The end of tanks as we know it?

Discussions on other historical eras.
Cult Icon

Re: The end of tanks as we know it?

Post by Cult Icon » 24 Mar 2022, 20:00

The Russian soldiers have cell phones banned so they aren't flooding the internet with pictures of knocked out tanks unlike the Ukr who did so from the first days.

Richard Anderson

Post by Richard Anderson » 24 Mar 2022, 20:07

Yoozername wrote:
24 Mar 2022, 06:31
Good I have no idea what you mean. JoeBama is my derisive term for Biden.
Yeah, I figured that out by myself. It's way more clever than "Brandon".
You might want to look at the timeline of Nordstream 2 more closely and read the BBC article more carefully.
Richard C. Anderson Jr.

American Thunder: U.S. Army Tank Design, Development, and Doctrine in World War II
Cracking Hitler's Atlantic Wall
Hitler's Last Gamble
Artillery Hell

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 24 Mar 2022, 23:10

In an interview, in which captured Russian soldiers were interviewed by Ukrainian forces:
No supplies for days, no drinking water, nothing to eat, no ammunition...
It's pathetic, the misery, this deranged little man sends his soldiers into...
The little ex-spy will end up in court like many war criminals before, that's exactly how it will be.

Hans
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 25 Mar 2022, 00:04

This not only reminds me of our fathers, our grandfathers, and our great-grandfathers in two world wars...

I remember my great-grandfather Franz Folkerts from the 1960s, a WW 1 veteran, a very grumpy old man.
Franz never smiled, sitting always next to the warm stove in the kitchen, Franz was always feeling cold.

A simple uneducated man from the north-german countryside, a carpenter.
Franz was in Poland, in Russia, later on the so-called "western front", in Belgium, in France, everywhere.
In old age, great-grandfather Franz longed for warmth, an oven, he always sat by his oven.

He did not read newspapers, neither books, and he never smiled.
This is how I remember Franz, from my early childhood years.

He was a victim, suffering from PTSD, unknown back in these decades, and he never spoke about war at all.

Every weekend, his youngest daughter, my grandmother Alberta, had to walk to the local "Kneipe", to buy one Liter of
white Schnaps (G: "Korn") for the father.
3 Kilometers one way, to bring her father his weekly "ration".
Decades later, Oma told me, that she hated it, to walk to the Kneipe, buying more Schnaps for her father every weekend.
When Franz was stoned enough later, he spanked his wife, and his three daughters, over many years.
After his new excess, the father remembered nothing, and this happenend after 1918 for several years.
Alberta was born 1914, the father did not see his youngest daughter grew up, he was a stranger to her, and she was
an unkown daughter to her father, the WW 1 veteran.

During the summer holidays, all three daughters were sent to large farmers in East Friesland to work off their father's drinking debts for weeks.
Hard field work for children, normal at the time, for some bad food and a place to sleep.

The fat/rich farmers in what was then East Friesland ("Ostfriesland") had a principle in Low German language, such arrogance was called “conceit” at the time: (Ein "Dünkel")
"First me, then my wife, then my dog, then you!" (Translated from the "plattdeutsch" dialect)

That's how it was after 1918, because of the "German Idyll", it was a bunch of shit, a hell of violence and neglect.

I was much to young, to understand, what war made to men like my great-grandfather, decades later, I was able to understand...

No more war!

Hans
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

Yoozername

Post by Yoozername » 25 Mar 2022, 08:11

You might want to look at the timeline of Nordstream 2 more closely and read the BBC article more carefully.
You might want to loosen your bow tie and look into EastMed shenanigans. Did you really vote for all this stuff?

Yoozername

Post by Yoozername » 25 Mar 2022, 08:19

Cult Icon wrote:
24 Mar 2022, 20:00
The Russian soldiers have cell phones banned so they aren't flooding the internet with pictures of knocked out tanks unlike the Ukr who did so from the first days.
I believe they had phones confiscated for two reasons. Firstly, to not give away positions, secondly...Command did not want 'traitors' or info to leak to Russian people.

But this brings up a good point...doesn't Russia have news Crews and other means to show their results? Is YT censoring them?

Reigo2

Post by Reigo2 » 25 Mar 2022, 13:55

Yoozername wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 08:19
Cult Icon wrote:
I believe they had phones confiscated for two reasons. Firstly, to not give away positions, secondly...Command did not want 'traitors' or info to leak to Russian people.

But this brings up a good point...doesn't Russia have news Crews and other means to show their results? Is YT censoring them?
A Russian channel which regularly posts messages (often with videos) about Russian success claims (but not too many knocked out tanks seen):
https://t.me/s/RVvoenkor

Yuri

Post by Yuri » 25 Mar 2022, 14:26

Reigo2 wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 13:55
Yoozername wrote:
Cult Icon wrote:

A Russian channel which regularly posts messages (often with videos) about Russian success claims (but not too many knocked out tanks seen):
However, it is necessary to give full information, because the concealment of important information is a special case of lies - that is, misinformation. It should be pointed out that these are war correspondents of the militia of the Donbass People's Republic and 90% of the information about the actions of this militia, no "Russian channel" and no "Russian success claims".

Reigo2

Post by Reigo2 » 25 Mar 2022, 15:24

Yuri wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 14:26
Reigo2 wrote:
Yoozername wrote:
Cult Icon wrote:

However, it is necessary to give full information, because the concealment of important information is a special case of lies - that is, misinformation. It should be pointed out that these are war correspondents of the militia of the Donbass People's Republic and 90% of the information about the actions of this militia, no "Russian channel" and no "Russian success claims".
Yeah, my attempt to hide this really important information in order to mislead the public failed miserably.

By the way, last ten messages from this channel:
-Official information by Russian Ministry of Defense
-Blast in Kharkov
-Powerful strikes in Kiev
-Russian spetsnaz is creating fear amongst Ukrainan army
-Russian army has surrounded Slavutich
-Powerful expolsion in Kiev
-Fires in Kharkov
-DNR forces liberated 132 inhabited places
-Russian airforce destroyed a fuel base in Konstantinovka
-Russian airofrce gave a powerful strike against Ukrainian tank base in Artemovsk

So it seems to be rather 90% of Russian army, 10% of DNR (which is, of course, also Russian).

Helmut0815

Post by Helmut0815 » 25 Mar 2022, 15:37

Source: www.spiegel.de

Knocked out russian tank with engine block and turret blasted away, a direkt hit in the ammo storage.

regards

Helmut

Yuri

Post by Yuri » 25 Mar 2022, 15:39

Reigo2 wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 15:24
Yuri wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 14:26
Reigo2 wrote:
Yoozername wrote:
Cult Icon wrote:

Yeah, my attempt to hide this really important information in order to mislead the public failed miserably.

By the way, last ten messages from this channel:
-Official information by Russian Ministry of Defense
-Blast in Kharkov
-Powerful strikes in Kiev
-Russian spetsnaz is creating fear amongst Ukrainan army
-Russian army has surrounded Slavutich
-Powerful expolsion in Kiev
-Fires in Kharkov
-DNR forces liberated 132 inhabited places
-Russian airforce destroyed a fuel base in Konstantinovka
-Russian airofrce gave a powerful strike against Ukrainian tank base in Artemovsk

So it seems to be rather 90% of Russian army, 10% of DNR (which is, of course, also Russian).
There is no need for excuses, and even more so a lot of words. It is enough to write: "sorry, I didn't think about it," and you will be understood, and, therefore, at least half forgiven.
This follows from the Russian proverb: "To understand means to half forgive."

Reigo2

Post by Reigo2 » 25 Mar 2022, 15:41

Sorry, I didn't think about it, Yuri. Please, release at least half of your forgiveness.

Yuri

Post by Yuri » 25 Mar 2022, 15:51

Reigo2 wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 15:41
Sorry, I didn't think about it, Yuri. Please, release at least half of your forgiveness.
Okay, so be it, live, I forgive for the first time, but look, next time I'll kick my ears.

Reigo2

Post by Reigo2 » 25 Mar 2022, 16:05

Thank you, Yuri! Your kind heart and love for truth are encouraging. It makes me think that it doesn't really matter that you have this perverse disease*.

* "After over 20 years of revanchism and exploitation, Russian patriotism is a perverse disease, an anti-Russian fascism called Putinism."
Garry Kasparov Mar 17, 2022
https://twitter.com/Kasparov63/status/1 ... 2755810311

[Sorry for ruining the tank-talk. Wasn't my intention, but my willpower is weak.]

Cult Icon

Post by Cult Icon » 25 Mar 2022, 19:03

3/25

1,351 servicemen have died, 3,825 have been injured - Russian Defense Ministry

A new chapter in the bizarre numbers-game

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/5997 ... in-ukraine

Russia announces that finishing the take over of the Donbas is the main effort.

https://www.reuters.com/article/ukraine ... SL5N2VS459

Return to “Other eras”