JCS and planning documents

Discussions on all aspects of the United States of America during the Inter-War era and Second World War. Hosted by Carl Schwamberger.
History Learner

JCS and planning documents

Post by History Learner » 22 Nov 2021, 11:19

Hello to all, I'm attempting to find the following documents as part of personal research into American strategic planning in World War II:

J.P.S 85, "Strategic Policy of the United Nations and the United States on the Collapse of Russia’’

The report dates from August 7–8, 1942.
Colonel Nevins is its author.
Alternate report numbers are J.P.S 43 or J.C.S 85, same title.
It should be located in the National Archives, Record Group 218, CCS381 (3-5-42)

Related to the first, I'm also searching for the minutes/notes of the 29th JPS meeting on August 19, 1942. Finally, I'm also looking for the following:

"Conditions under Which an Armistice Might Be Negotiated between the United Nations and the European Powers"

The report dates from June 11, 1942
Major General George Strong is its author.
Alternate report title/indexing number is S. Document 22, from the Department of State archives.
It should be located in the Notter Papers, box 76, RG 59, NA.

Ideally I am trying to find them either in digital format, online, or somehow get copies made if someone were to have existing copies themselves? Thanks for any and all help!

OpanaPointer
Financial supporter

Re: JCS and planning documents

Post by OpanaPointer » 22 Nov 2021, 13:31

Have you contacted the Center of Military History (sic), the Army's historical organ? https://history.army.mil/

Another place to query would be the National Archives at College Park, Maryland.

And there's CARL, https://usacac.army.mil/organizations/cace/carl
Come visit our sites:
hyperwarHyperwar
World War II Resources

Bellum se ipsum alet, mostly Doritos.

Tom from Cornwall

Post by Tom from Cornwall » 22 Nov 2021, 14:16

History Learner wrote:
22 Nov 2021, 11:19
Hello to all, I'm attempting to find the following documents as part of personal research into American strategic planning in World War II:
I’ve got quite a bit of British War Cabinet and Chiefs of Staffs documents for this time period. I’ll have a look to see whether there is anything to suggest that these papers were shared with the British or that the British were producing similar papers at that time with a view to reaching an agreed US-UK position.

Regards

Tom

OpanaPointer
Financial supporter

Post by OpanaPointer » 22 Nov 2021, 14:40

The US Army Green Books are a fount of information. They include extensive refences. Download free at https://history.army.mil/html/bookshelv ... saww2.html
Come visit our sites:
hyperwarHyperwar
World War II Resources

Bellum se ipsum alet, mostly Doritos.

History Learner

Post by History Learner » 23 Nov 2021, 09:27

OpanaPointer wrote:
22 Nov 2021, 14:40
The US Army Green Books are a fount of information. They include extensive refences. Download free at https://history.army.mil/html/bookshelv ... saww2.html
Strategic Planning for Coalition Warfare: 1941-1942 certainly contains several references to the documents I'm looking for, but unfortunately does not have the originals included for review.
Tom from Cornwall wrote:
22 Nov 2021, 14:16
History Learner wrote:
22 Nov 2021, 11:19
I’ve got quite a bit of British War Cabinet and Chiefs of Staffs documents for this time period. I’ll have a look to see whether there is anything to suggest that these papers were shared with the British or that the British were producing similar papers at that time with a view to reaching an agreed US-UK position.

Regards

Tom
Thank you so much!!!!!

Return to “USA 1919-1945”