Berghof Obersalzberg

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
svenzyme

Re: Berghof Obersalzberg

Post by svenzyme » 15 Feb 2020, 05:59

Here's a bit more of encouraging comments from the poster of the footage on reddit.

"
level 1
Pur3G4m3
13 points
·
1 day ago
We are planning on releasing our whole archive to the public via Youtube if there is enough interest because it is quite some work to digitalize everything and right now all of our footage which was used in the 80s and 90s is collecting dust on the shelves. We would love to bring it back to life and let everybody enjoy it. There is documentataions, interviews, and we even have tons of footage of all the bunkers which have never been shown to the public.

Let me know if you guys are interested in this.

Greets from Germany

level 3
Pur3G4m3
2 points
·
16 hours ago
Thank you.
We have lots of stuff in German language too and i wonder if you english guys are interested in that too?

Maybe even somebody can help translate to english?

avid21

Post by avid21 » 15 Feb 2020, 20:59

please share what you can....even the german language ones. this is the ideal platform to share the content of this specific subject.
highly appreciated.

PS: though i must admit that google still hasnt got the hang of the german-english-german translations... :roll:

RickBamboo

Post by RickBamboo » 17 Feb 2020, 01:00

I rather would consider to open up a gofundme and Rescue the Hotel zum Turken wich seems to be on sale via Sothebys International Realty for about 4 Million US Dollars … If the Bavarian Government gets the Turken, they will do the same as they Always did … bulldoze it till Nothing remains.

CraigM

Post by CraigM » 17 Feb 2020, 09:34

RickBamboo wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 01:00
If the Bavarian Government gets the Turken, they will do the same as they Always did … bulldoze it till Nothing remains.
Yes the government would be the last people I would want to own it but from what I understand the owner has had so much grief from them over the years that she won't sell to them! In any case, I can't see EUR 3.65 million of public money being spent just to bulldoze it. That's a very expensive waste and I seriously doubt the cost could be justified to the taxpayer. On the other hand I believe a lot of money is needed to upgrade the inside to bring it up to standard so for that reason, the cost to someone that wants to re-open it and run it as a hotel would be quite in excess of the asking price. I doubt they'd get any reasonable return on their investment. So if a buyer doesn't want to run it as a hotel, what on earth would they buy it for? My guess is that this place will be on sale for a very long time, a buyer being hard to find, but we'll see I suppose. I do fear for its future.

tunix0

Post by tunix0 » 17 Feb 2020, 20:39

And another article with informations about the past of the Türken:

https://www.berchtesgadener-anzeiger.de ... 53906.html
---
www.vergessener-beton.de - Gegen das Vergessen!

Geoff Walden

Post by Geoff Walden » 17 Feb 2020, 22:07

This article doesn't name the Munich artist who painted the Türken logo. I wonder if it was Jo Hengge, who painted some of the works inside the Türken, and also the Kriegerdenkmal in downtown Berchtesgaden.
"Ordnung ist das halbe Leben" - I live in the other half.
http://www.thirdreichruins.com

tunix0

Post by tunix0 » 22 Feb 2020, 10:11

Hi,

here's an article about the new "Dokumentation Obersalzberg":

https://www.br.de/nachrichten/bayern/er ... ch,Rr9zs08

It says that it will be al lot more expensive than planned and that the opening will be earliest in Winter 2021/22.

So nothing new in Germany... :roll:
---
www.vergessener-beton.de - Gegen das Vergessen!

Reichssammler

Post by Reichssammler » 24 Feb 2020, 00:58

Hey guys,
I do have access to some more information about the berghof and even the bunker, all unpublished and never shown before. This will be uploaded on YouTube in the next weeks. A friend of mine put a lot of effort in converting old film roles and documents into the digital world (he also bought the license/rights to show them). He will upload all this footage unedited. Also from the "Neue Reichskanzlei". In case you like what you see, would you consider donating maybe 1 or 2 dollars to him? I will do that as well but I want to know your opinion about this.

BEGAFILM

Post by BEGAFILM » 27 Feb 2020, 01:01

Hello guys,

let me introduce BEGAFILM (Me and my father) to you.
As I see that you guys are already talking about us, I wanted to take the opportunity to personaly tell you who we are and what we do.

My father professionally produced documentaries about the 3rd reich back in the 80s and 90s for his own company called BEGAFILM, and released some of his finished projects on VHS to the public. He spent a big part of his life searching for information and footage that is related to the history of Berchtesgaden, the Obersalzberg, the Kehlsteinhaus, the Platterhof and everything else what is in our area in order to create his documentaries.
However, in the late 90s everything came pretty much to a halt (Kids and building and stuff happened) and since then the vast majority of his footage remained unused in our archive. We have everything, from unreleased Interviews with contemporary witnesses, over original footage from the washington archives which was thaught to be lost, over to our own videos from the insides of the bunkers on Obersalzberg which have actually never been seen inside, and much much more.
100s of hours of unedited material is waiting to be digitized and uploaded to youtube, to be watched by everybody who is interested.

Today I have for you a short clip from the inside of the BERGHOF BUNKER, which was also never published before as a proof of who we are and what I can offer to you.

In the next days the whole unedited, unreleased Berghof bunker video will follow. It is roughly one hour of the same material incl. comments in german.

Please enjoy!

Here is the video:
https://youtu.be/5KRYO46NZOo
BEGAFILM - History in Motion
Always on the hunt for new Material - If you have films on old formats/film rolls that you cant play - send them over. We will be happy to make the world see it once again.

avid21

Post by avid21 » 27 Feb 2020, 09:14

hi BEGAFILM
this is truly an invaluable addition this forum. Thank you for sharing. looking forward to more stuff.
cant understand german, but the footage is self explanatory.

Thanx for sharing

Geoff Walden

Post by Geoff Walden » 27 Feb 2020, 17:44

Welcome back, BEGAFILM! I have several of your old VHS and DVDs from the 80s and 90s, and I kept them all these years because the content just can't be found elsewhere. Great to hear that you will be putting up your wonderful films! Looking forward to seeing them on YouTube!
Are you still in Ramsau?
Welcome to AHF!
Geoff Walden
"Ordnung ist das halbe Leben" - I live in the other half.
http://www.thirdreichruins.com

BEGAFILM

Post by BEGAFILM » 27 Feb 2020, 23:56

Wow, thats nice. I thaught all of our old vhs's got destroyed over the years. Thanks a lot!
And yes, BEGA is still in the same place in beautiful Ramsau.

We are glad to find an audience for our stuff here!

Greets from Ramsau,

Begafilm
BEGAFILM - History in Motion
Always on the hunt for new Material - If you have films on old formats/film rolls that you cant play - send them over. We will be happy to make the world see it once again.

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 28 Feb 2020, 01:56

Does anyone have any idea
Intro German General and Knight's Cross recipient
Was Writer Military personnel
From Germany
Type Literature Military
Gender male
Birth 24 December 1895, Nowe Miasto Lubawskie
Death 26 October 1959, Berchtesgaden (aged 63 years)
[/ quote]

why and what was Nikolau von Vormann doing in Berchtesgaden?
Anyone know where he lived etc?

Duane Becker

Re: Bega Films

Post by Duane Becker » 28 Feb 2020, 02:07

Hello Bega Films. If you are indeed the same company, I have several of your VHS even a pamphlet. Looking forward to your next releases...
Here's a pic of a couple of your VHS, I think I have one or two more as well.
IMG_0530.JPG
IMG_0530.JPG (141.52 KiB) Viewed 860 times

Ulrico

Post by Ulrico » 28 Feb 2020, 09:28

Annelie wrote:
28 Feb 2020, 01:56
Does anyone have any idea
Intro German General and Knight's Cross recipient
Was Writer Military personnel
From Germany
Type Literature Military
Gender male
Birth 24 December 1895, Nowe Miasto Lubawskie
Death 26 October 1959, Berchtesgaden (aged 63 years)
[/ quote]

why and what was Nikolau von Vormann doing in Berchtesgaden?
Anyone know where he lived etc?
Hello Annelie,

how are you?

Nikolaus von Vormann was married to Ruth von Vormann, they lived in Berchtesgaden, Gmundberg 3, and you are right, he was General a.D. (resigned).

This Information comes from a 1954 resident Register.

best
Urico

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”