looking for "Panzerkrieg"

WW1, Inter-War or WW2 related items you have for sale. By posting items for sale in this section, you agree to the guidelines found in this section.
genstab

looking for "Panzerkrieg"

Post by genstab » 26 Nov 2020, 02:20

I've been watching for a used copy of Kurowski's "Panzerkrieg" in English. No luck- everyone's asking unreal prices, $50 and up. Does anyone have a copy he wants to sell? (Heh- maybe not as it's a good book)
Best,
Bill in Cleveland

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Re: looking for "Panzerkrieg"

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 28 Nov 2020, 23:11

https://www.biblio.com/search.php?stage ... &quantity=
genstab wrote:
26 Nov 2020, 02:20

You are correct Seems to be a very expensive book, you might just have to bit ethe bulllet
Try Abe Books as well

I've been watching for a used copy of Kurowski's "Panzerkrieg" in English. No luck- everyone's asking unreal prices, $50 and up. Does anyone have a copy he wants to sell? (Heh- maybe not as it's a good book)
Best,
Bill in Cleveland

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 28 Nov 2020, 23:14

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Search ... ats-_-used

Found these but do not know of they are in English

genstab

Post by genstab » 29 Nov 2020, 22:26

I do appreciate your thoughtfulness,Mark, but only the title Panzerkrieg without the "Der" is English and they are way higher than the $40 I'd like to keep it to. I may have to wait a ayear or two but I've already read it from the library and gotten a few thiangs from it for my book. As I own every book in the bibliograpy of my and Tom Nutter's book on the German higher commands except this one, I do want to have it also- one day!

Have a great holiday down there!
Best,
Bill

genstab

Post by genstab » 04 Sep 2021, 01:15

I finally found a hardcover copy used (but like new) for $57. For anyone who hasn't seen the book, it's one of the best on the Panzer battles throughout the war, rich in photos of outstanding commanders down to sergeants with high kill records and all the campaigns east and west. I got a lot of information for my O?B book from it, one of the best of the 170-odd sources in my Bibliography. Check it out. Probably it's worth buying it new from the publisher, and the hardcover is heavy duty and long lasting. It's too bad Kurowski is no longer with us as he was an excellent and accurate historian.
Best,
Bill in Cleveland

Return to “For Sale & Wanted”