Economic Theory

Discussions on the economic history of the nations taking part in WW2, from the recovery after the depression until the economy at war.
Globalization41

Economic Theory

Post by Globalization41 » 23 Sep 2021, 17:56

Designate to each American citizen an economic rating of 100. Now rate the 95% of the rest of the world's population at 50 per person. … If averaged out, the world's rating per person would be 52.5. … Note: The world population in 1939 equaled about 2.3 billion. … Migration to America (resulting from the failure of privileged Third-World officials since 1776 to facilitate wealth creation for the masses) is often not actually due to alleged systemic U.S. racism. … U.S. labor-participation totals in pre-Depression 1929 were not reached again until 1941. … Evil dictators Hitler, Tojo, and Stalin were racist toward America.

Globalization41.

Peter89

Re: Economic Theory

Post by Peter89 » 24 Sep 2021, 12:56

Globalization41 wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 17:56
Migration to America (resulting from the failure of privileged Third-World officials since 1776 to facilitate wealth creation for the masses) is often not actually due to alleged systemic U.S. racism.
1. by the modern Western terms, everyone was racist in the XVIII.-XIX. century., but even at the time of WW2
2. Third World officials were not interested in local wealth creation, but in economic exploitation.
3. most of the US immigrants before 1939 did not come from the third world.

I do not get what is your point with this theory - and how does the contemporary idea of systemic racism comes here?
"Everything remained theory and hypothesis. On paper, in his plans, in his head, he juggled with Geschwaders and Divisions, while in reality there were really only makeshift squadrons at his disposal."

Globalization41

Economic Theory

Post by Globalization41 » 25 Sep 2021, 01:46

Hi Peter. … 1. Racists from the 18th century through the start of WWII are now mostly passed away and no longer available for punishment. The Japanese of today had nothing to do with WWII for example. In fact, if one were to blame WWII crimes on today's Japanese, the accuser would by definition automatically be classified a racist. … 2. "Third World officials were not interested in local wealth creation, but in economic exploitation." Most likely too, they were unqualified in facilitating wealth creation for the masses anyway. … 3. Not sure where immigrants came from before 1939, but I'm glad they did what they did or I would never have been born. … … The unwritten policy of Jim Crow would qualify as systemic racism. … How long does it take to build a smooth-functioning democracy? Jim Crow faded by the 70s, 200 years, or 1776-1976. The economic requirements of WWII expedited the eventual end of Jim Crow. … Afghanistan began its quest for democracy in 2001. That would project the Afghans to 2201. … Japan, Taiwan, and South Korea succeeded in establishing solid democracies in relatively shorter time. … Economically, the U.S. was able to afford WWII, the Berlin Airlift, the Marshall Plan, the Korean War, the Cold War, the Great Society, sending men to the moon just for the fun of it, and the Vietnam War because it was not yet running massive trade deficits. (Trade deficits are multipliers for budget deficits.)

Globalization41.

Peter89

Post by Peter89 » 25 Sep 2021, 14:54

Globalization41 wrote:
25 Sep 2021, 01:46
Hi Peter. … 1. Racists from the 18th century through the start of WWII are now mostly passed away and no longer available for punishment. The Japanese of today had nothing to do with WWII for example. In fact, if one were to blame WWII crimes on today's Japanese, the accuser would by definition automatically be classified a racist. … 2. "Third World officials were not interested in local wealth creation, but in economic exploitation." Most likely too, they were unqualified in facilitating wealth creation for the masses anyway. … 3. Not sure where immigrants came from before 1939, but I'm glad they did what they did or I would never have been born. … … The unwritten policy of Jim Crow would qualify as systemic racism. … How long does it take to build a smooth-functioning democracy? Jim Crow faded by the 70s, 200 years, or 1776-1976. The economic requirements of WWII expedited the eventual end of Jim Crow. … Afghanistan began its quest for democracy in 2001. That would project the Afghans to 2201. … Japan, Taiwan, and South Korea succeeded in establishing solid democracies in relatively shorter time. … Economically, the U.S. was able to afford WWII, the Berlin Airlift, the Marshall Plan, the Korean War, the Cold War, the Great Society, sending men to the moon just for the fun of it, and the Vietnam War because it was not yet running massive trade deficits. (Trade deficits are multipliers for budget deficits.)

Globalization41.
I don't get your point here.
"Everything remained theory and hypothesis. On paper, in his plans, in his head, he juggled with Geschwaders and Divisions, while in reality there were really only makeshift squadrons at his disposal."

Globalization41

Economic Theory

Post by Globalization41 » 25 Sep 2021, 19:44

Hi Peter. … Reread Post #2. Each of your points were responded to in Post #3. … Sorry for the confusion. Hope that clears it up for you. If not, please let me know if you have any other questions. (The point of the overall topic is economic theory.) … … That reminds me Peter, Do you consider your economic expertise to be in redistribution or are you production oriented?

Globalization41.

Peter89

Post by Peter89 » 26 Sep 2021, 11:43

Globalization41 wrote:
25 Sep 2021, 19:44
Hi Peter. … Reread Post #2. Each of your points were responded to in Post #3. … Sorry for the confusion. Hope that clears it up for you. If not, please let me know if you have any other questions. (The point of the overall topic is economic theory.) … … That reminds me Peter, Do you consider your economic expertise to be in redistribution or are you production oriented?

Globalization41.
I mean, how does this relate to World War 2?

Systemic racism? Irrelevant in the first half of the XX. century
Create wealth for the masses in the third world? Wasn't even considered as a state policy
Migration to America was not a result of a problem caused in the third world; immigrants mostly came from Europe

I just don't understand what do you want to say with this economic theory?

Globalization41

Economic Theory

Post by Globalization41 » 27 Sep 2021, 02:43

Sorry about that Peter. Please assume the purpose of all my posts is only cumulative.

Globalization41.

TheMarcksPlan
Banned

Re: Yankee Economics

Post by TheMarcksPlan » 06 Oct 2021, 10:19

I was a student in New York at this time, cheering enthusiastically against the Yankees. Best baseball I've ever seen, up there in the argument for best of all time.

Still, what the hell is this guy talking about posting this here?
https://twitter.com/themarcksplan
https://www.reddit.com/r/AxisHistoryForum/
https://medium.com/counterfactualww2
"The whole question of whether we win or lose the war depends on the Russians." - FDR, June 1942

Return to “Economy”