Berghof Obersalzberg

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
PavelH

Re: Berghof Obersalzberg

Post by PavelH » 18 Jul 2021, 23:02

May be discussed in the past already, but I went through my obersalzberg files and wondering about this postcard. Is it EB next to Hitler on the official third reichs postcard?
Attachments
osb.JPG

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 19 Jul 2021, 10:06

@ Terry Duncan,
thanks for your note, I understood this warning, and of course I will apologize.

@ Mike Tal,
I expressly apologize to you for my superfluous and aggressive entry, I am very sorry.
I don't know why the devil got me again, it won't happen again, sorry.

In the future I will keep a low profile on these topics, thanks for letting me reply here.

Hans
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 19 Jul 2021, 11:24

PavelH,

the person sitting on the right side of the table probably Heinrich Hoffmann, (Leica camera on the table...), the person we see from behind probably Martin Bormann, on the left side of the table.
About the third man on the right side of the table with his back to the camera, no idea, the same with both women ?

Hans
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 19 Jul 2021, 11:47

Photo a little bit enlarged and "sharpened", the group was looking on something like a map on the table.

Signature: "Phot. H. Huber, 1077" probaly a former photographer for the Hoffmann company.

Hans
Attachments
berghof group.JPG

Fraulein E.

Post by Fraulein E. » 20 Jul 2021, 00:36

At first I thought the woman sitting next to Hitler was Gretl Braun, the hair and profile really remind me of her, but I have doubts.

If the bigger man on the left is Bormann, then the woman may be Mrs Bormann.

Or, last idea: Sofie Stork.
"Attack and defence, want and war, victory and defeat, lordship and thraldom, all sealed with the seal of blood: this from henceforth is the History of Man." — Richard Wagner

CraigM

Post by CraigM » 20 Jul 2021, 01:46

If this really was a publicly available postcard, and it sure looks like one with that text on it, then I believe no Brauns (EB or either sister) were allowed to be seen in official publications. Weren't they hidden away from all publicity?

Geoff Walden

Post by Geoff Walden » 20 Jul 2021, 15:26

Beside Hitler - ? (In some ways she does resemble EB in early days, which this postcard was, since it refers to Hitler as Reichskanzler, not Führer.)
Next - almost certainly Adjutant Wilhelm Brückner. Next, very likely press chief Otto Dietrich. Next, Heinrich Hoffmann and his wife Erna.
"Ordnung ist das halbe Leben" - I live in the other half.
http://www.thirdreichruins.com

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 20 Jul 2021, 17:13

An interesting note about the photo (and the background being a photomontage) from Hitler's Alpine Retreat by James Wilson (it seems to me that he's right). No identifications of the pictured persons though.

Wilson p113.jpg

Cheers,
Ivan

Br. James

Post by Br. James » 20 Jul 2021, 21:47

The person on the left of the two with their backs to the camera appears to me to be Wilhelm Brückner; the one on the right appears to be Otto Dietrich; and Heinrich Hoffmann is sitting on the right side of the table, facing Hitler.

A fine snapshot of this personal event...but too bad none of those present look like they're enjoying being there!

Br. James

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 21 Jul 2021, 11:06

Geoff is right,

considering the tall and massive stature, it was certainly Wilhelm Brückner on the left side of the photo, with his back to the camera.

Wilhelm Brückner ("Chief adjutant of Adolf Hitler, 1930-1940") https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_Brückner

Martin Bormann was much smaller, only neck and back of head made me think Bormann, sorry.

Hans

Mike Tal

Post by Mike Tal » 22 Jul 2021, 14:37

Hi everyone,

I haven't been here for a while and thus had no chance to read Hans' post that has been taken down. But judging by the reaction of fellow members (and I thank them for that), it was far from flattering. So, all I can do is accept Hans' appology, albeit I do not really know for what. And maybe just to set the record straight, I have a life-long interest in WWII and events leading up to it. I even studied history at the university, concentrating on the first half of the 20th Century. Althouth I never became a historian by profession and work in completely different field, my passion for history remains to this day. And if I started writing here about what my family endured during WWII in the hands of the Third Reich, it would be a helluva long post and would assure you that any sympathies to Nazi ideology must be foreign to me.

Someone also asked about hi-res photos. I naturally have them, but they were too big to post. :)

CraigM

Post by CraigM » 22 Jul 2021, 14:42

Mike Tal wrote:
14 Jul 2021, 09:43
I walked backed through the SS Barracks site and there is some construction work going on there. I wonder what?
Hello Mike. Can you please describe a little more of what you saw at the Kaserne site? Was there actual construction work going on there or just storage of construction material for somewhere else (perhaps the Kempinski staff accommodations)?

Thanks!

Mike Tal

Post by Mike Tal » 22 Jul 2021, 14:46

CraigM wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 14:42
Mike Tal wrote:
14 Jul 2021, 09:43
I walked backed through the SS Barracks site and there is some construction work going on there. I wonder what?
Hello Mike. Can you please describe a little more of what you saw at the Kaserne site? Was there actual construction work going on there or just storage of construction material for somewhere else (perhaps the Kempinski staff accommodations)?

Thanks!
Hi, hard to say. Could be both. I honestly wasn't paying much attention and I even failed to take a photo... But it seemed more like construction activity than storage. I was looking more under my feet as the ground was very muddy, wet and slippery.

Geoff Walden

Post by Geoff Walden » 22 Jul 2021, 17:48

Geoff Walden wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 15:26
Beside Hitler - ? (In some ways she does resemble EB in early days, which this postcard was, since it refers to Hitler as Reichskanzler, not Führer.)
Next - almost certainly Adjutant Wilhelm Brückner. Next, very likely press chief Otto Dietrich. Next, Heinrich Hoffmann and his wife Erna.
The more I thought about it, the more I realized we had discussed this photo before. But I couldn't find that discussion. It's not in this thread, but in Women in the Reich.
viewtopic.php?f=77&t=250347&hilit=hochlenzer

Just a thought ... If that wasn't Eva Braun, sitting next to Hitler, then who was it?
"Ordnung ist das halbe Leben" - I live in the other half.
http://www.thirdreichruins.com

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 23 Jul 2021, 04:46

Hans1906 wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 20:15
Helly,

each as he likes, I see no limits.
It is as always a dichotomy between the own past, and the "today".

I could densely post this forum with historical photos, but that doesn't make sense, since I don't know the background of most of the pictures...
I simply lack the time, and also my own patience, to post even a few photos.

Sitting on a mountain of photos, not being able to publish all that, I don't wish that on you.
One day, in the near or distant future....

Take care

Hans
My dear friend, I wish you were here in Florida, to drink a beer together talking a lot of crazy think and things in a great german restaurant that I found here in Pompano Beach called "Old München" ... I need it! Hehehe but maybe in the next years in Germany we can do it! I appreciate your work here but I appreciate you more my friend! Sorry If I wrote a little stupid. You are a great guy!

Helly

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”