say I just now found his obituary.
He certainly had an interesting life and moved a lot.

REITER: Richard Frederick of Penetanguishene, ON, Formerly of Victoria, BC

Sadly, we announce the passing of Mr. Richard Frederick Reiter. Richard passed away peacefully in the early evening of Wednesday March 8th, 2017 at Georgian Bay General Hospital in Midland, Ontario. Richard was born on April 22, 1928 in Berchtesgaden, Germany to parents Karl and Josefine Reiter. Richard is predeceased by his loving wife Joan […]
Found this letter he wrote....just a side bit about the person.

\

Immigration brought strength to Canada

Richard F. Reiter / The Victoria Times Colonist
August 2, 2012 01:00 AM

Re: "Immigrants should pay full costs," July 31.

I came to Canada in 1951 as an immigrant. I did not pay one penny for processing my application for a visa. The government of Canada had sent recruiters to Europe to encourage people to apply.

Moreover, Canada paid for my travel and I promised to repay the amount in monthly instalments of $10. (I repaid the loan in six months.)

I started a full-time job the day I arrived - front-desk clerk at the Royal York Hotel. I worked from 6 p.m. until 6 a.m. I attended classes in language and history during the day. I continued my education, qualified as a teacher, and was appointed head of history and geography in our school when I was 40 years old.

As well, I started buying up hotels and resorts, being able to rely on my family workforce.

I am one of the millions of immigrants who have helped to contribute to the growth of this wonderful country. I hope that Canada's opposition parties can dig up leaders before the next election of the quality of Lester Pearson, Wilfrid Laurier, Tommy Douglas, David Lewis or even John Diefenbaker.

This country possesses everything that is needed to make this happen, including a vibrant growing population, thanks to our government's foresight in making immigration easy.

Richard F. Reiter

Victoria

© 2019 Copyright Times Colonist

Geoff Walden

Post by Geoff Walden » 12 Nov 2019, 02:03

Thanks, Annelie!
"Ordnung ist das halbe Leben" - I live in the other half.
http://www.thirdreichruins.com

CraigM

Post by CraigM » 28 Nov 2019, 15:32

Here is a walk through of Hermann Göring's rooms from his bunker on the OSB:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC0MyWQ0FRY

Br. James

Post by Br. James » 28 Nov 2019, 19:17

Excellent! Thanks so much for showing these rooms to us. I'm surprised that they are still dry and, except for the door-frames and facilities, the rooms appear to be intact. They do seem small...though they weren't intended to be for long visits! Was this bunker accessible from inside the Göring house, or did it have an exterior entrance...or perhaps both? I notice a long access hallway in the video...

Many thanks again,

Br. James

CraigM

Post by CraigM » 28 Nov 2019, 23:29

Br. James wrote:
28 Nov 2019, 19:17
Was this bunker accessible from inside the Göring house, or did it have an exterior entrance...or perhaps both? I notice a long access hallway in the video...
The system runs generally north south. The very last scene in the video is looking north. At the end of that corridor is a set of stairs that used to go up to the basement of his house (which is of course long gone). Near the top of the stairs it's been concreted off. It's thought that water is on the other side of that wall. In the southerly direction is a junction - one direction goes east to an emergency exit (permanently sealed) and the other continues south east to the adjutancy building (which still exists as a residence) but the entrance to that building has been bricked up. All along the corridors are rooms, including Göring's (shown in the video), his wife Emmy's, a kitchen, telephone exchange, staff rooms, mechanical, machine gun posts and gas locks. All rooms have of course been stripped bare. Total length is about 400 metres.

I thoroughly recommend Florian Beierl's excellent book "Inside Hitler's Mountain". He was part of a survey team that was given permission to enter and survey all of the bunkers in the OSB and his book contains maps of all systems together with an enormous amount of interesting information, such as interviews with people that built them. There is no better book on the bunker system and all of the above information was obtained from it. Watch out though: some online vendors are asking enormous amounts of money for this book. If you happen to be in the area every bookshop has it at a reasonable price.

stevequinton

Post by stevequinton » 29 Nov 2019, 17:48

Hi All,
I was led to believe that there was also an entrance from the Intercontinental hotel leading to the tunnels?

Biber

Post by Biber » 29 Nov 2019, 18:20

CraigM wrote:
28 Nov 2019, 15:32
Here is a walk through of Hermann Göring's rooms from his bunker on the OSB:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC0MyWQ0FRY
Why would this be an age restricted video on YouTube? Did I miss something? There was something blurred out but didn't seem to be anything there in other shots.

Br. James

Post by Br. James » 29 Nov 2019, 19:15

Thanks for your further comments, CraigM; very helpful. I do have a copy of "Inside Hitler's Mountain" and am glad to have your endorsement of it. The book has been in my stack titled: "To Be Read," so I hope to get 'round to it soon! And given your comment about the price, I'm glad to have ordered it when it was new!

With all good wishes for the coming holidays,

Br. James

Geoff Walden

Post by Geoff Walden » 29 Nov 2019, 22:20

stevequinton wrote:
29 Nov 2019, 17:48
Hi All,
I was led to believe that there was also an entrance from the Intercontinental hotel leading to the tunnels?
Hi Steve,
Before they built the hotel they did some test drillings down into the hill, that did hit some of the tunnels, but there is no access from the now-Kempinski Hotel into any WW2 tunnel system there.
"Ordnung ist das halbe Leben" - I live in the other half.
http://www.thirdreichruins.com

Wagner J.B. Manuel

Post by Wagner J.B. Manuel » 01 Dec 2019, 17:51

A friendly Servus from Bavaria, I am Manuel and have been collecting Obersalzberg for many years. Some may know me from Facebook. I am pleased to be here and look forward to posts and new friend :) Best regards

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”