Sound files shared by 78 rpm record collectors

Discussions on the music in the Third Reich. Hosted by Ivan Ž.
Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Re: Where to find mp3 recordings of 78 rpm records?

Post by Ivan Ž. » 11 Jul 2019, 17:42

I forgot JPF's website, with sound files from his large record collection (not free though, but not expensive either):

http://www.deutschemarschrevue.com/

He also shared music for free on his YouTube channel, which was sadly taken down (on some nonsense claims).

Cheers,
Ivan

reichmusik

Post by reichmusik » 11 Jul 2019, 22:55

Yes it's a shame youtube is banning freedom of speech. I had enjoyed the music compilations of Jean Pierre Faur, Musik Damals, Soldatenlieder, Marschlieder and others. Because of users like them I discovered many marches that became favourites and brought great joy. There is no racism in the musik nor myself, those songs brought a sense of happiness, strength and enjoyment for most were about love, homeland and kameraden. Yet many derogatory modern music and videos of today regarding the opposite sex, sexism, violence, and borderline racism is allowed. The user Musik Damals (think he had a previous handle) only posted the vinyl record and allowed no comments and had many great uploads and IMO foolish banned. All of those I mentioned actually! So if you guys are reading this, thank you for your time and dedication to share your collection with the world, you will be missed!

For now there's still some of the good musik left from those such as Herms Niel, and other relevant German marches. For how much longer...

There used to be a site called WNtube, however I see it no longer exists. I can imagine it will only be a matter of time before a third party musik/video sharing site becomes available so that we may once again enjoy these wonderful pieces of musical history.

For now, it's time for me to pull out my cd collection to enjoy these marches. Was so convenient to listen to them on youtube, and it was a source many could discover new songs and marches, and come here and link songs to query information.

Regards.

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 16 Jul 2019, 04:03

Let's just not confuse freedom of speech with total anarchy and with the mass spreading of political propaganda. I am sorry that many apolitical historical recordings have been also removed along the way, but I'm not the least bit sorry about the disappearance of loads of propaganda and anti-historical material (made-up info, mixing recordings of common love songs with pictures of Nazis and their symbols, and so on), which was often accompanied by various Hitler-praising and hate speech comments (by both far-right and left extremists). There's still quite a lot of it on YouTube. As I wrote before, there is a great deal of difference between listening to political/war music for historical/scientific research purposes in a selected, private environment (offline) and playing it in public (uploading online) - the same as between shooting a gun at a shooting range and in a crowd in public (see this topic). Of course, the same censorship principles should indeed be applied to any other music/video that may negatively affect human judgement and behaviour. (Note: reichmusik, I've removed your product-boycotting remark, it was too much.)

Now let's get back on topic, which is: where to find mp3 recordings of 78 rpm records?

Cheers,
Ivan

witcher

Re:

Post by witcher » 27 Jul 2019, 20:02

My helpful data put up here was deleted. Waste of time.

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Re:

Post by Ivan Ž. » 27 Jul 2019, 20:33

witcher wrote:
27 Jul 2019, 20:02
My helpful data put up here was deleted. Waste of time.
No, your off-topic post was removed. Advertising a fraudster company and writing about actions of a foreign country's police in a pub that a friend of a friend told you about was very much off-topic and anything but helpful. I do agree it was a waste of time and kindly ask you not to do it anymore.

Ivan

DrangNachOsten

Where to find music in good quality?

Post by DrangNachOsten » 17 Apr 2021, 11:18

Not just about the Third Reich, but also other Nations like Italy, Japan etc. Especially military marches or songs of that time. I have some records myself, but otherwise I can only find terrible music which is not from original tapes and recordings, and in very low quality. I can't access the forum for downloading and uploading here, I guess this has been disabled or so? Would be cool to share with others too.

Simon H

Re: Where to find music in good quality?

Post by Simon H » 20 Apr 2021, 15:58

There may be copyright issues regarding uploading music on this forum.
WW2 Battlefield Relics: German Erkennungsmarken Identification.

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Re: Sound files shared by 78 rpm record collectors

Post by Ivan Ž. » 20 Apr 2021, 16:09

Hello and :welcome:

I've merged your post with an older thread dealing with sound files shared by 78 rpm record collectors - which are usually in good quality, being initial copies of original records. Please browse through the previous posts (you can start with post #25).

See also:
CD, LP & MC reviews
Where to buy 78 rpm records?
Where to buy Third Reich music?
And always check the Topic index for more topics of your interest

For non-German music, feel free to ask around in the related forum sections:
Italy under Fascism 1922-1945
Japan at War 1895-1945
Minor Axis Nations
The Allies & the Neutral States

Cheers,
Ivan

DrangNachOsten

Post by DrangNachOsten » 26 Apr 2021, 07:23

Will the dismarc site grant my request or do I have to purchase or tell them something? Most recordings seem to be from the GHT Verein.

And I would argue propaganda has been used by everyone, but in fact the victors will write the history, so some things might be more frowned upon if another country/person/thing had done it. I won't go into details, but there is a lot of hypocrisy in the modern world about what is "good" and what is "bad", often opinions are not formed objectively.

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 26 Apr 2021, 10:36

Dear anonymous member, when someone spends their limited time to reply and try to help you, it's only polite to respond at least with a "thanks", before asking more questions. Otherwise you're just being rude and taking someone else's good will and time for granted. Needless to say, stating that your location is the reader's head is also anything but polite, the same as the motto you chose for your username. Finally, this is not a modern world hypocrisy discussion forum, it's an Axis history research forum. Make sure to stay on-topic and (re-)read the forum rules. Instead of pointing fingers at the world, try working on your own manners.

Ivan

SteveFBS

Post by SteveFBS » 28 Apr 2021, 21:37

Here are a couple that I have, playing on my old wind up Victrola.

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 29 Apr 2021, 10:50

Thanks for sharing, Steve. What is the label of "Heimat, deine Sterne"? (Nice cat :) )

Cheers,
Ivan

Note: an off-topic post by member DrangNachOsten has been removed.

SteveFBS

Post by SteveFBS » 29 Apr 2021, 14:37

Ivan Ž. wrote:
29 Apr 2021, 10:50
Thanks for sharing, Steve. What is the label of "Heimat, deine Sterne"? (Nice cat :) )
"London"

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 29 Apr 2021, 14:56

Ah, I thought I read "London" :) That one is actually a postwar (1948/1949) Decca recording.

And your Radiofunken "Erika" is, of course, the well known 1939 Telefunken (Woitschach's) recording.

Cheers,
Ivan

MarioGuy789

Post by MarioGuy789 » 29 Jun 2021, 05:14

Hello all, this is my first post on this forum period and I just wanted to get my foot in the door. While I'm not a musician myself I do enjoy music and, particularly in the last few years, have taken an interest in studying music as a means of propaganda, especially regarding the Third Reich. To this day I have been looking for recordings of music I've not yet heard from this time period, as sometimes they are incredibly hard to find due to websites not wanting to host such music, or because I don't know where or how to look for something. I've perused this forum quite a few times as a non-member and have found a ton of great information as opposed to seeing actual extremists left and right posting insane Nazi-glorifying content.

The long and short of this is that I'm currently looking for a recording of the Electrola Deutscher Kampf im Lied potpourri shellac, as I have found the Telefunken version a couple times but never this one. I also would like to share what somebody on Dailymotion calls a "rare version" of Deutscher Kampf im Lied, but it does not seem to match up with Ivan's lyrics from this thread: viewtopic.php?t=213262 (I don't speak a lick of German, so I can't tell without actively following along).

I'm not sure what the policy on sharing audio and video files is on this forum so I'll wait until I've received a response on that matter. Thanks for your time, guys!

Return to “Music of the Reich”