The Obersalzberg before 1933 - short documentary series (German language) by BEGAFILM

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
BEGAFILM

The Obersalzberg before 1933 - short documentary series (German language) by BEGAFILM

Post by BEGAFILM » 01 Apr 2020, 23:21

Hello Axis,

today I can provide you with something special!
You get some unique Footage from the time before 1933 on Obersalzberg.
As always this comes out of our private Archive which we are currently digitizing and uploading to YouTube. The footage is in german language but I think you still might get somehting just from the video material.
This will be a series of short documentaries all regarding Obersalzberg and the different buildings.

"Adolf Hitler und der Obersalzberg - Der Berg vor 1933"
This is the first one out of the series (13 min): https://youtu.be/w77Bhmd3JVE

Here is a little more about us:

My father professionally produced documentaries about the 3rd reich back in the 80s and 90s for his own company called BEGAFILM, and released some of his finished projects on VHS/later DVD to public.
He spent a big part of his life searching for information, pictures and footage that is related to the history of Berchtesgaden, the Obersalzberg, the Kehlsteinhaus, the Platterhof and everything else what is in our area, which could fit in to create his documentaries.

Things happened, and in the late 90s everything came pretty much to a halt (Kids and building and stuff) and since then the vast majority of his footage remained unused in our archive, until now. I have talked to him and he agreed to digitize everything and upload it to youtube. We want to save it from destruction, as everything is only on old film formats and we want to make people watch it again.

We have everything, from unreleased Interviews with contemporary witnesses, over original footage from the washington archives which was thaught to be lost, over to our own videos from the insides of all the bunkers on Obersalzberg and in Berchtesgaden which has actually never been shown, and much much more.
100s of hours of unedited raw material is waiting to be digitized, edited and uploaded to youtube, to be watched by everyone who is interested.

However, digitizing is a lot of work and expensive, so we would like to try to get a little money back with youtube monetarisation once we have enough subscribers. (We have around 800 right now and you need at least 1000 subs +4000 hours public watchtime to monetize a video, so feel free to leave a sub and watch our other videos. It would really help us a lot at this small stage!)

We have also created a Patreon page where you can support us via paypal if you want. We guarantee your donations will go to 100% into the proccess of digitizing, editing and the upload of new videos.

Here is our page:
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=30465076

Thank you to everyone who watches our videos / supports us otherwise! You are GREAT!

Stay safe and greets from Berchtesgaden,

BEGAFILM
Last edited by BEGAFILM on 02 Apr 2020, 18:27, edited 2 times in total.
BEGAFILM - History in Motion
Always on the hunt for new Material - If you have films on old formats/film rolls that you cant play - send them over. We will be happy to make the world see it once again.

BEGAFILM

Re: The Obersalzberg before 1933 - short documentary series (German language) by BEGAFILM

Post by BEGAFILM » 02 Apr 2020, 18:24

Part TWO is online now. Just a short clip about Goerings House on Obersalzberg.

"Adolf Hitler und der Obersalzberg - Görings Landhaus" (3 min)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ac8noIr2DM

Enjoy watching.
Always on the hunt for new Material - If you have films on old formats/film rolls that you cant play - send them over. We will be happy to make the world see it once again.

BEGAFILM

Re: The Obersalzberg before 1933 - short documentary series (German language) by BEGAFILM

Post by BEGAFILM » 03 Apr 2020, 18:06

Part THREE is now online.

"ADOLF HITLER UND DER OBERSALZBERG - DAS HOTEL ZUM TÜRKEN || Kurzdokumentation"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grfjmIvuiog

Please enjoy!

Greets,
BEGAFILM

BEGAFILM

Post by BEGAFILM » 04 Apr 2020, 22:06

Hey guys,

I have a new part of our series today.

You will find footage of the inside of Berghof back in 1933-38. It is again at the moment only available in german language. But the pictures speak for themselves.

Here you go:
"ADOLF HITLER UND DER OBERSALZBERG - DER BERGHOF UND DAS FÜHRERSPERRGEBIET"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PONRTrCrWI&t=2s

Have fun watching.

CraigM

Post by CraigM » 05 Apr 2020, 05:07

BEGAFILM wrote:
04 Apr 2020, 22:06

But the pictures speak for themselves.

Not really. I can't understand anything. :-)

BEGAFILM

Post by BEGAFILM » 05 Apr 2020, 11:05

We will provide you with english translations at some point in future. I just cant tell you when. Lots of stuff happening at the moment here in Bavaria due to Covid-19...
Hope you all are well!

Greets

CraigM

Post by CraigM » 06 Apr 2020, 07:08

BEGAFILM wrote:
05 Apr 2020, 11:05
We will provide you with english translations at some point in future. I just cant tell you when. Lots of stuff happening at the moment here in Bavaria due to Covid-19...
Thanks Begafilm. I'm very grateful. Even subtitles will do (the auto-generated ones that YouTube creates don't make much sense). An English-speaking voiceover would be more expensive and take more time and isn't really necessary, so subtitles are fine! From your posts here you seem to have perfect English so maybe one day when you get some time you could create English .srt files.

There's some fantastic footage in your films. I get to see areas and buildings on the Obersalzberg that I thought I'd never see. Thanks so much! :)

PS. I recently watched a documentary on DVD called "Hitler's Fixer - The True Story of Hitler's Deputy Martin Bormann" and I noticed that Begafilm was credited for supplying footage!

BEGAFILM

Post by BEGAFILM » 15 Apr 2020, 21:47

Hello,

part 5 and 6 are now online.
Here you go:

MARTIN BORMANN, BAUMEISTER IM GRÖßENWAHN :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn3dOdTPMLM

DER BERG UNTER BOMBEN - WARTIME:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkb3ucsikCE

Also I have created a Website for us. (It is german language though) Please check it out and maybe give feedback. I have never done websites before so bare with me.

https://www.begafilm.com

Greets

BEGAFILM

Post by BEGAFILM » 15 Apr 2020, 21:48

Craig we will add subtitles soon. I will make a post and tell everybody then.
Thanks for your support and please enjoy :)

stevequinton

Post by stevequinton » 16 Apr 2020, 11:28

Hi Begafilm,
Great looking website for first attempt,
And let me echo the thoughts of others when I say it is good of you to post these films on the forum.

Steve

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”