Berghof Obersalzberg

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
Duane Becker

Re: Berghof Obersalzberg

Post by Duane Becker » 21 Nov 2021, 03:37

Great thanks!!!

headwest

Post by headwest » 21 Nov 2021, 15:25

Hi Everyone

Being from the US with graves being different, I am a little confused by those in Germany. When you say you buy a 30 year lease and then the plot can be reused, does this mean the original person is removed? Or is the new person just buried on top? And if thats the case I assume a plot isn’t good after a certain amount of time since they only have so much room in the ground? Sorry if this sounds dumb but I am genuinely curious

And are they then marked as full and not used again?

And last lol, are markers kept to at least say who all is buried there?

Thanks much! Here in the US you buy the pot, are buried and your the only one ever there. Thanks

Mike Tal

Post by Mike Tal » 22 Nov 2021, 14:03

As far as I know, over here (in the Czech Republic) the grave is "yours" until someone is paying the "rent". I think it is paid up front for five years or so and if at a certain point no payment comes in (e.g. all relatives are also dead) then the grave is eventually re-used after a grace period. Naturally, there is a certain time limit, after which a grave can be re-used. Maybe 20 or 30 years.

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 22 Nov 2021, 15:22

Hi headwest,

This issue is complicated here in Germany, and as is almost always the case, varies greatly from german Bundesland to Bundesland...
Before I write more nonsense here, here once two links in German language for a first overview:

Grabnutzungsrecht https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grabnutzungsrecht

Ruhefrist https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruhefrist

In Germany there is also the possibility to bury a deceased person in a non-Christian resting place.
The places are called as a rule "Ahnenstätte".
In my northern German home region there are two such places known to me, in Hilligenloh, and in Conneforde.

That only "Old Nazis" rest in these places is a fundamentally false and premature statement that does not correspond to the facts.
One must have visited such a site oneself to form one's own judgment, I myself have done so, several times.

To write more about it here in the forum is difficult, all this does not belong here please, I ask for your understanding.

Not to speak of a forest burial, or burial of the urn at sea outside the three-mile zone...

Hans
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 22 Nov 2021, 16:00

Interesting in this context is the german designation "Ehrengrab":

Ehrengrab / Grave of Honor https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ehrengrab (Multi language entry)

Hans
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 22 Nov 2021, 19:12

In this context, another personal note.

My grandmother received a letter from the local cemetery board in the early 1990s.
Grandma was already very sick at that time, I never showed this letter to my grandmother, it was better that way for the old lady.

In this very impersonal letter, the old lady was told that family members buried in coffins in the 1960s, like her husband Hans , buried in 1967, did not perish in the too moist soil, I will spare us all the details.

This problem had been known for generations, but was reluctantly acknowledged.
It was also stated in the letter that further burials in this family grave could only take place in an urn, not in a coffin.
Not without reason I never showed this letter to my grandmother, I could not bring myself to do so.

My beloved grandmother was cremated after her passing, and found her final resting place next to her beloved husband, as was my mother many years later.

The oak tree over the grave, planted in 1967 for my grandfather, is important, nothing more.

Hans

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 22 Nov 2021, 21:11

One should decouple this topic from the Berghof topic, but where to..? :roll:

Hans

JustiNa

Post by JustiNa » 24 Nov 2021, 15:31

Hi everyone, I read some books and look Evas Braun videos.
So in this foto there are her friends, sisters and parents.
Friends names:
With sister Gretl is Bepo(diminutive from Joseph)
Near Evas father siting Mandi, Mitzi(diminutive from Maria).
On the floor siting Schorsch(Georg) Fischer and mysterious women is wife of him Kati. Next friend Anneliese.

The Lady isn’t Ilse Braun, although she is occasionally suggested to be. I don’t know her name but I think she’s a relative of the Braun family. She appears regularly in EBs movies, more than Ilse in fact who rarely does. This picture from EBs album number 28 in the National Archive captioned Christmas 1938 proves the point
[/quote]
Was man schreibt, bleibt.

JustiNa

Post by JustiNa » 24 Nov 2021, 15:40

quote=JustiNa post_id=2375182 time=1637045200 user_id=98784]
Hello eweryone, in internet I found this:
https://www.invaluable.com/auction-lot/ ... 5b5abdbb54
Maybe somewhere I can look this films?
[/quote]

JustiNa

Post by JustiNa » 25 Nov 2021, 22:17

JustiNa wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 15:31
Hi everyone, I read some books and look Evas Braun videos.
So in this foto there are her friends, sisters and parents.
Friends names:
With sister Gretl is Bepo(diminutive from Joseph)
Near Evas father siting Mandi, Mitzi(diminutive from Maria).
On the floor siting Schorsch(Georg) Fischer and mysterious women is wife of him Kati. Next friend siting on the floor maybe Anneliese, but I'm not schure about it. We can see her on Evas Braun videos on the party.

The Lady isn’t Ilse Braun, although she is occasionally suggested to be. I don’t know her name but I think she’s a relative of the Braun family. She appears regularly in EBs movies, more than Ilse in fact who rarely does. This picture from EBs album number 28 in the National Archive captioned Christmas 1938 proves the point
[/quote]

JustiNa

Post by JustiNa » 25 Nov 2021, 22:25

In internet I can't find information about Evas Braun friends exept Herta Schneider geb. Ostermayr. Herta lived in Grainau near Garmisch-Partenkirchen. About her daughters no information. Her husband Erwin probably died in the war. In Garmich also lived Evas sister Gretl to the end 1950s.

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 25 Nov 2021, 23:13

JustiNa,

Do you have to understand, that you quote yourself here, it does not open to me, unfortunately ?

Maybe I am too stupid, or too old to understand, maybe I just had a visual disturbance ? :?

Hans

JustiNa

Post by JustiNa » 26 Nov 2021, 00:58

Hans, yes I see.

Do you have to understand, that you quote yourself here, it does not open to me, unfortunately ?

Maybe I am too stupid, or too old to understand, maybe I just had a visual disturbance ? :?

Hans
[/quote]

DerSchwarzwälder

Post by DerSchwarzwälder » 13 Dec 2021, 13:16

Hello,

I hope my question here is at the right place.

Does anyone know what material the roofs of the Berghof were covered with? I vaguely remember reading or hearing in a documentation, that originally Hitler wanted to cover them with traditional alpine style shingles, however he ran out of money and had to opt for lesser expensive zinc plated metal sheets (or was it copper?).

Thank you,
Marcel

headwest

Post by headwest » 13 Dec 2021, 17:02

actually the roof question reminded me, and i think i asked this before (but im old lol), what were the rocks for on some of the roofs??? you see stones on the roof one some of the buildings

was this for snow or something? or to hold material down?

thanks

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”