Iranian plans if Iran would have won the Iran-Iraq War?

Discussions on other historical eras.
Volyn

Re: Iranian plans if Iran would have won the Iran-Iraq War?

Post by Volyn » 08 Oct 2021, 02:03

What affect did the bombing of Tehran or Baghdad have on the war?

How is the Iran-Iraq War viewed by Iranians today? I would ask the same about the Iraqis but I doubt it holds as much meaning for them since they have fought at least 3 more wars since then.

Nemmexe

Post by Nemmexe » 09 Oct 2021, 19:28

Volyn wrote:
08 Oct 2021, 02:03
1- What affect did the bombing of Tehran or Baghdad have on the war?

2- How is the Iran-Iraq War viewed by Iranians today?

3- I would ask the same about the Iraqis but I doubt it holds as much meaning for them since they have fought at least 3 more wars since then.
1- A great Psychological / Economical affects, 100 percent sure. They were several bombing sorties over two nation's capital cities by the opposite AF.

2- Depends who you ask? A fanatic of regime? Or a free Iranian?

As a Free Iranian, It was a completely unnecessary war, started because first of all, big powers needed new ground to test their killing machines, and second, Pan-Islamists wanted to rule the entire Islamic world.

3- they would answer same, more likely.

Nemmexe

Post by Nemmexe » 09 Oct 2021, 19:33

Where will be those who talk about war, when war broke out??? In their rat holes!

Volyn

Post by Volyn » 10 Oct 2021, 20:08

Nemmexe wrote:
09 Oct 2021, 19:28
1- A great Psychological / Economical affects, 100 percent sure. They were several bombing sorties over two nation's capital cities by the opposite AF.
Do you know what the most targeted sites were for either city? For example when the US bombed Baghdad in the first Gulf War they attempted to wipe out all of the communication centers (among the highest priorities) and other related infrastructure in the city.
Nemmexe wrote:
09 Oct 2021, 19:28
2- Depends who you ask? A fanatic of regime? Or a free Iranian?

As a Free Iranian, It was a completely unnecessary war, started because first of all, big powers needed new ground to test their killing machines, and second, Pan-Islamists wanted to rule the entire Islamic world.
Would it be accurate to say that Iran came out of the war stronger and more stable? I recalling reading something once about how Saddam had hoped the Khomeini regime would collapse as a result of internal strifes due to his invasion (Kurdish uprisings, etc.), but in the end it was the Kurds in Iraq who rebelled against Saddam.

Nemmexe

Post by Nemmexe » 10 Oct 2021, 21:52

Volyn wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 20:08
1- Do you know what the most targeted sites were for either city?

2- Would it be accurate to say that Iran came out of the war stronger and more stable?

3- I recalling reading something once about how Saddam had hoped the Khomeini regime would collapse as a result of internal strifes due to his invasion (Kurdish uprisings, etc.), but in the end it was the Kurds in Iraq who rebelled against Saddam.
1- The most important target, was not Baqdad itself, or any other major city, but it was to stop, or at least, do a significant damage to its economy, Oil production, from beginning to the end, any facility along the way, was most important target for IRIAF.

Most important Military target, was Baqdad's Airfield and nearby Air Bases.

There were too many recce flights over the city of Baqdad, some of those photos are quite interesting.

For Tehran, it was more about psychological and propaganda effects, something like: if you hit, you'll be hit. And / or I can do same.

2- Iran had lost over 200 Aircrafts and almost same amount of Helicopters, With no replacement at all, even if we were not under global sanctions, the regime, would not buy any new equipment, because their goal was not, and even today, is not to defend the country, Technically they do not believe in "Country", all they care for, is Islam.

What is your answer to your question now??? Yes? Or a big No?

3- The Kurds in Iran-Iraq war were like Polish troops in WW2! I do not know how many Polish members do we have, but certainly they know what I mean.

Return to “Other eras”