Need help at evaluating worth of SS Ausweis

Discussions on Axis documents, postcards, posters and other paper items as well as feldpost numbers.
Tomson96

Need help at evaluating worth of SS Ausweis

Post by Tomson96 » 28 Mar 2021, 20:28

Hello!

I would like to ask a perhaps rather hard question since im not sure how to evaluate that. But through luck i bought the SS Ausweis of Hitlers Valet Heinz Linge, issued in 35. It is original, so much has been confirmed.

Just the estimate for its worth are...well, so far i just got people giving me what they would pay. Which ranges a lot. And which is also not what i asked for. I dont want to sell. Just an estimate of the worth dangit.

Any of you here got an idea?

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Re: Need help at evaluating worth of SS Ausweis

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 29 Mar 2021, 03:54

Worthless unless you actually post some pics of this relic. So my new member, please post pics of this relic so we can give you whats its oworthSinc ehe left the FurhurBUbker on the 2nd of May and was captured by Soviets on the 3rd,how did his Auswiss end up still intact? Standard procedure with SS was to destroy all Id of SS membership during those last hours, I doubt he left them at the Bunker, but got rid of them. But I have been wrong before, so please since you say you have this, post some pics of exterior, inmside, etc

Tomson96

Post by Tomson96 » 29 Mar 2021, 07:04

That's fair enough reasoning.

I just got overcondident since so far when I tried to get it evaluated all I got back was a buy offer by the trader. Which, as said, is not what I asked for. I will try to get some scans asap, worst case just get the camera since my printer is unreliable at times.

Will likely have some pictures ready after work today, still thanks for the comment every bit of help is appreciated!

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 30 Mar 2021, 02:46

Tomson96 wrote:
29 Mar 2021, 07:04

I just got overcondident since so far when I tried to get it evaluated all I got back was a buy offer by the trader. Which, as said, is not what I asked for. I will try to get some scans asap, worst case just get the camera since my printer is unreliable at times.

Will likely have some pictures ready after work today, still thanks for the comment every bit of help is appreciated!
I know I tread heavy and carr5y a big stick.The thing is ,is that way too many times someone gets on this, and other forums and they say they have this or that, but never proves it.NOw I'm not calling you out, yet, but it's quite easy to take a pic, download to your PC of chois ce, then post here, you can use FB asnd then transfer pic. I get in trouble here for beiong this way toward some guiys and their selloing some ultra rare relic of Germany origin, with my yeah, show us.. and in everycase no proof everr comes up. sooo.... I'll wait for these *pics* cool?

Tomson96

Post by Tomson96 » 30 Mar 2021, 23:20

Mark in Cleveland, Tn. wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 02:46
Tomson96 wrote:
29 Mar 2021, 07:04

I know I tread heavy and carr5y a big stick.The thing is ,is that way too many times someone gets on this, and other forums and they say they have this or that, but never proves it.NOw I'm not calling you out, yet, but it's quite easy to take a pic, download to your PC of chois ce, then post here, you can use FB asnd then transfer pic. I get in trouble here for beiong this way toward some guiys and their selloing some ultra rare relic of Germany origin, with my yeah, show us.. and in everycase no proof everr comes up. sooo.... I'll wait for these *pics* cool?
Sorry for the wait!

Unsurprisingly i didnt get my scanner to work so i used the good ol photo camera. I hope the quality of the pictures is ok. I uploaded it via imgur, seemed easier then to just select one pic after the other.

https://imgur.com/a/6K7NV6k

Now give me the hard truth. As crushing as it may be ;P

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 31 Mar 2021, 03:20

Bahahhahahaa the dead giveaway,,wrong pic,, why use a later photocopied pic as shown as his booklet pic?? Man you got hosedhttps://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV ... IRPRST&idp

Impopssible to be issued in 35 when this pic as inlink was taken in the 40'sp=overlayview&ajaxhist=0

Tomson96

Post by Tomson96 » 31 Mar 2021, 08:08

Yeah that's what made me question it first too

Maaaaaaan. I just got super happy for a second. Because I showed it to that big shop in Germany and they were like "Yeah ok, talked with the Boss, here have 2500 bucks and we take it"

There go my dreams xD

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 31 Mar 2021, 20:34

Tomson96 wrote:
31 Mar 2021, 08:08
Yeah that's what made me question it first too

Maaaaaaan. I just got super happy for a second. Because I showed it to that big shop in Germany and they were like "Yeah ok, talked with the Boss, here have 2500 bucks and we take it"

There go my dreams xD
What big shop? and why Germany? why not say big shop in Nurnburg, or Berlin? or Bohn? and the Bucks is not i would think is a German term, Marks.or Phennings, but not a American term for money. I'll call you out now man, you tried to pull a fast on on here for some weird reason, and why is that?

Tomson96

Post by Tomson96 » 06 Apr 2021, 12:11

Because I live in Europe and the biggest Shop I know is in Hamburg? Why do you need a specific location?

And well of course I say bucks. We are talking english after all. Nobody uses denglish outside of talking with other german speaking folks. Bucks does not equal dollar. It's just a term for money

Besides Germany doesnt have Marks or Pfennige anymore. Since 2 decades.

Im not quite sure what "a fast one" is. I write english but I dont write it THAT often. I assume it means that you believe I tried to scam someone? In that case I would like to ask how exactly? As you stated it is easy to spot as fake. Nobody buys without pictures. So I would have never been able to sell it.

I had that offer years back so I kept the thing. Thinking it's worth may have increased. That's why I came here. And now it turns out it's fake which even back then would have probably been revealed latest when I would have brought that thing to the shop.

Soooo I cant quite follow the accusation im sorry

Return to “Axis Documents, Feldpost numbers, Postcards & Other Paper Items”