Jagtiger's In The BoB

Discussions on the vehicles used by the Axis forces. Hosted by Christian Ankerstjerne
Brady

Jagtiger's In The BoB

Post by Brady » 01 Oct 2020, 02:15

Recently I looked into Jagdtigers in Holland, and with the help of the Forum, I discovered that the references suggesting this as there first combat were, well, Wrong...

After rereading a couple books I have on the Jagdtiger, I was surprised to stumble across a Mark Felton Video on U-Tube from a couple of years ago suggesting there first Combat was in fact in the Battle of the Bulge.

What Surprised me was that my best book on the Jagdtigers, has no mention of this at all in it, but does go into some detail about all subsequent combat operations they were involved in.

So, the "?" is did this actually Happen ?

Above From:

Did this happen:

https://youtu.be/MOAfIXy-Pgc

Michael Kenny

Re: Jagtiger's In The BoB

Post by Michael Kenny » 01 Oct 2020, 02:36

Brady wrote:
01 Oct 2020, 02:15
I was surprised to stumble across a Mark Felton Video on U-Tube.............
The Mark Felton videos are worthless and on no account should anyone rely on them as a source.
Mark Felton has one aim only and that is views for his garbage. All he does is Google a subject and then make a film about it. He steals stuff from Missing Lynx and here and neither he nor his audience have any way of checking any of his claims. Stop watching his garbage and do your own google.
The comments on his films are depressing. So much praise for what is 3rd rate research. A lot of time is being wasted across a number of forums trying to correct his fantasy claims. The man is a colossal fraud and a menace to serious study. .

Yoozername

Post by Yoozername » 01 Oct 2020, 09:50

Does he use blurry pictures or videos?

Takao

Post by Takao » 01 Oct 2020, 13:01

Brady wrote:
01 Oct 2020, 02:15
Recently I looked into Jagdtigers in Holland, and with the help of the Forum, I discovered that the references suggesting this as there first combat were, well, Wrong...

After rereading a couple books I have on the Jagdtiger, I was surprised to stumble across a Mark Felton Video on U-Tube from a couple of years ago suggesting there first Combat was in fact in the Battle of the Bulge.

What Surprised me was that my best book on the Jagdtigers, has no mention of this at all in it, but does go into some detail about all subsequent combat operations they were involved in.

So, the "?" is did this actually Happen ?

Above From:

Did this happen:

https://youtu.be/MOAfIXy-Pgc
Unfortunately, no Jagdtigers fought in the Bulge.

Yes, there are a few American claims that they engaged Jagdtigers during the Bulge. Mr. Felton takes these claims at face value, without fact checking the American claims. However, there were no Jagdtigers that participated, the SPGs engaged were most likely Jagdpanthers or Jagdpanzer IVs.

Brady

Post by Brady » 01 Oct 2020, 17:01

Thanks!

msktszb

Post by msktszb » 01 Oct 2020, 18:08

This comes from one US Officer's memoirs - General Albin Irzyk, who seems to have misidentified his opponents in a battle, and that made it into a book, and the book account made it into a Greatest Battles episode for the Bulge, and then to wikipedia, and then to Felton.
Apparently the 653rd was supposed to be involved but due to transportation problems they didn't make it, but one company did participate in Nordwind - which is mentioned in your book.

Return to “The Ron Klages Panzer & other vehicles Section”