Where was Adolf Hitler when this photo was taken?

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
George L Gregory

Where was Adolf Hitler when this photo was taken?

Post by George L Gregory » 19 May 2021, 16:04

http://www.usmbooks.com/hitler_propagan ... lland.html
The introduction challenges people to form their own opinion about Adolf Hitler, "one of the most disputed people in the world. Millions of people hate him and millions of people in his own country admire and love him. Some people consider him the devil, some see him as the savior of his country.”
The photo above and on the right of that quote. Hitler is looking down.

Hans1906
Banned

Re: Where was Adolf Hitler when this photo was taken?

Post by Hans1906 » 19 May 2021, 18:19

George,

USM-Books, is there no better source for more provocations..?

Just google the title of the former book, printed in the Netherlands.
A paperback, easy and cheap to find, at least in northwest Germany, ja.

Hans
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

George L Gregory

Post by George L Gregory » 20 May 2021, 22:31

Hans1906 wrote:
19 May 2021, 18:19
George,

USM-Books, is there no better source for more provocations..?

Just google the title of the former book, printed in the Netherlands.
A paperback, easy and cheap to find, at least in northwest Germany, ja.

Hans
I have seen the photo before, but I can't remember where.

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 21 May 2021, 17:36

George, with all respect,

USM books was and will never be a reliable source for antique or vintage books from the german era of the so-called "Drittes Reich".

To me personally they are sickos, trying to make a quick profit out of every "Nazi" material, they are able to get their dirty hand on.
And the "material", they try to sell is in most times overprized, concentrated to an overseas clientele.

You are probably reffering to the photo in the appendix:

Again, these "Brochures" were printed in large numbers before 1945, on a good german flea market 10,- to 20,- Euro nowadays.
Your question about Hitler in this photo does not open up to me, sorry?

Sorry for my much to long answer.

Hans
Attachments
Unbenannt01.JPG
Unbenannt01.JPG (36.6 KiB) Viewed 5007 times
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

George L Gregory

Post by George L Gregory » 21 May 2021, 19:29

Hi Hans,

Yes, I am referring to the photo of Hitler looking down at the floor.

I want to know more about the photo. I have seen it in a bigger format before and I’ve tried searching for it on Google but to no avail.

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 21 May 2021, 19:59

George,

the Nationalsozialisten, they had no "God" anymore, they used the term "Der Gott..", never "Die Götter".
"Gott Mit Uns" was inscribed on every belt buckle in the Wehrmacht.

My grandfather resigned as a fomer Evangelist, for a career in the regime, typical in those years.
In his former documents, his religious status was changed from "Evangelisch" to the term "Gottgläubig".

Hitler, in very many speeches spoke about "Der Gott", and der "Gott der Vorsehung" was mentioned very often in many speeches.

What to say or write anymore, I was not babtized in 1956, the will of the grandfather.
Do I hate the man for this, no.

Did you ever visit a so-called "Ahnenstätte" here in Germany, for sure not, there are many of these special places, a lot of them.
A "Ahnenstätte" here in North Germany is very close related to former Nazis, also related to very many persons, who did not want
to end in somewhat like "religious" soil.

Hans

ihoyos

Post by ihoyos » 21 May 2021, 20:31

That photo according Alamy stock photos is somewhere in Berchtesgaden. But interesting, Alamy claims ownership, with is not true because that image is printed in the refered book and some pamphlets. And is free for use for any body , dated 1938.

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 21 May 2021, 20:49

Forget about "Alamy", 99,9 % of all these photos are still in "Privatbesitz", not only here in Germany.
And most of the photos will never appear in public, in the internet, for what reason?

Alamy is not even the smallest peak on the iceberg, nothing.

Hans

Max

Post by Max » 22 May 2021, 02:03

Hans1906 wrote:
21 May 2021, 19:59
George,

the Nationalsozialisten, they had no "God" anymore, they used the term "Der Gott..", never "Die Götter".
"Gott Mit Uns" was inscribed on every belt buckle in the Wehrmacht.

My grandfather resigned as a fomer Evangelist, for a career in the regime, typical in those years.
In his former documents, his religious status was changed from "Evangelisch" to the term "Gottgläubig".

Hitler, in very many speeches spoke about "Der Gott", and der "Gott der Vorsehung" was mentioned very often in many speeches.

What to say or write anymore, I was not babtized in 1956, the will of the grandfather.
Do I hate the man for this, no.

Did you ever visit a so-called "Ahnenstätte" here in Germany, for sure not, there are many of these special places, a lot of them.
A "Ahnenstätte" here in North Germany is very close related to former Nazis, also related to very many persons, who did not want
to end in somewhat like "religious" soil.

Hans
Hans
Is the above in resonse to something in particular?
The topic is about where the photo was taken ( or perhaps at what event).
You first object to a source given by George and then, rather than giving a "better " one , use it again yourself.
Can you answer George"s question or not?
Max.
Greetings from the Wide Brown.

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 23 May 2021, 17:49

Hello, George

There was absolutely no need for you to post a provocative quote (that has nothing to do with the image) instead of the photo itself, and then guide members to search for the off-topic quote and the photo in the link. Just post the photo if that's what you're really interested in. Otherwise, it does seem like you're using a photo as an excuse to post provocative quotes or links.

Hello, Hans1906

If you suspect that a member might be misusing the forum board and history in any way, simply report the post by clicking the exclamation mark button in the upper right corner, state your complaint and let a moderator deal with it. Of course, before reacting in any way, always consider the possibility that you may be misunderstanding the poster and overreacting, and perhaps try dealing with something more productive instead.

Cheers & please be more careful in future :)
Ivan

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”