Contact info for Michaelis Verlag / Rolf Michaelis

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
EspenB

Contact info for Michaelis Verlag / Rolf Michaelis

Post by EspenB » 18 Mar 2022, 01:40

Hello,

I'm trying to find contact information on the WW2 author Rolf Michaelis (Berlin?) which published a lot of books on his own Michaelis Verlag.

Unfortunately the e-mail listed on the Michaelis Verlag web page seems to be broken and the page itstelf has not been updated since 2018.

REF http://www.michaelis-verlag.de/impressum.html

Espen

Hans1906
Banned

Re: Contact info for Michaelis Verlag / Rolf Michaelis

Post by Hans1906 » 18 Mar 2022, 17:58

Rolf Michaelis (Schriftsteller, 1968) https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolf_Mich ... ler,_1968)

Better to have nothing to do with his books and publishing activities, no further comment from my side.

Hans
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

EspenB

Post by EspenB » 18 Mar 2022, 19:41

Hans1906 wrote:
18 Mar 2022, 17:58
Better to have nothing to do with his books and publishing activities, no further comment from my side.
I'm aware of this concern you raise*, however I just want to re-use a historical image from one of his earliest books which are from my local area in Norway. If I continue to fail getting a 1st gen image. I'll probably try to to source a copy of the particular book and scan it from the pages (not as good, but I really want this image for a local WW2 history book I'm writing).

(* Despite these reservations it's my understanding that his books does contain a lot of factual information from research into archives, etc.)

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 18 Mar 2022, 20:16

EspenB,

it is not my intention, to be associated in any way with this author or the publisher.

Hans
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

Trilisser, M. A.

Post by Trilisser, M. A. » 27 May 2022, 13:28

Hans1906 wrote:
Rolf Michaelis (Schriftsteller, 1968) https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolf_Mich ... ler,_1968)

Hans
You really believe Wikipedia is an objective source? It's not.

freight

Post by freight » 10 Jun 2023, 18:59

EspenB wrote:
18 Mar 2022, 19:41
Hans1906 wrote:
I'm aware of this concern you raise*, however I just want to re-use a historical image from one of his earliest books which are from my local area in Norway. If I continue to fail getting a 1st gen image. I'll probably try to to source a copy of the particular book and scan it from the pages (not as good, but I really want this image for a local WW2 history book I'm writing).

(* Despite these reservations it's my understanding that his books does contain a lot of factual information from research into archives, etc.)
Have you considered taking a scan or clear photo of the image, and putting it through a reverse imagine search? You may be able to find another source.

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”