Berghof Obersalzberg

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
BEGAFILM

Re: Berghof Obersalzberg

Post by BEGAFILM » 28 Feb 2020, 12:26

Hello Duane,

yes!!! These are our old videos. How cool is that. You even have one of the RARE 5th May 45 VHS's. Not to many have been produced of this.
BEGAFILM - History in Motion
Always on the hunt for new Material - If you have films on old formats/film rolls that you cant play - send them over. We will be happy to make the world see it once again.

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 28 Feb 2020, 20:06

Thank you Ulrico.

I was wondering of all the places in Germany why he would pick Berchtesgaden
seeing that he was not from there? I love the area so I understand why people
are attracted but an General after the war where work is maybe in the future
and seeing the area had an connotation seems peculiar to me.

Annelie

Geoff Walden

Post by Geoff Walden » 29 Feb 2020, 01:53

Was he buried in BGL? I don't recall seeing his grave anywhere ...
Geoff
"Ordnung ist das halbe Leben" - I live in the other half.
http://www.thirdreichruins.com

BEGAFILM

Post by BEGAFILM » 01 Mar 2020, 22:58

Hey guys,

we have uploaded the whole unedited "tour through Berghof Bunker" video today!
Check it out:
https://youtu.be/lcld7tDBXkI

In this video you see a tour through the Berghof Bunker on Obersalzberg with Florian B. who is talking in the background.
The most of this footage has never been released to public, so you are the first to see this!

We have opened our archive for you and are currently in the process of digitizing all of our historic footage in order to re-edit and upload it to youtube for you guys to watch. And maybe we can even make a little money over youtube monetarisation once we have enough subscribers. (We have only 350 right now and you need at least 1000 to monetize a video, so feel free to leave a sub)

Please enjoy!
BEGAFILM - History in Motion
Always on the hunt for new Material - If you have films on old formats/film rolls that you cant play - send them over. We will be happy to make the world see it once again.

BunkerOwner2

Post by BunkerOwner2 » 02 Mar 2020, 14:01

This deserves all support, subscribe people!

Geoff Walden

Post by Geoff Walden » 02 Mar 2020, 17:16

More adverse media reporting about the Hotel Zum Türken. I am not surprised to read this opinion from this source. The authorities are still so terrified that neo-nazis will take over the Obersalzberg, now by buying the Türken. In all my visits to the Obersalzberg, out of the hundreds of people that I have seen, met, and spoken with, only two expressed a positive attitude toward the Nazis. No matter what the authorities would have us believe, the Obersalzberg is not and has not been a neo-nazi rally or pilgrimage site since the ruins were removed in 1952, at least not in the open.

https://www.pnp.de/lokales/berchtesgade ... 20293.html

Successful Author Chaussy says the Bavarian government should buy the Türken Hotel to keep it out of the wrong hands.

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 02 Mar 2020, 17:31

Buy it but turn it into another history tourist appeal as Kehlstein.

Bet, they would not tear that down with the same sentiments?

Geoff Walden

Post by Geoff Walden » 02 Mar 2020, 18:30

I think it is a sure bet, that if the government acquires the Türken they will eventually do one of the following:
a) tear it down and close the tunnel, to get rid of what they view as a big problem on the OSB.
b) change it completely and turn it into a center to educate youth (which may or may not close it to the general public).
c) make it an extension of the Dokumentation Obersalzberg - this would also probably mean changing it completely, and seeing how far overbudget the current Dokumentation extension is now, I doubt very highly there would be funding for this.

In any case, the result of government ownership would mean a complete change to the Hotel Zum Türken as it has been for the past 68 years.

tunix0

Post by tunix0 » 03 Mar 2020, 10:44

BEGAFILM wrote:
01 Mar 2020, 22:58
Hey guys,

We have opened our archive for you and are currently in the process of digitizing all of our historic footage in order to re-edit and upload it to youtube for you guys to watch. And maybe we can even make a little money over youtube monetarisation once we have enough subscribers. (We have only 350 right now and you need at least 1000 to monetize a video, so feel free to leave a sub)

Please enjoy!
Hi BEGAFILM!

this is really fantastic! Of course, I subscribed to your channel! :thumbsup:

I sent you a PM.

Christian
---
www.vergessener-beton.de - Gegen das Vergessen!

BunkerOwner2

Post by BunkerOwner2 » 07 Mar 2020, 17:24

Geoff Walden wrote:
02 Mar 2020, 17:16
More adverse media reporting about the Hotel Zum Türken. I am not surprised to read this opinion from this source. The authorities are still so terrified that neo-nazis will take over the Obersalzberg, now by buying the Türken. In all my visits to the Obersalzberg, out of the hundreds of people that I have seen, met, and spoken with, only two expressed a positive attitude toward the Nazis. No matter what the authorities would have us believe, the Obersalzberg is not and has not been a neo-nazi rally or pilgrimage site since the ruins were removed in 1952, at least not in the open.

https://www.pnp.de/lokales/berchtesgade ... 20293.html

Successful Author Chaussy says the Bavarian government should buy the Türken Hotel to keep it out of the wrong hands.

This is an argument that is always used, but never sticks.
There are places more suitable for those who are nazi, and even at those places they never see them.

Geoff Walden

Post by Geoff Walden » 09 Mar 2020, 23:54

More disappointing news on the Obersalzberg. The government has fired the architectural firm that was responsible for the Dokumentation expansion, due to cost overruns, delays, and not performing to contract. A replacement will be hired ASAP. (Maybe they should hire Polensky & Zoellner!) :milwink:

https://www.berchtesgadener-anzeiger.de ... 57045.html

CraigM

Post by CraigM » 10 Mar 2020, 01:06

Geoff Walden wrote:
09 Mar 2020, 23:54
More disappointing news on the Obersalzberg. The government has fired the architectural firm that was responsible for the Dokumentation expansion, due to cost overruns, delays, and not performing to contract. A replacement will be hired ASAP. (Maybe they should hire Polensky & Zoellner!) :milwink:

https://www.berchtesgadener-anzeiger.de ... 57045.html
Yes, most disappointing. This project has been in progress for a very long time and this firing, probably necessary, is only going to delay things further and almost certainly going to result in more cost as new companies are engaged. The whole thing seems to be one problem after another. And this is surprising when you consider that it essentially involves just building a new visitor centre and extending/re-opening a tunnel. That's an oversimplification of course but still, why the huge cost blowout and many delays? The irony is that there's no way these issues would have occurred in 1943 under the direction of Herr Bormann. One feels that the job would have been completed long ago. This thing's now taken longer to build than the Kehlsteinhaus, which was infinitely more difficult! OK there were no safety standards back then but still. 75 years on and our construction abilities have gone backwards. Where's Fritz Todt when you need him? Just saying...

G.K.

Post by G.K. » 15 Mar 2020, 15:50

I have records for the terrace chairs from the Berghof Obersalzberg. I'll try to build them again.
Let's see if I can do it.
Attachments
20200220_062439_Fotor.jpg

Br. James

Post by Br. James » 16 Mar 2020, 17:55

Do we know what happened to the terrace furniture from the Berghof? Is it perhaps sitting on someone's patio in Berchtesgaden...or elsewhere?

Br. James

CPB

Post by CPB » 16 Mar 2020, 18:13

I bet a lot of it was used for firewood...but I'm sure 1 or 2 must still exist.

Interesting...subtle difference between the chair shown here and the one in the blueprint above.
Attachments
Chair.jpg

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”