1945 Lost German girl

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
bentleyhugh

Re: 1945 LOST GERMAN GIRL

Post by bentleyhugh » 16 Feb 2022, 21:10

Totenkomf wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 18:48
bentleyhugh wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 18:13
brick wrote:
09 Jul 2009, 14:06
Spielburg film story RG-60.4106 TAPE 2735 at 15:57 16:00 looks like the same girl to me.
This shows the direction of travel.
The intersection of route 7 and route 27 on google maps present day is pretty close to 78k from Praha.
Note derelict airfield south,large building (Vysocany).
Also girl is seen at 00:45 on RG-60.2390 TAPE 2260.
She is wearing a mans jacket and is holding onto a man wearing (5 button) ss waffen jacket.
Hello,
This post by brick many moons ago insired me to enhance the stills within the film he mentions to positively ID if she is LGG. I used adobe on a Mac. They most certainly are without a doubt her. They are too big of a file to post it seems. Her boyfriend is very clear and while all ensignas have been ripped off he looks to be important as he’s the only one that looks to be clean shaven with well groomed hair. He is young. It seems as if she is very frightened and trying to melt into both his oversized coat and the ground itself. A few rows behind them marching is another woman but she is not trying to hide so much and seems to be helping an older guy walk. She is laughing at something it seems. It’s great to look at the facial expressions of everyone matching . Some are jovial while a few look worried. Lots of injured in this column though
I think it might be easier to ID the boyfriend
Not sure where to start but that just seems like it might be easier.
Maybe the "boyfriend" was an Officer or NCO either in the: Heer, Luftwaffe or the SS who just had removed his insignia, shoulders boards and awards from the uniform or just swapped into a another uniform.
I cannot remember where I read this but just remember it seemed like it was a credible source, that a young woman named Lore or Lara from Austria born around 1920 had joined the Luftwaffe as her boyfriend was a Luftwaffe pilot and she hoped she could be near him.
While the debate on Lore Bauer may have run its course, I do think that name means something to this mystery.
I cannot determine who first through that name out as a possible identity but whoever did may be more closely connected to this story then anyone. Or not
I have read this forum several times and while this question has been raised all links and replies are now deleted or dead.
I do not think the 2012 blog was the original source but maybe I’m wrong.
That whole fictitious blog seems totally bizarre though.
First of all I could tell it was untrue by reading it and seemed like that was the intention.
But why attach the disclaimer to just the Spanish version?
I don’t think this blog has ever had a big English language following do the two language post is bizarre as.well.
I’ve read almost every post from that blogger and the one on LGG seems totally out of character for what the blog seems to be going for. Just seems like an odd footnote and maybe there is something getting missed with it

Martinit002

Re: 1945 Lost German girl

Post by Martinit002 » 18 Feb 2022, 14:46

I can confirm that lgg was not raped .. the people of Czechoslovakia brutally attacked German soldiers women and men who fled back to Germany or went to surrender to the US soldiers. They were not afraid to take a shovel on them. And I'm not surprised that the Czechoslovaks were brutal on German soldiers when they wanted to take over Czechoslovakia

CarlosXander

Post by CarlosXander » 18 Feb 2022, 21:24

As analyzed above, it is likely that LGG was not violated, as there is no evidence and it is only assumed, in the book "Na demarkační čáře, Americká armáda v Čechách v friction 1945" it is said that they were soldiers of the US Army and a group of civilians who caused the blows and deaths to the Germans, does not say anything if there were humiliations such as rapes against women who accompanied that group where LGG is supposed to be, but since everything is only theory

wirklich

Post by wirklich » 19 Feb 2022, 12:04

Totenkomf wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 20:40
bentleyhugh wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 20:21
Maybe the boyfriend is a husband? But they are definitely a couple.
They could have been either of those or just "friends" but Maybe those first two explanations are more plausible.
Is the person that is being refered to the one that is holding a mess kit in their left hand and is arm in arm with the soldier next to them in RG-60.4106 film ID 2735 at 1:42:21:08?
If it is, at this point in time they were wearing the pull on Marschstiefel. Not ankle boots or shoes like the woman is wearing later. The shirt sleeve that is pulled out of the tunick sleeve looks to me to be a lighter color. Not black.

CarlosXander

Post by CarlosXander » 19 Feb 2022, 17:53

my theory I keep insisting that in this part of the filming it is LGG with her boyfriend/husband or lover, it is her for me since she has her hair tied, it is true that it is not the clothes that we see later but it is clear that the clothes that alarece in the row is not hers and apart from the older woman she is the only woman who appears in the group who were later beaten and killed, it is my theory

Topspeed

Post by Topspeed » 20 Feb 2022, 09:46

That is a match...no SS trooper.

Makarov

Post by Makarov » 20 Feb 2022, 09:48

'Xander, how can we be sure that the person you point out in the clip above is a woman? I'm not saying it is not a woman, but from that clip I find it hard to establish what gender it is, and even harder to identify that person.

Topspeed

Post by Topspeed » 20 Feb 2022, 16:02

Hair dude.

Makarov

Post by Makarov » 20 Feb 2022, 18:25

Topspeed wrote:
20 Feb 2022, 16:02
Hair dude.
Nah, It takes more to identify that person's gender than just point out the hair dude.

wirklich

Post by wirklich » 20 Feb 2022, 20:40

Their relationship (friends, boy friend girl friend...) cannot be determined. Many soldiers in the column are walking arm in arm like men and women do.
There are others that are afraid also. Look at the man on the right holding on to the sleeve of the man next to him.at the front of the column. He has to be pushed forward. 1:42:06:04

wirklich

Post by wirklich » 21 Feb 2022, 17:44

Topspeed wrote:
20 Feb 2022, 09:46
That is a match...no SS trooper.
The person on the right wears the six button tunic the the army went to after the battle for France.

++++Let me make this 100% crystal clear. I am not suggesting that the person on the left is wearing an SS tunic++++

The one on the left wears the older 5 button tunic. After the battle for France the SS kept making 5 button tunics.
The one he wears may be an army tunic made before the battle for France.

My source is the paragraph after the schematic flow diagram http://www.dererstezug.com/germanwoolfabric.htm

Topspeed

Post by Topspeed » 22 Feb 2022, 07:26

Makarov wrote:
20 Feb 2022, 18:25
Topspeed wrote:
20 Feb 2022, 16:02
Hair dude.
Nah, It takes more to identify that person's gender than just point out the hair dude.

Okay...another female then.

headwest

Post by headwest » 22 Feb 2022, 22:59

not that it matters, but to me, it does not look like her, the face is much thinner from what i can see and the features look different

thats just me though

wirklich

Post by wirklich » 28 Feb 2022, 21:10

I do not think the womans hands are as swollen as they appear in the footage.
This is a very close shot of her face and the hands are closer to the lens and slightly out of focus. The camera is focused on her face.
When she walks toward the camera her right hand looks big too.
Cameras will sometimes flatten an image because they cannot capture all the small details of depth and shading. When a picture loses shading, round objects will look flat and fatter.
Somtimes your brain cannot percieve depth when you look at a picture and will not be able to decern curved edges of a body part. They will look flat and fat.
All of her fingers are interlaced. The money is folded over length wise. It looks like 2 stacks. You can see it between her 3rd and 4th fingers.
When she lowers her hands she very easily seperates the money from the book and brings it quickly to her face.
That would be hard to do with injured hands.

Haglund was a professional, He knew how to do a shot to make it look good. When he does the close up of her face she is turned about 30 degrees to her right. The camera slightly higher than her face. Just like you would be if you went to a studio to have a picture taken in this time period.
When she lowers her hands the camera is panned downward to follow the movement. She continues to rotate to the right and the camera continues down to her knees. She rotates back to the left.
The fact that that the shot shows the womans rear was because she rotates when Haglund panned downward. This is just by chance. He did not move.
Some people (not here) have critized Haglund for this.
The shot ends. Most but not all of Haglunds shots are the same length.
He does not show much interest in what the woman held.

CarlosXander

Post by CarlosXander » 01 Mar 2022, 00:36

dear forum
2 years ago I entered this forum to collaborate in this wonderful search (although I knew it a little less than a year before) after bothering writers, teachers, historians and more, they told me that perhaps the site where something could be found would be the site Das Bundesarchiv, where you have the entire record of the 2 world wars of soldiers from both the wehrmacht and the waffen-SS, a while ago this site answered me with the following PDF

translation
"This is not the case with your request. Even if we would need first names, last names and date of birth for research. I found information on the Internet (the comments under the film also provide information about it. Allegedly the name was Lore Bauer, born on February 3rd, 1921 in Kollerschlag.
You can find more information under the following link:
viewtopic.php?f=77&t=145596&sid=1c25643 ... start=2220
Lore Bauer: she was born on February 3rd, 1921, in Kollerschlag, Austria. She was a proud member of the BDM (in 1931-1938, below her youth photo), the League of German Girls. She was transferred to an anti-aircraft warfare training center at Rendsburg, near Kiel. In early 1945, it was finally time for her to get a job, and she was assigned to the new SS Flak department Alarm Prague. She did fine, she worked for Pan Am Airlines between 1965 and 1985, and lived up to October 30th, 1994."

With astonishment I found myself with that answer but at the same time somewhat disappointed since for more information it takes this forum as a reference, recently I asked again for an answer that made me do a long questionnaire and I am still waiting for a response to confirm those results
the reason for this post is that this forum is taken in reference to all the LGG search

I recently bought the book Válečné nálezy Ejpovice 1945 where he dedicated a whole part to LGG and all that research is what there is in this forum

Some time ago I uploaded a video of an investigation about LGG from a Czech channel TC-24 which is ALSO based on the forum investigation (2016)

https://youtu.be/fmtC_SaiQgo

I recently uploaded an excellent note from the Stern newspaper and as I read it is based on the investigation of this forum

as you will see this forum is in all the reference to LGG and all thanks to you....
the search continues.....

Return to “Women in the Reich”