Pravda, No. 209 (9345), Sunday, August 22, 1943
On urgent measures to restore the economy in areas liberated from German occupation
In order to restore the economy as soon as possible and provide assistance to the population of areas liberated from German occupation, the Council of People's Commissars of the USSR and the Central Committee of the CPSU (b) decided:
About return to collective farms of the cattle evacuated to East areas
Oblige the regional Executive committees and regional committees of the CPSU(b) of the Yaroslavl, Gorky, Vologda, Kirov, Ryazan, Tambov, Saratov, Kuibyshev, Chkalov regions, the Sovnarkom and regional committees of the CPSU(b) of the Mordovian, Mari, Dagestan ASSR and the Sovnarkom and Central Committee of the CPSU(b) of the Kazakh SSR, the Azerbaijani SSR and the Armenian SSR to return to the collective farms of the Kalinin, Smolensk, Oryol, Kursk, Voronezh, Stalingrad, Rostov, Tula regions, Krasnodar and Stavropol territories evacuated by these regions and edges of cattle in the following quantities:
To oblige the people's Commissariat of agriculture of the USSR in order to assist in the restoration of animal husbandry to collective farms in areas liberated and being liberated by the red Army, to organize in 1943-44 in the Eastern and Central regions the state purchase of all types of livestock for areas liberated from the German occupation.
The purchase of cattle for specified regions and republics to make under the voluntary sales of farms, farmers, workers and employees of the rear areas at the prices of public procurement with enrollment sold cattle farms in the implementation of their state plan for the development of animal husbandry.
Allow the agricultural Bank to provide loans to collective farms in areas liberated from German occupation for the purchase of livestock and bream in the amount of the full cost.
1. To recommend to collective farms of the areas released from German occupation to leave for cultivation of working oxen all livestock of bullocks of the offspring of 1942-43.
On measures to restore poultry farming in collective farms
1. Obligate the oblast Executive committees, the Executive Committee, regional committees and territorial committees of the CPSU(b) to enable the restoration of 1943-44 of all poultry farms had the farms before the occupation, and to increase the number of adult birds on 1 January 1945, on the collective farm poultry regions up to the following amounts:
About privileges to collective farms, collective farmers, sole proprietors, workers and employees on deliveries of agricultural products to the state and about the order of carrying out preparations in 1943.
1. To oblige the district Executive committees and district committees of the CPSU(b) release wholly or partly in 1943 from passing the state agricultural farm yards, individual farms, farms workers, civil servants and artisans who suffered from the German occupation.
On assistance to collective and state farms with seeds for winter sowing in 1943
1. To ensure the plan for sowing winter crops for the harvest of 1944, release 50,000 tons of winter crop grain from state resources as loans to collective farms, including:
About delivery of fuel and oils for MTS
1. Oblige Glavneftesnab under the Soviet people's Commissar of the USSR under all conditions to complete the shipment of fuel and oils for the allocated funds for agriculture and for restoration work in the liberated areas in the following terms:
About measures of assistance for restoration and construction of dwellings of collective farmers, workers and employees
1. Consider it an urgent task of the party and Soviet organizations of the Kursk, Oryol, Voronezh, Kalinin, Stalingrad, Rostov regions, Krasnodar and Stavropol regions to restore and build new residential buildings from local construction materials in villages, cities and working settlements liberated from the German occupation, in order to provide accommodation in habitable premises for collective farmers, workers, and employees currently living in dugouts and destroyed houses.
2. Oblige the Council of people's Commissars of the RSFSR and regional committees, regional committees of the CPSU (b) and regional Executive committees to ensure the construction and commissioning in 1943:
About the organization for children of soldiers of the red Army and partisans of the Patriotic war, as well as children of orphans whose parents died at the hands of the German occupiers - Suvorov military schools, special vocational schools, special orphanages and children's receivers-distributors
1. For the device, training and education of children of soldiers of the red Army, partisans of the Patriotic war, as well as children of Soviet and party workers, workers and collective farmers who died at the hands of the German occupiers, to organize in the Krasnodar and Stavropol territories, Rostov, Stalingrad, Voroshilovgrad, Voronezh, Kharkiv, Kursk, Oryol, Smolensk and Kalinin regions:
a) nine Suvorov military schools, such as the old cadet corps, 500 people each, a total of 4500 people with a training period of 7 years, with a closed boarding school for pupils;
b) twenty-three special vocational schools of 400 people each, a total of 9,200 people with a 4-year training period; of these, 12 schools for boys and 11 for girls;
C) special children's homes with a total of 16,300 children and children's homes for 1,750 children;
d) twenty-nine children's receivers-distributors for 2 thousand people.
The contents of all these institutions fully be attributed to the state, according to estimates of NGOs, Public administration of labour reserves, Narkomprosa SFSR and the USSR, the NKVD and people's Commissariat of the USSR.
Special children's homes
1. Oblige the people's Commissars Of the RSFSR and the Ukrainian SSR to organize special children's homes with a contingent of pupils in the total number of 300 people, including 13.100 people in the RSFSR –
Establish that special children's homes accept children of preschool and school age from 3 to 13 years (boys and girls)
Assign the NKVD of the USSR daily control over the organization of special children's homes and their work. Instruct the NKVD of the USSR to appoint representatives of the NKVD of the USSR for the regions, assigning them the duty to ensure the organization of special children's homes in the prescribed time, control over their work and take measures to provide daily assistance to special children's homes.
Instruct the Committee under the SNK of the USSR to restore the economy in areas liberated from the German occupation, consisting of T. T.: Malenkov G. M.-Chairman of the Committee, Beria P. P., Mikoyan A. I., Voznesensky N. A. and Andreev A. A.-management of the restoration of the economy in areas liberated from the German occupation, and control over the implementation of Government decisions related to these areas.