Gertraud Weisker

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
CPB

Gertraud Weisker

Post by CPB » 08 Sep 2009, 18:57

This is a hell of a longshot, but does anyone have any contact with Eva Braun's still-living cousin Gertraud Weisker? Or an email address?

Cheers.

Gianni Lepri

Re: Gertraud Weisker

Post by Gianni Lepri » 22 Dec 2009, 13:35

I admit of being off topic from your question, but I have another one on Gertraud Weisker.

According to Sibylle Knauss book, "Eva's Cousin" she was living at the Berghof from June to December 1944. Yet I have not been able to find record of such a long stay or pictures proving it. Hard to believe that she would have gone unobserved for 6 months.

I did find a statement made from one of the maids, Anna Plaim or Resi Stangassinger, or some other staff member saying that they did not recalled at all the precence of a cousin of Eva at the Berghof.
Unfortunately I have misplaced the copy of the article and would be glad if anyone has one. Thank you

cheers
mauvered

Helge

Post by Helge » 21 Oct 2012, 06:27

I loved her hot

By Hage, Volker and Kloft, Michael

Interview with Gertraud Weisker about her cousin, Eva Braun and their life together on the Obersalzberg 1944

SPIEGEL: Ms. Weisker why you have never been told that you are the cousin of Hitler's lover Eva Braun?

Weisker: When I met my husband, I told him the same. "I am the cousin of Eva Braun Here you go, you go when it's not all right!" He replied: "No, I do not go But you can not talk about it with anyone.".

SPIEGEL: What kind of relationship you had with Eva Braun?

Weisker: I have very much loved. She was twelve years older than me.

SPIEGEL: What fascinates you?

Weisker: She was attractive, athletic and all that I wanted to be. I do not think Hitler has had any influence on it.

SPIEGEL: Back in the summer of 1944, when your cousin invited you on the Obersalzberg, you were early 20 How did it happen?

Weisker: She called shortly after the wedding of her sister Gretl, that she was so alone.

SPIEGEL: Do you stay for several months. How they lived there?

Weisker: Life with Eva was easy. We took the bus stop and swim. Hitler was not there. We have hardly talked about serious things.

SPIEGEL: Eva Braun turned even narrow films, where her sister Gretl is shown to the skinny dipping.

Weisker: I was surprised that Eva was filming this. For me it was very, very strange.

SPIEGEL: Did you hear on the Obersalzberg actually "enemy stations"?

Weisker: Eva knew. I wrote down the message and keyword as the next breakfast said: ".. You, I again heard what now it gets serious, they are already in Germany" I just wanted that she opens her eyes.

SPIEGEL: Unlike in the novel, you were no longer there in 1945?

Weisker: Eve and the last time I have been shortly before Christmas 1944 in Munich together. Since my Eva showed her jewelry: "The belongs to you, I no longer need him." She wanted to die with Hitler. That she married him for another day before was, for me, completely incomprehensible.

SPIEGEL: What is the picture you have of the relationship of Eva Braun at Hitler?

Weisker: She had separated from the family. The whole family was basically against them. She denies her religion. And she had, I think, two ways to die with him or lived with him.

SPIEGEL: Was she unhappy?

Weisker: heartbroken, otherwise they would have not even made two suicide attempts. She was in a relationship that could easily be justified only by marriage, and the common death.

SPIEGEL: Have you ever discussed this relationship with her?

Weisker: Never. Eva has fallen to 17 years in this macabre role - that you have to think times. I can give no reason why they did not recognize this screaming man who always gesticulating and kill people, but himself spared. That this man has touched my cousin is, for me the worst. INTERVIEW: VOLKER HAGE,

Michael Kloft

http://www.spiegel.de/spiegel/print/d-17069155.html
Attachments
E0032_SCSP200003201230123.jpg
E0032_SCSP200003201230123.jpg (53.44 KiB) Viewed 10409 times
Last edited by Helge on 21 Oct 2012, 07:24, edited 1 time in total.
Sota ei päätä kuka on oikeassa, vain sen että kuka on jäljellä.
War does not decide who is right but only those who are left.

Helge

Post by Helge » 21 Oct 2012, 07:23

The niece of Eva Braun

If Gertraud Weisker (77) through the maze of corridors under Adolf Hitler's former bunker country runs the Berghof, she is clearly just upset. She has 56 years although about six months in that famous Berghof stayed, but then she's never been in the shelters - they did not even know they were there. Somewhat confused shuffles them through the damp corridors, where she crosses paths of tourists in shorts inserted. "Unbelievable," she murmurs occasionally, 'I never knew you. "

Gertraud Weisker (then still with her maiden Gertraud Winkler) was then in the Berghof guest to the lady of the house mates. That was quite lonely, because her lover in the second half of 1944 in Berlin permanently wrong, to make war. Gertraud Weisker was actually the niece of Eva Braun.

In June it was Eve's loneliness more or less unbearable, because her sister Gretl had departed; Gretl Braun was early that month were married with SS Brigadeführer Hermann Fegelein. The wedding at the top of the Obersalzberg located Kehlsteinhaus, also known as Hitler's Eagle's Nest was a wonderful festival too, but Eva Braun got there by her best friend lost. Her mother advised them to "that Traudl" staying to ask, Gertraud Winkler, the only niece that this position was eligible. She was just 20, she studied physics in her hometown Jena where her father worked at the Zeiss factories.

Father was dead set against that Gertraud to the Obersalzberg would relocate: he took it too far, he thought it was too dangerous for the purpose of Allied bombing and furthermore was not Hitler's father Winkler friend. His niece by marriage in sin lived with Germany's Führer took father Winkler bad enough - that his daughter will also now go he drew was terrible. But all in vain: Traudl opted for adventure, stopped her textbooks in her suitcase, promised that she would study hard and got on the train to Munich.

More than fifty years silent

At the station of Munich was not by her twelve years older niece Eva met, but by two SS men who her by car to Berchtesgaden reason. On the beautifully situated Obersalzberg she was taken to her room at the Berghof brought, which came out in the main hall, near the wide staircase to the first floor. And Eva greeted her, glad that greeted her, glad that she had someone to take her days to wear off.
Gertraud would half a year on the Obersalzberg remain without Hitler also only once to meet. Besides, she also continued with nothing special. Two cousins ​​lived a life of luxury, guarded by SS men, nothing more. Yet Gertraud never talked about it a long time even with her own children. That was because shortly after the war, an almost-fiancee relationship broke when he heard of her relationship with the love of Hitler. The next man she met after she reported two encounters that she was the niece of Eva Braun, so he could draw direct conclusions. This time the answer was: "That's no problem for me, if you only talk about with anyone, ever." There has Gertraud themselves to account. After the death of her husband, she looked for an opportunity to vent her heart and that she found at a German novelist, Sibylle Knauss. Then two years ago in an interview with Der Spiegel something about the riddle-Eva Braun said, Gertraud phoned her with the news that they might "do something for her." Then, the two dozen conversations, and Knauss on the story of Gertraud Weisker a novel based, "Evas Cousine". The story, as Knauss calls it, of two girls who wallow in luxury while the world goes down, which is "bored in the eye of the hurricane."

Back on the Obersalzberg

And now back Gertraud on the Obersalzberg. We look to where the Berghof should have stood. That's not so easy to find, because the Allies have the house late April 1945 and subsequently bombarded with explosives wiped from the earth. After years of struggle, there comes the question whether on or around that place no memorial center should come, where visitors are informed about the horrors of the Nazi regime. This center is there now for almost a year, but not on the foundations of the Berghof, a kilometer away from it. Gertraud Weisker know the way yet. Slightly below Gasthof Zum Turks, where now an access to the bunker complex, is a cart track, parallel to the road that goes up the mountain. There must have been, if you look closely looks here and there fragments of the concrete walls. "It's so weird," says Gertraud, "this place has changed so much, it seems no longer. It's the trees, they instantly grow trees on the spot where the house stood, and where the steep stairs to the house claimed. It was a stumbling steps, you had very steep climb up to the householder to come. "

What things have been like, we all know quite precisely thanks to Eva Braun. She had a beautiful film, according Gertraud the Zeiss, and was never without at that time rather rare color films. Eve had spent years in the case of Hitler's court photographer photo Hoffmann worked and was very decent run movies. Dozens were after the war booty, they are in the National Archives in Washington and witness of life at the Berghof, the revenue on the terrace of doing nothing of Eva and her friends.
"Only later, when seeing those films, I have learned that you constantly Eve in and around the water looks, "says Gertraud Weisker, looking back. "She was very athletic and loved her body to be busy. Swimming, gymnastics, skiing, she could also nice art skating. One of those movies on the waterfront, at the edge of the Königssee shows her during calisthenics, she makes a bridge, and a few handstands. That movie I then made. "
- Why all the geturn?
Gertraud: "Her body, her appearance dominated her life. It must be something with her ​​self-awareness to do. If they spend all day on her body worked, it was more or less her life fulfillment. So she dressed the whole day. Six, seven times a day sometimes. And for whom? We had one of those we should be. Still, they change. All new clothes she wore two, at most three times, then she gave them away, to her sister Gretl, and also to me. "

Adolf and Eva

In the half year Gertraud lived there was an exuberant social life at the Berghof no. It was seldom party time on the Obersalzberg. The families Goebbels, Bormann, Göring and Speer, all of a villa on the mountain had to be as close as possible to their Fuhrer to, never showed. Albert Speer has only seen them once, who was very interested in the physics method Gertraud in Jena was presented, but was it remained at which the contacts with the nazitop concerns. And Hitler himself? "He called about once every two days, and that led to Eve for great concern. If he still had not called, she became increasingly nervous and panicked. Then he rang at last, and then all was well again. I had no idea that those conversations were about something, but Eve was reassured. Often she would say: Come, let's go to Munich. "
Since Eve had a nice detached villa, hair donated by Adolf, and there were the cousins ​​unobserved by the city guards. She bought clothes, drank and visited some friends. Eve was never recognized on the street - no one knew her, she was a state secret. At the Berghof although she had the status of mistress to employees, but once there were official guests had to withdraw. Sometimes she took her film camera along and filmed them through the curtains the arrival of a foreign celebrity on the Berghof - secret recordings of a secret lover. However, she must have really suffered. Gertraud: "Yes, that speaks for itself. She has accepted that role, she had to, she had no choice. But she had obviously seen to be different. "

Incidentally claims that her cousin Gertraud hardly Hitler talked. "I think afterwards that it's because they wanted to bring me in embarrassment. She knew my father objected to my presence at the Berghof and especially against Hitler. She has as little as possible about Hitler spoke to me to save. And perhaps for fear that I would go away, and then they would sit alone again.

Secretly listen to the BBC

To the Eagle's Nest, the cousins ​​in that half year in 1944 never been. Hitler himself was indeed not like. He had the house on his 50th birthday - Martin Bormann had built and also the 6.5-kilometer mountain road there it built. It cost twenty workers mountain life, but the Führer had a gift for. He found the air too thin, and he did not feel at ease on the rise over the last 124 meters to the summit took off. Hitler would rather walk to the teahouse to Moslahner Kopf, east of the Berghof be reached via a small path. The cousins ​​went there like to go - they were not guarded by the SS. After a few afternoons in the teahouse was Gertraud arising in that teahouse was a radio. She then spoke to Eve off that they teahouse that henceforth every day for her next exam would study. She drew more or less stuck in, and began from that moment the news of the BBC to listen.
- What did Eve that?
Gertraud: "She found great, because I told her the next day at breakfast the latest news . D-Day had been and it was obvious that it went wrong. I found them under the influence of bad news from the front clearly changed. She was less enthusiastic, and sank into meditation regularly. Frankly, I was then already inwardly convinced that she saw no way out and that she end her life would make. You should know, she had years ago two suicide attempts. Those were indeed call for help, I think, intentional failures. After that Hitler also paid more attention to her, so in that sense it when it helped. But her reactions to the bad war news was clear to see that it would go wrong. "

Eve prepares for the end

Eva's intentions became even clearer when they were in the first half of December to Gertraud wanted to give a gold bracelet, and some matching jewelry. She was trying to give away her belongings. She had in October even written a will, which Gertraud Winkler fact stated. "I told her, that's nonsense.

You've got no will need, we will survive perfectly well that bombing. But it was clear that she had made her decision: she would commit suicide along with Hitler, then of course I could not guess. Of course I also later heard on the radio. "
Around Christmas of 1944 ended Gertrauds sleepover. Head first into she left home in Jena because her father had become seriously ill. Eva Braun did not stay behind alone, because she decided to leave Berlin and since the demise of the millennium at the side of her beloved to do.

- Was Eva Braun unhappy?
Gertraud: "Death Unluckily, I'm convinced. She had a talent for accident. She is a young girl in love with this man came, and then she got into a vortex from which no escape was possible. "
- Do you think your niece of Adolf Hitler held?
Gertraud: "Since you ask me too. That's not for me to answer. What I can give my rationalization afterwards, I've obviously thought about it for years. I have come to the conclusion that there is a father-daughter relationship there must have been. "
- Was your cousin at the time you was with her ​​desperate?
Gertraud: "I do not know if they have any hope about. Perhaps the hope that he would eventually marry her and that together they would choose death. That would give her hope might have been. "
- And you, how you look back on that episode?
"I am relieved that I can walk around freely here, and can look back at that special time in my life. But this man has been intimate with my niece, that remains an unbearable thought. "

Text and reportage: Ad Liempt
Research: Laura van Hasselt

http://www.geschiedenis24.nl/andere-tij ... Braun.html
Attachments
3008893.jpeg
3008893.jpeg (108.78 KiB) Viewed 10403 times
3008907.jpeg
3008907.jpeg (71.35 KiB) Viewed 10403 times
3008917.jpeg
3008917.jpeg (33.37 KiB) Viewed 10403 times
Sota ei päätä kuka on oikeassa, vain sen että kuka on jäljellä.
War does not decide who is right but only those who are left.

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 21 Oct 2012, 14:43

Thankyou Helge, don't know what the Axis forum would do without your large input.

Oscarruben

Post by Oscarruben » 29 Oct 2012, 21:18

How many things we ignore. There is still much to learn.

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 03 Apr 2021, 23:30

Hello all,

Can someone confirm (or no), if this girl is a young Gertrud Weisker?

It's just a suspicion. Thanks!
Attachments
Pipa2.jpg
With Eva
Pipa2.jpg (93.26 KiB) Viewed 5413 times
Pipa.jpg
Alone
Pipa.jpg (91.35 KiB) Viewed 5413 times

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 04 Apr 2021, 02:01

these look like they came from an Album of an collector?

Could you name the source please?

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 04 Apr 2021, 03:06

Annelie wrote:
04 Apr 2021, 02:01
these look like they came from an Album of an collector?

Could you name the source please?
Eva Braun Album

NARA Archives.

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 04 Apr 2021, 16:15

Thank you Helly Angel

Sidlawman

Post by Sidlawman » 17 Apr 2021, 15:27

Helly Angel wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 23:30
Hello all,

That isn’t Gertraud. There are a few pictures of her as a 17 year old at Ilse Braun’s wedding in Breslau in 1941. If she’s still alive she’d be 97. (EB albums. Narra)
Attachments
E29E5995-3A7C-46F1-9DD6-1E78A7860763.jpeg
C8042067-C7E4-4CF8-B296-8CED50016832.jpeg
6666F1CD-F296-41A6-A96D-72FD4C3B19F5.jpeg
ABBF076E-EE74-4F7F-BC7B-EE426B07B178.jpeg
7A36A05D-7692-49EA-9CD4-DE6F6EC4455E.jpeg

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 18 Apr 2021, 23:54

Sidlawman wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 15:27
Helly Angel wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 23:30
Hello all,

That isn’t Gertraud. There are a few pictures of her as a 17 year old at Ilse Braun’s wedding in Breslau in 1941. If she’s still alive she’d be 97. (EB albums. Narra)
Awesome!! Thank you Sidlawman!!! Great info!

CPB

Post by CPB » 21 May 2021, 17:30

Does anyone know if she’s still alive?

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 22 Dec 2023, 22:29

CPB wrote:
21 May 2021, 17:30
Does anyone know if she’s still alive?
I almost sure is the same woman...

Any thoughts?