Hitler's Autism and Personality Disorders

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
Nikole McMullen

Re: Hitler's Autism and Personality Disorders

Post by Nikole McMullen » 26 Jul 2021, 21:52

Quite a lot of different information about the Holocaust and Adolf Hitler. I decided to dig a little deeper into the Holocaust and write an essay. One of the sources of information was https://supremestudy.com/adolf-hitler, I am interested in analyzing the positive and negative aspects of the Holocaust. It is also interesting to delve into history and understand what kind of person Adolf Hitler is.

historygeek2021

Post by historygeek2021 » 27 Jul 2021, 17:30

This entire post is just an unhinged rant against autistic people. Autistic people are already one of the most marginalized and ostracized groups in society. They don't need you comparing them to Adolf Hitler.

And autistic people actually have very high levels of empathy. Their empathy is affective: they respond appropriately to other people's emotional states. Brutal dictators are the opposite: they have high cognitive empathy (they know what other people are feeling) but have no affective empathy - they are psychopaths who don't care if they hurt other people. If you want to warn people about a dangerous personality disorder that overwhelmingly infects rulers and leaders in the world, warn people about psychopaths. Autistic people are not the problem with the world.

Volyn

Post by Volyn » 30 Jul 2021, 23:26

historygeek2021 wrote:
27 Jul 2021, 17:30
This entire post is just an unhinged rant against autistic people. Autistic people are already one of the most marginalized and ostracized groups in society. They don't need you comparing them to Adolf Hitler.
Clearly you did not read the links that I posted throughout this thread, I did not make up the behavioral profiles for people on the autism spectrum. He was born with this syndrome, obviously it would have affected his decision making process and heavily influenced how he behaved during his lifetime.

Unfortunately you are correct that they are marginalized, why do you suppose that is? I have written plenty about it already.
historygeek2021 wrote:
Brutal dictators are the opposite: they have high cognitive empathy (they know what other people are feeling) but have no affective empathy - they are psychopaths who don't care if they hurt other people. If you want to warn people about a dangerous personality disorder that overwhelmingly infects rulers and leaders in the world, warn people about psychopaths. Autistic people are not the problem with the world.
A little research and you would see that no psychiatric or psychological organization has sanctioned a diagnosis titled "psychopathy".https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy

If you have an issue with the topic please identify what you think is incorrect, and provide fact based sources.

VanillaNuns

Post by VanillaNuns » 31 Jul 2021, 00:39

wm wrote:
10 Jul 2021, 18:35
Autism implies poor social skills but they say he was a master of social interactions - after all he didn't become the Führer because he was sulking. Masses don't follow sullen leaders.
Like Donald Trump eh? :wink:

Now there's a recent world leader with some serious personality disorders including extreme narcissism. I have absolutely no doubt that Trump is someone who is highly functioning but mentally ill. Every so often it shows and more so since after he became President.

Same applies to current Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro. His ego and refusal to ever admit he's wrong about anything is truly breathtaking. Worse than Trump if that was even possible.

Nigel Farage is another socially inept idiot who successfully traded on a cult of personality for many years until he was eventually found out. More than anyone else, he caused Brexit and the chaos that has resulted since.

My point is, masses will follow anyone who tells them what they want to here, whether it be in 1920 or 2020. Having a crazy personality or being socially inept doesn't seem to come into it. Being a populist nationalist does.

UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown (2007-2010) was another dour, socially inept and incredibly sulky personality who made it into the highest political office in the land. Another example of someone who was mentally unhinged. So much so, he acquired the nickname "The Prime Mentalist"

Are Donald Trump and Gordon Brown possibly both slightly autistic? I would say yes. I speak from personal experience.

But this is contemporary politics so I will leave it there.

Volyn

Post by Volyn » 31 Jul 2021, 19:28

VanillaNuns wrote:
31 Jul 2021, 00:39
Like Donald Trump eh? :wink:

Now there's a recent world leader with some serious personality disorders including extreme narcissism. I have absolutely no doubt that Trump is someone who is highly functioning but mentally ill. Every so often it shows and more so since after he became President.
Yes, he is a high-functioning autistic with severe levels of ADHD and ODD, a pathological liar, and a sadist. Lyndon Johnson, Robert McNamara, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld and Mitch McConnell are some other past and present US leaders on the austim spectrum. The rest of the people you listed also display the behvarioral characteristics for autism and other mental illnesses.

We can also add Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and Elon Musk (he openly admitted that he was autistic in May during an appearance on Saturday Night Live) as examples of contemporary non-governmental leaders with autism.
https://www.appliedbehavioranalysisprog ... -spectrum/

2 links discussing Elon and autism.
https://www.medpagetoday.com/popmedicin ... osis/92658
https://www.webmd.com/brain/autism/news ... -level-asd

Autistics can become very powerful people, especially when it comes to potential dictatorial settings in corporations and governments. They have certain "advantages", one of them is their lack of general empathy which allows them to make decisions that a normal person would not entertain. An above average intelligent person with low empathy can do a lot of damage to a society, and when this is combined with an unquechable thirst for power, the consequences are never good for anyone.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5005963/

Hitler is not alone in the world of autistic politicians and corporate leaders, therefore it is critical for society to better understand the psychological disposition of those who run our governments and nations. If there is a pattern of behavior related to a politician's untreated mental disorders, than it should be a disqualification for office, it would be best for everyone if they were not in power.

J. Duncan

Post by J. Duncan » 01 Aug 2021, 19:48

Don’t see much proof at all in this thread. Conjecture. Most autistic people are below average intelligence , need some kind of aid into their adult lives. They are not “mentally ill “ as to an autism diagnosis although they are more prone (25 %) to mental illness than your average person.
I do autism walks every year and meet all kinds “on the spectrum”. Many are the sweetest , most affectionate people you’d ever meet. Savants among them are extremely rare - hell it’s rare to find genius even amongst those without any disability!
In real life, Forrest Gump would be homeless without some kind of aid.
It’s the same old speculation and regurgitation that Hitler stands apart from humanity because he must be criminally insane , “mad”, or “crazy”.
Back in his time, the psychology people said Hitler was a criminal murderer because he was a homosexual ( homosexuality was considered a form of mental illness). People wouldn’t dare say that now! They said such things back then though - and without any PROOF.

Volyn

Post by Volyn » 02 Aug 2021, 01:27

J. Duncan wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 19:48
Don’t see much proof at all in this thread.
What is your definition of proof?
Are you disputing the scientific establishments of the CDC, Harvard, and other reputable Autistic organizations that I have provided numerous links to?
How exactly would Adolf have been diagnosed with Autism when Hans Asperger was pioneering the field of research in 1944?
J. Duncan wrote:
Most autistic people are below average intelligence , need some kind of aid into their adult lives. They are not “mentally ill “ as to an autism diagnosis although they are more prone (25 %) to mental illness than your average person.
You are thinking of "Classic Autism", I have said repeatedly that Hitler was a High-Functioning Austistic, if you take a moment to read the two links below you will see how they are different. He was born autistic with ADHD, Anxiety, ODD, etc. and the development of his mental illnesses were the direct result of his horrific upbringing and the trauma of WW1.
https://www.medic8.com/mental-health/au ... teraction.
https://www.medic8.com/mental-health/au ... utism.html
J. Duncan wrote:
I do autism walks every year and meet all kinds “on the spectrum”. Many are the sweetest , most affectionate people you’d ever meet. Savants among them are extremely rare - hell it’s rare to find genius even amongst those without any disability!
If you have actual experience with autistics than you would have come across the milder forms of it as well, and yes most of them are harmless people who will not do anything bad to society. The fields of Math and Engineering generally draw people who are on the spectrum because socially akward individuals tend to fit well in those professions; socializing skills are not as important to the work.
J. Duncan wrote:

In real life, Forrest Gump would be homeless without some kind of aid.
Perhaps, but the ficitional character was capable of taking care of himself, even in hostile situations, and he demonstrated a lifetime of control over his faculties; plenty of people on the specturm can fit this profile.
J. Duncan wrote:
It’s the same old speculation and regurgitation that Hitler stands apart from humanity because he must be criminally insane , “mad”, or “crazy”.
The argument that mental illness makes someone incapable of doing what Hitler did is not based on fact, every post so far claiming that he was not ill has also lacked any sources, citations, etc. to show why he is not autistic.

He does not "stand apart from humanity", mental illness is as much apart of humanity as anything else is. Humans have been forced to deal with syndromes and disorders since the beginning of our species. He was an autistic with mental illness, that is how he devolved into the tyrant that he was.
J. Duncan wrote:
Back in his time, the psychology people said Hitler was a criminal murderer because he was a homosexual ( homosexuality was considered a form of mental illness). People wouldn’t dare say that now! They said such things back then though - and without any PROOF.
I agree, that is why I wrote in an earlier post that the "psychologists" from that era, along with their medical information, should not be taken seriously. It was too heavily influenced by poorly informed positions, because there was a serious lack of knowledge about these subjects, and this leads to bias.

matt78

Post by matt78 » 11 Aug 2021, 15:28

Nikole McMullen wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 11:38
I am studying history and writing a paper on the personality of Adolf Hitler. Lots of interesting and useful information in this talk, I will use it to write if you don't mind.
[/quote
Please don't there is no scientific evidence Volyn is convinced but quoting a movie wow its all very thin

matt78

Post by matt78 » 11 Aug 2021, 15:30

historygeek2021 wrote:

And autistic people actually have very high levels of empathy. Their empathy is affective: they respond appropriately to other people's emotional states. Brutal dictators are the opposite: they have high cognitive empathy (they know what other people are feeling) but have no affective empathy - they are psychopaths who don't care if they hurt other people. If you want to warn people about a dangerous personality disorder that overwhelmingly infects rulers and leaders in the world, warn people about psychopaths. Autistic people are not the problem with the world.
100% well written

Volyn

Post by Volyn » 12 Aug 2021, 23:42

matt78 wrote:
11 Aug 2021, 15:28
Please don't there is no scientific evidence Volyn is convinced but quoting a movie wow its all very thin
matt78 post your evidence and show what is wrong instead of complaining, if you cannot it is because I am accurate.

Yours is a typical post failing to cite any facts that would disprove anything I have written. Stop being lazy and read the links that have been provided, do not let your ignorance prevent you from learning.

So far Hans1906, Biber, historygeek2021, J. Duncan and matt78 have all posted critiques that have been lacking any sources or relevance to this thread.

Biber

Post by Biber » 13 Aug 2021, 17:19

Seeing as I've been mentioned by name, I'll offer a few comments.
Volyn wrote:
12 Aug 2021, 23:42
matt78 post your evidence and show what is wrong instead of complaining, if you cannot it is because I am accurate.

Yours is a typical post failing to cite any facts that would disprove anything I have written. Stop being lazy and read the links that have been provided, do not let your ignorance prevent you from learning.

So far Hans1906, Biber, historygeek2021, J. Duncan and matt78 have all posted critiques that have been lacking any sources or relevance to this thread.
That's quite a leap (and an unhinged one at that) to suggest that a failure to address what you've written affirms your accuracy. This is a discussion forum not a forum for fact checking. What you may see as a failure to rebut is actually a disinclination to do so. And why should anyone want to engage with you? You certainly don't come across as one willing to accept criticism, learn and correct your stance if and when shown to be in error. Have you submitted all this to a peer reviewed journal? In my opinion be ready for a bloodbath when you do. My fault with what you’ve presented is with how it was written. You come across as trying to be so infallibly dogmatic. Saying that such and such has been well proven and here’s a link doesn’t cut it in my opinion. Piling links upon links is not how you write a paper. And telling someone to " Stop being lazy and read the links that have been provided, do not let your ignorance prevent you from learning" is just rude! If you want to use data from links as part of your hypothesis you need to present it and show how it works into what you’re doing. But links are one thing. You haven’t been convincing in your interpretation. Frankly, I was done the moment you referenced Forrest Gump. Seriously? Is the published record of research in the field so bereft of legitimate examples that you need to cite a fictional character to support your thesis? Rather than stating facts as facts you pile on adjectives for no other reason (that I can tell) than to sensationalize the claim you are making.

I just skimmed through your first post again for the first time since you initially posted it. I’m sorry but it just comes across as written by an amateur pretending to be a psychologist. The writing style certainly isn’t very mature either. I’m not an expert in the field and can only judge by what I read. I’d be glad to be wrong, very glad. Surely if it were accepted by a peer reviewed journal that would end the subject.

I’ve already written too much. You certainly don’t need my affirmation to begin with as you seem to know it all and are very confident (belligerently so) in your product. So all I can say is good luck to you. Do let us know how it turns out.

Volyn

Post by Volyn » 14 Aug 2021, 00:58

Biber wrote:
13 Aug 2021, 17:19
That's quite a leap (and an unhinged one at that) to suggest that a failure to address what you've written affirms your accuracy. This is a discussion forum not a forum for fact checking.
Really, forum rule #5 states the following:
5. Back up your claims
- We wish the forum to maintain a high standard. While posting on the forum isn't on the same level as writing an academic text, we want to maintain a balanced level of scholarship.
- When you include a quote, cite the source. Include enough information to allow other members to find the source themselves. As a minimum, include the author, title/issue, and page number (for monographs and serials) or a link to the specific article (for websites).
- When you cite a source, the source must be of sufficiently high quality to substantiate the nature of the claim. Do not cite racist or supremacist websites, unsourced secondary articles, opinion pieces and reviews (other than as evidence of the opinion or review itself), or similar sources.
- If another member challenge one of your claims, you must cite a source for your claim.
- If you make a claim that is obviously controversial, you should cite a source immediately.
- Do not post your opinion without supporting it with facts or context.
app.php/rules
I have highlighted and underlined the relevent portions that you ignore, remember this is AHF not a scientific journal and I write to this specific audience, of course the writing styles would be different.
Biber wrote:
What you may see as a failure to rebut is actually a disinclination to do so. And why should anyone want to engage with you? You certainly don't come across as one willing to accept criticism, learn and correct your stance if and when shown to be in error.
Wrong, wm was able to show that Reinhold Hanisch was not a reliable character witness against Hitler, and what he said in court can be discounted. If further information about him comes to light it can be reexamined.
Biber wrote:
Have you submitted all this to a peer reviewed journal? In my opinion be ready for a bloodbath when you do.
See forum rule #5, Do not post your opinion without supporting it with facts or context. Do you have any?
Biber wrote:
You come across as trying to be so infallibly dogmatic. Saying that such and such has been well proven and here’s a link doesn’t cut it in my opinion. Piling links upon links is not how you write a paper.
Have you even attempted to read the information in the links? Are you denying the work done by countless scientists and doctors at the CDC, Harvard, various Autistic organizations from around the world, and other reputable psychiatric groups because you do not agree with it? Those sources would actually help you with regard to this subject, but if you want to remain ignorant about it then why would your opinion matter to this thread? The information that I use is accessable to anyone who will take the time to read and learn it.
Biber wrote:
And telling someone to "Stop being lazy and read the links that have been provided, do not let your ignorance prevent you from learning" is just rude!
All matt78 added was a single sentence of poorly worded grammar, so it should be obvious that he did not take the time to read anything.
Biber wrote:
If you want to use data from links as part of your hypothesis you need to present it and show how it works into what you’re doing. But links are one thing. You haven’t been convincing in your interpretation. Frankly, I was done the moment you referenced Forrest Gump. Seriously? Is the published record of research in the field so bereft of legitimate examples that you need to cite a fictional character to support your thesis? Rather than stating facts as facts you pile on adjectives for no other reason (that I can tell) than to sensationalize the claim you are making.
I have already addressed this complaint of yours in a previous post, there is nothing wrong with using metaphors, symbolism, etc. to help the AHF audience better understand the topic. If you do not like it, so what? You do not speak for the rest of AHF.
Biber wrote:
I just skimmed through your first post again for the first time since you initially posted it. I’m sorry but it just comes across as written by an amateur pretending to be a psychologist. The writing style certainly isn’t very mature either. I’m not an expert in the field and can only judge by what I read.
Again you are sharing your opinion without regard to facts, see rule #5. I already knew that you were not an expert in mental illness, psychology, genetics, neuroscience, behavioral profiling, or anything else related to the thread; take the time to learn about all of those topics and you might find yourself enlightened. You do not need to be a psychologist or geneticist in order to understand these subjects.
Biber wrote:
I’d be glad to be wrong, very glad. Surely if it were accepted by a peer reviewed journal that would end the subject.
Nonsense, you would still argue that the "facts" do not meet your approval, even though nobody is asking.
Biber wrote:
I’ve already written too much. You certainly don’t need my affirmation to begin with as you seem to know it all and are very confident (belligerently so) in your product. So all I can say is good luck to you. Do let us know how it turns out.
If you had a single shred of evidence, citation, source, or any other legitimate information detailing how Hitler was not mentally ill, Autistic, or suffering from Personality Disorders I would have reviewed it.

KDF33

Post by KDF33 » 14 Aug 2021, 05:00

Nikole McMullen wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 21:52
Quite a lot of different information about the Holocaust and Adolf Hitler. I decided to dig a little deeper into the Holocaust and write an essay. One of the sources of information was https://supremestudy.com/adolf-hitler, I am interested in analyzing the positive and negative aspects of the Holocaust. It is also interesting to delve into history and understand what kind of person Adolf Hitler is.
What the hell?

Linkagain

Post by Linkagain » 08 Sep 2021, 19:03

Some remarks please on AH Personailty from several series biographies i read.....
One of his early biographiers {Payne} remarked that AH paintings of building were correct....but had no perspctive of putting persons in them..
Toland Biography did have to remarks of a psycharist did see AH briefly 1918=1919 and that one of AH Beer Hall Putsvh comrades who was a doctor claimed to given AH A personialty test which showed AH to have a Caesar Emperor mentality
There was a remark in a book of the medical records of AH physician Dr Morrell which showed that must times AH needed pick me up energy injections was when he was depressed at losing battles-when his armies did win battles AH didnt need injections
Finaly there are a series of balck/white pictuers by Heinrich Hoffman showing AH practacing various faciel expressions in order to arose his audiencies....in one particlar picture AH face is turned slighly up to the right...with the light shining on it....somehow this one picture shows the impression of the real AH as the race fanatic he always was 1919-1945

LAstry2

Post by LAstry2 » 07 Aug 2022, 07:56

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”