First atomic bomb was German !?!

Discussions on the equipment used by the Axis forces, apart from the things covered in the other sections. Hosted by Juha Tompuri
von thoma

Re: First atomic bomb was German !?!

Post by von thoma » 06 Dec 2019, 06:02

Well, the Germans have an atomic bomb in late 44/45, only one, no more....Where would they choose throw this bomb ? What could they get ?
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

Edward L. Hsiao

Post by Edward L. Hsiao » 14 Nov 2020, 08:57

The Germans have nuclear weapons all right. They just lack the means of air delivery. What kind of bomber that would carry them?

Edward L. Hsiao

Simon Gunson

Post by Simon Gunson » 21 Dec 2020, 04:29

He177 A-8

Negative, the He277 was capable of dropping a 7,084kg bomb load, (or the Hiroshima Bomb) over England from altitudes of 49,210 feet!
Cruise speed of 248KIAS at FL490, using four 1,800hp DB 603E engines

by April 1944 Heinkel was ready to mass produce the HE-277 AT Schwechatt near Vienna. It was in effect a kitset to modify He177 A-3 ,or A-5/ A-6 airframes including new tail empennage, new wings & engines, a new pressurized cockpit cabin. This aircraft is correctly designated as the He177 A-8.
Below, wartime artist's illustration of the He-277 with incorrect triple fin Manchester style tail empennage

distant relation to the He274, the He277 still bore a direct relationship to the He177.
BELOW He274

After Hitler was enraged by the bombing of Munich in 1943, he demanded a new bomber to strike England, but only Heinkel had a proposal ready for development. Hitler immediately gave his approval for the He-177 A-8 project. This was the aircraft later to be known as the He-277

Last edited by Simon Gunson on 22 Dec 2020, 00:35, edited 5 times in total.

Simon Gunson

Post by Simon Gunson » 21 Dec 2020, 05:26

William, my first time back on AHF , probably since 2014!

I HAVE not been able to read Karlsch's book, however I HAVE READ articles reviewing his book.

Please could you give us a summary of the "Karlsch hypothesis in your own words?
I gather he talks mostly about the sub-critical boosted fission Schumann Trinks warhead tested on Rugen in October 1944?
(described in the Zinser AFFIDAVIT)?
[NB Karlsh did publish a pitifully unconvincing drawing of a Plutonium warhead with an unworkable gun barrel device]

This is the Bug Peninsula where the Schumann Trinks warhead was apparently detonated, 1944, leaving two craters contaminated by Caesium 137 until quite recently

Principle of the Schumann Trinks warhead was two opposed hollow charge warheads to compress Lithium Deuteride against A uranium sphere

The hollow charge bomb implodes lithium &Deuterium against a Uranium "marble"

Last edited by Simon Gunson on 22 Dec 2020, 00:27, edited 1 time in total.

Simon Gunson

Re:

Post by Simon Gunson » 21 Dec 2020, 08:32

Mark V wrote:
30 Aug 2005, 22:42
Andreas wrote:Looking for the sources is also helpful in cooling off.
Agreed 100%
This thread really needs an look of sources with credibility. The claims posted here are unbelievable, and defy everything that is common knowledge.
Sorry, i myself got little overboard but these claims of Germans producing HEU during WW2, or their ability to when ever they want to build nuclear bomb really got me overboard, as there is not even an single shred of evidence to back up those claims, nor never will be.

Lets stick to what can be proven.
Regards, Mark V
Maybe this could help?
https://www.express.co.uk/news/history/ ... -documents

Back in 2014, because of my conspicuous interest in the Schuman Trinks atomic bomb development at Rugen Island, my email inbox was graced one day by an email from Dirk Finkemeier asserting the late father of his friend Major Keith Sanders liberated an underground Uranium centrifuge plant at Espelkamp. west of Hannover. Sanders' father Corporal Llywellan Sanders as member of No.1 Mobile Unit ROAC, in company with 30 AU Commando T-Force entered the underground complex at Espelkamp.

His father Corporal Sanders RAOC, defused German booby traps. Inside the complex Sanders also located 40 working Uranium centrifuges and what was described to me as a "Krupp nuclear reactor" some 30m deep underground, Later, I had some rather prickly email exchanges with Keith, prickly because he did not appreciate my skepticism about a working nuclear reactor! During several email which followed with both of them, i was told that the British kept the capture of Espelkamp secret from their US allies. German scientists held at Farm Hall were shifted back to internment at Alswede in total secrecy, to advise & assist the British to reactivate the centrifuge operation. Thus after WW2, The British kept enriching Uranium for their own nuclear project until 1948 when the Americans finally learned about this they expelled the British from the Manhattan project.[maybe why this isn't"common knowledge?"]

Simon Gunson

Post by Simon Gunson » 22 Dec 2020, 01:06

T. A. Gardner wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 22:32
My delivery scenario has always been:

The Germans use a Ju 390 to deliver such a weapon. The target isn't London, it's Moscow. The Soviets have a very primitive air defense warning system that is largely incapable of dealing with a single aircraft target and has essentially zero capacity to deal with one flying at night (eg., they don't have effective nightfighter planes).
The delivery plane takes off and flies at night to Moscow to arrive in the very early morning to deliver its weapon. The biggest problem for the Ju 390 is not delivery, but escape. It's simply going to be too slow to outrun the bomb's effects when it goes off. A possible solution is the bomb is fitted with a drag chute or parachute to slow its decent to give sufficient time to escape.
Using a Gigant only insures that delivery becomes a suicide mission, both in trying to fly to the target, and deliver the weapon.
Sorry, but the Nazis scrapped the V3 [bomber] prototype during assembly when static load tests of the wing indicated the wings would not bear the load of parasite fighters.
source: author Goeffrey Brooks author of various works on Luftwaffe aircraft

During interrogation by Patton, General VOSS asserted the He274 WAS the intended New York bomber. Milch however proposed staging a bomber raid on New York via an airfield on Eastern Greenland using Do217 towed part way by He177 aircraft
source: author Goeffrey Brooks also from Milch's memoirs
Suggestions about the Messerschmitt Me 323 Gigant not only seem implausible to me but they also need some attribution

OpanaPointer
Financial supporter

Post by OpanaPointer » 22 Dec 2020, 01:12

This thread makes Trump look sane.
Come visit our sites:
hyperwarHyperwar
World War II Resources

Bellum se ipsum alet, mostly Doritos.

Simon Gunson

Post by Simon Gunson » 22 Dec 2020, 02:03

OpanaPointer wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 01:12
I await your factual rebuttal

Richard Anderson

Post by Richard Anderson » 22 Dec 2020, 02:20

Simon Gunson wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 02:03
OpanaPointer wrote:
That was a factual rebuttal. How about a source from you on Lieutenant General George Smith Patton Junior conducting POW interviews at the end of the war?
Richard C. Anderson Jr.

American Thunder: U.S. Army Tank Design, Development, and Doctrine in World War II
Cracking Hitler's Atlantic Wall
Hitler's Last Gamble
Artillery Hell

Simon Gunson

Post by Simon Gunson » 22 Dec 2020, 03:00

Richard Anderson wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 02:20
Simon Gunson wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 02:03
OpanaPointer wrote:
That was a factual rebuttal. How about a source from you on Lieutenant General George Smith Patton Junior conducting POW interviews at the end of the war?
No in fact Richard Anderson/Opana Pointer , I can't because all my notes were stored as files or bookmarks on a desk top computer which burned out in 2014, therefore , I can no longer access the source to quench your bitter hubris

Life is short my suggestion is chill & stop being so angry before you suffer a stroke, or heart attack.
Last edited by Simon Gunson on 22 Dec 2020, 03:13, edited 1 time in total.

Richard Anderson

Post by Richard Anderson » 22 Dec 2020, 03:08

An entry containing an unnecessary comment was deleted. Please avoid personal outbursts and comments.

//Georg
Richard C. Anderson Jr.

American Thunder: U.S. Army Tank Design, Development, and Doctrine in World War II
Hitler's Last Gamble
Artillery Hell

Simon Gunson

Post by Simon Gunson » 22 Dec 2020, 03:17

Richard Anderson wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 03:08
Simon Gunson wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 03:00
No in fact , I can't because all my notes were stored as files or bookmarks on a desk top computer which burned out in 2014, therefore , I can no longer access the source to quench your bitter hubris
The dog ate your notes, so now you are upset when anyone asks you to substantiate nonsense?
Life is short my suggestion is chill & stop being so angry before you suffer a stroke, or heart attack.
Um, I am neither angry or suffering from overwhelming pride, but I am amused at the faux outrage displayed.
I still await any effort whatsoever to debate the German Atomic bomb

Michael Kenny

Post by Michael Kenny » 22 Dec 2020, 03:26

Simon Gunson wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 03:00
I can't because all my notes were stored as files or bookmarks on a desk top computer which burned out in 2014
Was that before or after your articles in Nexus Magazine?
Did you not list your sources in the print version?

I believe you are the editor of said publication

https://nexusmagazine.com/product/the-e ... cba1185463
Looks like you were bumped off the cover by an article about remote viewing of ancient aliens on Mars ................................

Simon Gunson

Post by Simon Gunson » 22 Dec 2020, 04:08

Michael Kenny wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 03:26

Was that before or after your articles in Nexus Magazine?
Did you not list your sources in the print version?
I will not waste my energy on responding to people not prepared to offer factual rebuttal of the German Atomic bomb

Richard Anderson

Post by Richard Anderson » 22 Dec 2020, 04:13

Simon Gunson wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 04:08
I will not waste my energy on responding to people not prepared to offer factual rebuttal of the German Atomic bomb
Naw, never mind.
Richard C. Anderson Jr.

Hitler's Last Gamble
Artillery Hell

Return to “Other Equipment”