Warsaw 1944 soldiers identification

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
AlifRafikKhan

Re: Warsaw 1944 soldiers identification

Post by AlifRafikKhan » 10 May 2020, 21:14

So what we have here so far, FLTR: two unknown, adjutant of Bondarenko or translator (?), Oberst Kraskovski, unknown, and Oberleutnant Michael Aktan?

what is the full name of Oberst Kraskovski?

Stephan

Post by Stephan » 17 May 2020, 23:35

Gewehr41 wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 00:16
Who were these soldiers with Major Ivan Denisovich Frolov and what was their fate.
Some soldiers are also with SS General Reinefarth... were they important soldiers to be in General Staff?
I have seen this exact photo illustrating an article about general Boris Smyslovskij´s division / legion Russland, an anti-bolsjevik formation of russian emigrees fighting with the german army against Sovjet.
But these werent a part of Vlasov´s group, nor other groups, as I understand...

As the identification in this thread doesnt name any of them as officer in the Russland division, I gather having this here photo in an article about general Smyslovskijs group is entirely false and wrong??

General Smyslovskij group has btw an interesting history: they got asylum in Liechtenstein... So it was the only group of ex-russian, not given away to the Sovjet...

https://kk.delachieve.com/%D0%B1%D3%A9% ... %82%D0%BE/

Ps. The link is in russian, but I managed by Right click to get a decent translation into english.

Semenov

Post by Semenov » 20 May 2020, 19:05

Stephan wrote:
17 May 2020, 23:35

As the identification in this thread doesnt name any of them as officer in the Russland division, I gather having this here photo in an article about general Smyslovskijs group is entirely false and wrong??

General Smyslovskij group has btw an interesting history: they got asylum in Liechtenstein... So it was the only group of ex-russian, not given away to the Sovjet...
it's wrong. This photo (in Warsaw) itsn't any connections with Smyslowski
Stephan wrote:
17 May 2020, 23:35
Ps. The link is in russian, but I managed by Right click to get a decent translation into english.
its'nt russian language, some from asian

Stephan

Post by Stephan » 21 May 2020, 23:18

Semenov wrote:
20 May 2020, 19:05
ts'nt russian language, some from asian

Correct. Its some sort of kyrillic alphabet, so to think its russian isnt unnatural. But looking closer, its not the typical kirillic, and thus, not russian language either... The words I do recognize are names or german words spelled in this language.... I barely understand some words in russian, but if the text were in russian proper, even I would be able to decipher something more.

Anyway, its possible to get an automatic translation into english, and thus, to get a decent idea on the content. :)

Tx Semenov for confirmation; this photo isnt about the Smyslovskij group, even if this article strongly hints this.

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”