Konteradmiral z.V. / Obergeneralarbeitsführer Wilhelm Busse Award Documents

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
User avatar
Kriegsmarine Großadmiral
Member
Posts: 1786
Joined: 28 Feb 2017 14:17
Location: Croatia

Konteradmiral z.V. / Obergeneralarbeitsführer Wilhelm Busse Award Documents

Post by Kriegsmarine Großadmiral » 02 Feb 2019 20:30

I just found a bunch of documents for Busse's awards. I will include the complete list of his awards in my Kriegsmarine Admirals Database.
But I have a couple of questions about these documents.

1. One document (1st below) says Busse was awarded the Anhaltisches Erinnerungskreuz in Silber mit der Jahreszahl 1932. Does anyone know how this medal looks like? I wasn't able to find any info on google. And was it a Civilian decoration?

2. The award document for his Kriegsverdienstkreuz (1939) II. Klasse (see 2nd below) doesn't specify if it was mit Schwertern or ohne Schwerter. It is interesting that this document was signed by Hitler. The document for the Kriegsverdienstkreuz (1939) I. Klasse mit Schwertern (see 3rd photo below), except Hitler, also mentiones Dönitz and is signed by (I pressume) Konteradmiral Werner Schönermark (Chef des Marinetruppenamtes 01 May 1944-22 Jul 1945).
Since the document for his Kriegsverdienstkreuz (1939) II. Klasse addresses Busse as Obergeneralarbeitsführer (I don't know if this classified as a military or civilian function?), is it possible that the II. Klasse was ohne Schwerter and then the I. Klasse mit Schwertern (like the document says)? What I mean, was it possible Busse was awarded the II. Klasse of the Kriegsverdienstkreuz ohne Schwerter and then the I. Klasse mit Schwertern?

I hope you will understand my questions.
Thanks

Here is the source for the documents: http://www.johnsonreferencebooks.com/sh ... sse-28665/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Kriegsmarine Großadmiral on 02 Feb 2019 20:36, edited 1 time in total.
Kriegsmarine Großadmiral

User avatar
Kriegsmarine Großadmiral
Member
Posts: 1786
Joined: 28 Feb 2017 14:17
Location: Croatia

Re: Konteradmiral z.V./Obergeneralarbeitsführer Wilhelm Busse Award Documents

Post by Kriegsmarine Großadmiral » 02 Feb 2019 20:32

Here is the rest of the documents:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kriegsmarine Großadmiral

User avatar
Kriegsmarine Großadmiral
Member
Posts: 1786
Joined: 28 Feb 2017 14:17
Location: Croatia

Re: Konteradmiral z.V./Obergeneralarbeitsführer Wilhelm Busse Award Documents

Post by Kriegsmarine Großadmiral » 02 Feb 2019 21:20

I am not so familiar with the award documents, but here is another question.

Did the award documents for the Kriegsverdienstkreuz I./II. Klasse ohne Schwerter just say "Kriegsverdienstkreuz I./II. Klasse"?
And then the Kriegsverdienstkreuz I./II. Klasse mit Schwertern would be written like "Kriegsverdienstkreuz I./II. Klasse mit Schwertern"?

Thanks
Kriegsmarine Großadmiral

Gwar
Member
Posts: 252
Joined: 10 Dec 2018 22:14
Location: Grand Rapids, MI

Re: Konteradmiral z.V./Obergeneralarbeitsführer Wilhelm Busse Award Documents

Post by Gwar » 20 Feb 2022 19:21

Forgive the unrelated question, do you have any photos of Wim. Busse I can compare for identification of Busse ?

User avatar
Kriegsmarine Großadmiral
Member
Posts: 1786
Joined: 28 Feb 2017 14:17
Location: Croatia

Re: Konteradmiral z.V./Obergeneralarbeitsführer Wilhelm Busse Award Documents

Post by Kriegsmarine Großadmiral » 20 Feb 2022 19:34

Gwar wrote:
20 Feb 2022 19:21
Forgive the unrelated question, do you have any photos of Wim. Busse I can compare for identification of Busse ?
See here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=239341&p=2185993&hi ... e#p2185993
Kriegsmarine Großadmiral

Gwar
Member
Posts: 252
Joined: 10 Dec 2018 22:14
Location: Grand Rapids, MI

Re: Konteradmiral z.V. / Obergeneralarbeitsführer Wilhelm Busse Award Documents

Post by Gwar » 20 Feb 2022 19:38

Many thanks !!

graveland
Member
Posts: 9482
Joined: 20 Aug 2008 15:07

Re: Konteradmiral z.V. / Obergeneralarbeitsführer Wilhelm Busse Award Documents

Post by graveland » 21 Feb 2022 09:32

Thank you.

Andrey
Host - ABR sections
Posts: 4390
Joined: 07 Jun 2005 13:49
Location: Moscow, Russia

Re: Konteradmiral z.V. / Obergeneralarbeitsführer Wilhelm Busse Award Documents

Post by Andrey » 21 Feb 2022 09:59

Hi,

His photo in RAD-uniform.

Andrey.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Joseph_C
Member
Posts: 59
Joined: 16 Sep 2021 16:32
Location: Spain

Re: Konteradmiral z.V. / Obergeneralarbeitsführer Wilhelm Busse Award Documents

Post by Joseph_C » 21 Feb 2022 10:35

-Ritterkreuz des Königlich Preußischen Hausordens von Hohenzollern mit Schwertern (14. 05. 1917)
-Eisernes Kreuz (1914) II. Klasse
-Eisernes Kreuz (1914) I. Klasse
-Königlich Preußischer Roter Adler-Orden IV. Klasse mit der Krone
-Königlich Preußische Kaiser Wilhelm-Centenarmedaille 1897
-Königlich Preußische Rote Kreuz Medaille III. Klasse
-Offizierskreuz des Königlich Italienischen Ordens vom Heiligen Mauritius- und Lazarus
-Kaiserlich Russischer St. Annenorden III. Klasse
-Kommandeurkreuz des Königlich Griechischen Erlöserordens
-Kaiserlich Türkischer Osmanje-Orden IV. Klasse
-Kaiserlich Türkischer Medschidié-Orden III. Klasse
-Kaiserlich Türkische Silberne Imtiaz-Medaille mit Säbeln
-Königlich Preußisches Dienstauszeichnungskreuz (01. 04. 1920)
-Anhaltisches Erinnerungskreuz in Silber mit der Jahreszahl 1932 (20. 08. 1935)
-Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer (05. 06. 1936)
-Kommandeurkreuz des Königlich Bulgarischen St. Alexander-Ordens (27. 08. 1937)
-Großoffizierskreuz des Königlich Bulgarischen St. Alexander-Ordens (25. 09. 1940)

-Kriegsverdienstkreuz (1939) II. Klasse ohne Schwerter (30. 01. 1941)
-Kriegsverdienstkreuz (1939) I. Klasse mit Schwertern (01. 09. 1944)
-Goldenes Ehrenzeichen der NSDAP
On the pic with RAD uniform I don't see a St. Alaxander Order Commander Cross, but a Bulgarian Military Merit Order.

graveland
Member
Posts: 9482
Joined: 20 Aug 2008 15:07

Re: Konteradmiral z.V. / Obergeneralarbeitsführer Wilhelm Busse Award Documents

Post by graveland » 21 Feb 2022 12:12

Andrey wrote:
21 Feb 2022 09:59
Hi,

His photo in RAD-uniform.

Andrey.
Thank you, Andrey.

User avatar
Kriegsmarine Großadmiral
Member
Posts: 1786
Joined: 28 Feb 2017 14:17
Location: Croatia

Re: Konteradmiral z.V. / Obergeneralarbeitsführer Wilhelm Busse Award Documents

Post by Kriegsmarine Großadmiral » 21 Feb 2022 12:46

Joseph_C wrote:
21 Feb 2022 10:35
-Ritterkreuz des Königlich Preußischen Hausordens von Hohenzollern mit Schwertern (14. 05. 1917)
-Eisernes Kreuz (1914) II. Klasse
-Eisernes Kreuz (1914) I. Klasse
-Königlich Preußischer Roter Adler-Orden IV. Klasse mit der Krone
-Königlich Preußische Kaiser Wilhelm-Centenarmedaille 1897
-Königlich Preußische Rote Kreuz Medaille III. Klasse
-Offizierskreuz des Königlich Italienischen Ordens vom Heiligen Mauritius- und Lazarus
-Kaiserlich Russischer St. Annenorden III. Klasse
-Kommandeurkreuz des Königlich Griechischen Erlöserordens
-Kaiserlich Türkischer Osmanje-Orden IV. Klasse
-Kaiserlich Türkischer Medschidié-Orden III. Klasse
-Kaiserlich Türkische Silberne Imtiaz-Medaille mit Säbeln
-Königlich Preußisches Dienstauszeichnungskreuz (01. 04. 1920)
-Anhaltisches Erinnerungskreuz in Silber mit der Jahreszahl 1932 (20. 08. 1935)
-Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer (05. 06. 1936)
-Kommandeurkreuz des Königlich Bulgarischen St. Alexander-Ordens (27. 08. 1937)
-Großoffizierskreuz des Königlich Bulgarischen St. Alexander-Ordens (25. 09. 1940)

-Kriegsverdienstkreuz (1939) II. Klasse ohne Schwerter (30. 01. 1941)
-Kriegsverdienstkreuz (1939) I. Klasse mit Schwertern (01. 09. 1944)
-Goldenes Ehrenzeichen der NSDAP
On the pic with RAD uniform I don't see a St. Alaxander Order Commander Cross, but a Bulgarian Military Merit Order.
You are correct.
Kriegsmarine Großadmiral

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”