Hansen, Jörn

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
Hustedt

Hansen, Jörn

Post by Hustedt » 15 Jul 2021, 16:10

Good afternoon,

I'm researching Hansen, Jörn (27.2.25) and unfortunately the Bundesarchiv in Berlin only had one document confirming his association with the W-SS.

He was attending the 18. Kriegs-Junkerlehrgang at the SS-Junkerschule Tölz and selected to attend the 19. Oberjunkerlehrgang at the SS-Pz.Gren.Schule from 16.4.-30.6.45. At this time his Ersatztruppenteil was SS-Pz.Gren.Ausb.u.Ers.Btl. 11.
He ended the war in American captivity and passed away some years ago.

I'm looking for document scans that might contain further information about him. I already have some information from his service in Freikorps Danmark but his service after 1943 is less documented. I would especially be interested in Bobruisk (arrived at the Ersatz Kompanie of Freikorps Danmark in early March 1943), Junkerschule Tölz and 1945 related documents.

I would appreciate any points in the right direction.

Thank you.

Waleed Y. Majeed

Re: Hansen, Jörn

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed » 15 Jul 2021, 16:52

Hello Hustedt. Not knowing if you speak the language I would suggest trying this danish site. Very knowledgable members when it comes to danish WW2 subjects. And they do speak english if no knowledge of danish. Good luck in your search.
https://www.atlantvoldenidanmark.dk/

Waleed

Hustedt

Re: Hansen, Jörn

Post by Hustedt » 15 Jul 2021, 20:12

Waleed Y. Majeed wrote:
15 Jul 2021, 16:52
Hello Hustedt. Not knowing if you speak the language I would suggest trying this danish site. Very knowledgable members when it comes to danish WW2 subjects. And they do speak english if no knowledge of danish. Good luck in your search.
https://www.atlantvoldenidanmark.dk/

Waleed
Thank you Waleed, I'll give it a try. I'm a native dane and come from the same area as Jörn (Jørn).

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”