New Book on Convoy Battles by Axel Niestlé

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Axel N

New Book on Convoy Battles by Axel Niestlé

Post by Axel N » 11 May 2021, 22:12

Dear Fellows,

I am happy to announce the publication of my latest book on 'Convoy Battles' during WWII. The main topic is the operational history of three exemplary and supposedly well-known battles in the Atlantic (S.C. 7 and S.C. 118) and the Arctic (J.W. 66 / r.A. 66), which has been often told in almost all publications on the 'Battle of the Atlantic' in the past. Surprisingly, all previous works had been either incomplete, superficial or outright wrong on many aspects of the battle. I took this as a starter for my work. In 20 years of research, often interrupted by many other projects, I lifted every stone in the action and rebuilt the course of action in detail, hour by hour, day by day, to put things right. In the last few decades, operational history hasbeen often dismissed as old-school, but decent knowledge about war-time action in battle still forms theback-bone of every analysis. Only primary records from both sides were used to reconstruct the operations. Simple as it looks, this procedure was anything from common in the past, resulting in a good deal of confusion and wrong conclusions. However, this should be a matter of the past in modern operational history. Although no additional ships or U-boats were sunk and none of those killed in action could be revived, especially those who paid the utmost price in these battles with bitter fighting against eachother and the sea as common enemy, deserve that their story is being told correct. Readers will find plenty of new information on losses, tonnage sunk and many other aspects not told before. Standard reference books on ship losses, tonnage sunk by individual U-boat commanders, including many top-scoring officers, must be up-dated. Numerous battle maps in colour, a great many of photographs covering ships, U-boats and officers involved in the action and detailed tables on attacks, counter-attacks and all officers aboard U-boats in the annex are provided to support the text.

The language barrier is often still a problem in our modern world despite all the technical advances on our hand. To make the results from my research available to fellow researchers and enthusiasts on both sides of the Atlantic, [b]the book is fully bilingual in German and English[/b] to the very last word, map, table or annex. I hope that this will help to spread the information to all those, who like to be in the know.

The book can be easily ordered directly from the publisher. World-wide delivery is guaranteed, although it may take sometime a little bit longer due to the effects of the lasting pandemic. Just click on the following link, that will bring you directly to the website of the publisher, where you can order your copy by Email. Do not forget to insert your full mailing adress! The first 100 copies ordered directly from the publisher will be sold with a hand-written dedication by the author to the customer, if requested.

https://verlag-edition-erich-groener.de/

Best

Axel Niestlé

rcocean

Re: New Book on Convoy Battles by Axel Niestlé

Post by rcocean » 12 May 2021, 03:51

The book can be easily ordered directly from the publisher. World-wide delivery is guaranteed, although it may take sometime a little bit longer due to the effects of the lasting pandemic. Just click on the following link, that will bring you directly to the website of the publisher, where you can order your copy by Email. Do not forget to insert your full mailing adress! The first 100 copies ordered directly from the publisher will be sold with a hand-written dedication by the author to the customer, if requested.

https://verlag-edition-erich-groener.de/
Sounds like a superb book! Thanks for giving us a link to order it.

DT-SC

Post by DT-SC » 12 May 2021, 14:16

Is it German or English language edition? If former, any plans for the English edition?

hucks216

Post by hucks216 » 12 May 2021, 16:08

DT-SC wrote:
12 May 2021, 14:16
Is it German or English language edition? If former, any plans for the English edition?
It is a bilingual book in both German & English.

DT-SC

Post by DT-SC » 12 May 2021, 16:17

Thank you for response

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”