Estonians, Finns and Hungarians in Nazi propaganda

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
George L Gregory

Re: Estonians, Finns and Hungarians in Nazi propaganda

Post by George L Gregory » 25 Oct 2021, 08:13

Topspeed wrote:
25 Oct 2021, 06:53
Quote is not a link.

Get a grip.
Crying like a bitch about an author’s political views (I haven’t bothered to check your claim) isn’t an argument. If you have any issues with what he wrote then contact him and ask for further references.

Cheerio.

Topspeed

Post by Topspeed » 25 Oct 2021, 13:14

George L Gregory wrote:
25 Oct 2021, 08:13
Topspeed wrote:
Quote is not a link.

Get a grip.
Crying like a bitch about an author’s political views (I haven’t bothered to check your claim) isn’t an argument. If you have any issues with what he wrote then contact him and ask for further references.

Cheerio.

I happen to know what comes from that institute...it starts with and s....and end with a t.

George L Gregory

Post by George L Gregory » 25 Oct 2021, 16:09

Topspeed wrote:
25 Oct 2021, 13:14
George L Gregory wrote:
Topspeed wrote:
Quote is not a link.

Get a grip.

Cheerio.

I happen to know what comes from that institute...it starts with and s....and end with a t.
I’m sure you would do well in a public debate. 8O

The moment you resort to personal attacks you lose the argument.

I shan’t waste my time anymore on you.

Topspeed

Post by Topspeed » 28 Oct 2021, 15:35

George L Gregory wrote:
25 Oct 2021, 16:09
Topspeed wrote:
George L Gregory wrote:
Topspeed wrote:
Quote is not a link.

Get a grip.

Cheerio.

I just wanted to get one link from and you start ad hominems at me...weird.

George L Gregory

Post by George L Gregory » 28 Oct 2021, 16:40

Topspeed wrote:
28 Oct 2021, 15:35
George L Gregory wrote:
Topspeed wrote:
George L Gregory wrote:
Topspeed wrote:
Quote is not a link.

Get a grip.

Cheerio.

I just wanted to get one link from and you start ad hominems at me...weird.
You responded to my quote by claiming that I’m an anime character pretending to live in Britain.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=9367

You are trolling this thread and you have contributed nothing worthy to read. I don’t need a notification informing me that you have posted something and tben to read utter crap. Stop or I’ll report you.

antwony

Post by antwony » 28 Oct 2021, 17:23

George L Gregory wrote:

Literally two comments before, and your most recent post before this, you said Topspeed was crying like a bitch. He never said anything personal about you.
Topspeed wrote:
??? Åbo Akatemia is many things, but a school who trains Communists who produce s..t. Do you you seriously believe that?

You two deserve each other.
George L Gregory wrote:
15 Oct 2021, 15:28
A bizarre situation appeared in relation to the recruitment of the battalion. Since, according to Nazi racial theories, the Finnish people were not pure Aryans, Berlin preferred candidates from a Swedish-speaking background. The Finnish recruitment offers seem to have paid little attention to this, since the number of Finno-Swedes among the recruits was only marginally higher than the national average.
Claes Johansen, Hitler's Nordic Ally?: Finland and the Total War 1939 - 1945, page 157.

David Stahel in his book Joining Hitler's Crusade on page 33 states pretty much the same thing.

I remember reading about how Finnish anthropologists tried to argue that Finns, Estonians and Hungarians were Europeans and not Mongolians.
This was were this, somewhat interesting, topic went off that rails. Stahel write goods histories, but he knows nothing of Finland. Johansen's a troll who got a book published.

Would be interested to see if you can dig up that quote "Mr. Gregory". Any anthropologists who claims Finns, Estonians and Hungarians aren't European but Mongolian is going to get their degree rescinded. Absolute bonkers

https://www.anime-planet.com/characters ... -l-gregory

George L Gregory

Post by George L Gregory » 28 Oct 2021, 19:16

I’m not sure if I find it funny or peculiar that someone searched my username on Google and is now convinced that I created that anime character.

I have news for you, I did not.

Topspeed

Post by Topspeed » 29 Oct 2021, 08:29

antwony wrote:
28 Oct 2021, 17:23
George L Gregory wrote:

Literally two comments before, and your most recent post before this, you said Topspeed was crying like a bitch. He never said anything personal about you.
Topspeed wrote:
??? Åbo Akatemia is many things, but a school who trains Communists who produce s..t. Do you you seriously believe that?

George L Gregory wrote:
A bizarre situation appeared in relation to the recruitment of the battalion. Since, according to Nazi racial theories, the Finnish people were not pure Aryans, Berlin preferred candidates from a Swedish-speaking background. The Finnish recruitment offers seem to have paid little attention to this, since the number of Finno-Swedes among the recruits was only marginally higher than the national average.
Claes Johansen, Hitler's Nordic Ally?: Finland and the Total War 1939 - 1945, page 157.

David Stahel in his book Joining Hitler's Crusade on page 33 states pretty much the same thing.

I remember reading about how Finnish anthropologists tried to argue that Finns, Estonians and Hungarians were Europeans and not Mongolians.
This was were this, somewhat interesting, topic went off that rails. Stahel write goods histories, but he knows nothing of Finland. Johansen's a troll who got a book published.

Would be interested to see if you can dig up that quote "Mr. Gregory". Any anthropologists who claims Finns, Estonians and Hungarians aren't European but Mongolian is going to get their degree rescinded. Absolute bonkers

He is Tampere educated...Tampere is red like China..or even more.

I may have miss read the following as:

I remember reading about how Finnish anthropologists tried to argue that Finns, Estonians and Hungarians were [Europeans and not] Mongolians.

Sorry for the risen temperature.

antwony

Post by antwony » 29 Oct 2021, 08:50

George L Gregory wrote:
28 Oct 2021, 19:16
I’m not sure if I find it funny or peculiar that someone searched my username on Google and is now convinced that I created that anime character.

Was quite impressed with Topspeed googling your name. No one's claimed you created an anime character who, rather co-incidently, has exactly the same user name as you. You really should work on your reading skills.
Topspeed wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 08:29
antwony wrote:
George L Gregory wrote:

Topspeed wrote:

George L Gregory wrote:

Professor Kivimäki was born in Helsinki, raised in Lappeenranta, started Uni in Joensuu and graduated from Åbo Akatemia. He does currently work in Tampere. As someone who lives in Tampere/ "Red China" I do know some people who'd quite like your description of town. They, like yourself probably, can remember the 70's, or whenever, when that description may have been some what correct.

Isn't actually that important a topic: "What did the Nazi's actually believe?". But, it is a bit of a shame you two have wrecked the thread.
Topspeed wrote:
To be honest, I don't believe anything either of you two write. You have 0% credibility and your opinions are ridiculous.

So, am quite dubious you actually read that. For an anthropologist to say that is like an astronomer saying the sun is hot.
Topspeed wrote:
Sorry for the risen temperature.]
Sure me too, don't worry about it.

Topspeed

Post by Topspeed » 30 Oct 2021, 08:23

antwony wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 08:50
George L Gregory wrote:
28 Oct 2021, 19:16

Was quite impressed with Topspeed googling your name. No one's claimed you created an anime character who, rather co-incidently, has exactly the same user name as you. You really should work on your reading skills.
Topspeed wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 08:29
antwony wrote:
George L Gregory wrote:

Topspeed wrote:

George L Gregory wrote:

Professor Kivimäki was born in Helsinki, raised in Lappeenranta, started Uni in Joensuu and graduated from Åbo Akatemia. He does currently work in Tampere. As someone who lives in Tampere/ "Red China" I do know some people who'd quite like your description of town. They, like yourself probably, can remember the 70's, or whenever, when that description may have been some what correct.

Isn't actually that important a topic: "What did the Nazi's actually believe?". But, it is a bit of a shame you two have wrecked the thread.
Topspeed wrote:
To be honest, I don't believe anything either of you two write. You have 0% credibility and your opinions are ridiculous.

So, am quite dubious you actually read that. For an anthropologist to say that is like an astronomer saying the sun is hot.
Topspeed wrote:
Sorry for the risen temperature.]
Sure me too, don't worry about it.
Yes I beg your pardon....still no proof that Kivimäki's story about finnish hygiene attitude towards inferior germans as his Tampere study "reveals".

Back to topic as you suggest.

I heard in Germany that finnish composer Sibelius music was played playback in Germany in 1941-1942. It is almost as mesmerizing as the Wagners Valkyrie was.

Here is Sibelius ( Finlandia ): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5zg_af9b8c

Wagner ( Ride of the Valkyries ): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGU1P6lBW6Q

I bet this music was powerfull back then.

George L Gregory

Post by George L Gregory » 19 Mar 2022, 20:04

antwony wrote:

He’s a troll because he has published things that you don’t like, yes? You and Topspeed are two peas in a pod.

All Europeans are descended from Asians. Didn’t you know that? Perhaps you should study the history of Europe and historical migrations.

And no, the anthropologists argued that the Europeans who spoke languages that were not Indo-European languages were still Aryans.

Topspeed

Post by Topspeed » 19 Mar 2022, 21:50

George L Gregory wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 20:04
antwony wrote:

He’s a troll because he has published things that you don’t like, yes? You and Topspeed are two peas in a pod.

All Europeans are descended from Asians. Didn’t you know that? Perhaps you should study the history of Europe and historical migrations.

And no, the anthropologists argued that the Europeans who spoke languages that were not Indo-European languages were still Aryans.
Why are you here as you have no knowledge of what you write about ?

The Golden Horde never reached Finland.
800px-Kingdom_of_Galicia_Volhynia_Rus'_Ukraine_1245_1349.jpg

George L Gregory

Post by George L Gregory » 20 Mar 2022, 18:24

Topspeed wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 21:50
Why are you here as you have no knowledge of what you write about ?

The Golden Horde never reached Finland.

800px-Kingdom_of_Galicia_Volhynia_Rus'_Ukraine_1245_1349.jpg
LOL.

I’m not sure whether you’re deliberately taking things out of context on purpose, but it’s getting quite silly now.

Africans are the oldest humans, then Asians and then Europeans. Go and read about historical migrations in history and then you may understand what I mean.

Since when was the Golden Horde the only invasion of Mongols in Europe?

Why have you singled out that part of the Mongol Empire?

Topspeed

Post by Topspeed » 20 Mar 2022, 23:42

Mongol empire was never even near Finland.
main-qimg-cb250ff01e2201521943675241fa6a17-c.jpg
main-qimg-cb250ff01e2201521943675241fa6a17-c.jpg (94.15 KiB) Viewed 961 times
main-qimg-47073fcbcbbb28a06c8b78fc456dc815.png
main-qimg-47073fcbcbbb28a06c8b78fc456dc815.png (221.58 KiB) Viewed 961 times

But it is an interesting thought...what if Mongols had been able to reach Finland ?

Kinda like what if Russians had been able to conquer Finland in WW 2.

George L Gregory

Post by George L Gregory » 21 Mar 2022, 00:00

No one posted that the Mongol Empire included Finland.

Again, why do you keep making things up and posting strawman arguments?

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”