1945 Lost German girl

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
CarlosXander

Re: 1945 Lost German girl

Post by CarlosXander » 16 Mar 2022, 02:14

hello
my theory is she is a woman because of her HAIR,
While watching the videos I noticed that this person has a lump behind the head as if his hair was tied, I upload some comparisons, this is more appreciated in the first video, the second one sees the person from the front but little can be distinguished, unfortunately the quality of the video and the shots from a distance can not be appreciated well,

Saul

Post by Saul » 20 Mar 2022, 09:02

Hello

I found this photo of a group of girls from the league of germans girls, one gets so close to LGG (the last girl)

I dont think its her but she gets so close to

Link where i found the photo https://picclick.com/F001415-BdM-League ... 93215.html (You can get a lot of exclusive photos from the WW2 in that page)

wirklich

Post by wirklich » 21 Mar 2022, 09:16

Trouser variants.
One of the several types of trousers the SS wore. These have 2 button pocket flaps. They are not what the woman wore.
https://www.ss-steel-inc.com/product/ex ... -trousers/
Two of the several types of trousers the Luftwaffe wore. These have 1 button scalloped pocket flaps.
They are similar to what the woman wore.
https://www.lux-military-antiques.com/e ... ager-1.htm
https://militariaplaza.nl/uniforms/luft ... e-1-detail

ignacioosacar1

Post by ignacioosacar1 » 22 Mar 2022, 18:38

Ok . We are closer to the LW possibility

ignacioosacar1

Post by ignacioosacar1 » 22 Mar 2022, 18:43

The girl has thinner lips. One of the notorious facial characteristics of LGG are precisely her almost perfectly proportioned lips.

ignacioosacar1

Post by ignacioosacar1 » 22 Mar 2022, 18:58

There are three girls with the same gym shoes. Quite a logistic feat was to issue the same type of shoes in significant numbers. It is apparent that footwear was a problem specially for women in those days. I have seen pics of 20+ Helferinen in a parade or ceremony occasion an they are all wearing different shoes . Mostly civilian shoes. Ah yes, I have seen some pics of Paris based Helferinen which are impeccably and uniformly dressed. Just remember that at one point the military were authorized to use civilian shirts under their uniform jackets provided it did not show.

Cheers

CarlosXander

Post by CarlosXander » 24 Mar 2022, 18:42

hello forum
after submitting the form for an investigation in the Bundesarchiv today I received the answer and they have no record of a certain Lore Bauer or Hannelore, this establishes that this Lore was not German, so it remains to be investigated if she was Austrian or LGG is another person but implies that if she belonged to the wehrmacht or luftwaffe she will be registered, perhaps as it is believed that she is a civilian or worker from another country (as the case of Mathila that was told in the forum), now i keep track that she could be dutch, denmark or even finnish
regards
translation
the research for your inquiry has now been completed.
No records could be found for the wanted person

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 25 Mar 2022, 02:12

I'm sorry, but you embark on excursions, that hardly anyone (german) can follow anymore.

The comparisons with the German soldiers running home are certainly wrong, holding each other's hands, hugging, mutual support, etc.
That was "comradeship" ("Kameradschaft") nothing more, nothing less.
What is interpreted into these unfortunately short excerpts makes me sad, really.

The term "comradeship" back then is now a kind of "unword" here in Germany, badly used in relation to the new right-winged people.

Kamerad / Kameradschaft: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kameradschaft
(Like very often, only av. in the german language, a very complexe article...)

I still talk about "comrades" ("Kameraden") from my time as a soldier, and that was in 1978/79, as a German soldier in the Bundeswehr.

Hans
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

wirklich

Post by wirklich » 27 Mar 2022, 01:46

A few weeks back I was watching this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSIk7yUHzrQ I went back to it because there is a part where an incredibly foolish American soldier is being severely reprimanded by a Captain.
Before I got to that part, I noticed another (at 4:59) woman dressed similar to the woman on the Haglund film footage. She has a scarf wrapped around her head and appears to have a wrist watch or bracelet on her left arm. She is sitting on the ground.
Two different women dressed in a similar fashion, it "may" be part of their uniform.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/259449628548843874/ 2 LW Lithuanian women

NavyCdo412

Post by NavyCdo412 » 29 Mar 2022, 10:00

Honestly I think is impossible to identify that person only searching for photos. How you can be sure to find a woman among millions of German and Volkdeutsche women?

It's like looking for a German soldier photo who fought in Normandy, among thousands of fighters

wirklich

Post by wirklich » 29 Mar 2022, 20:01

It is impossible and will never happen. You would have to have all the German ID photo archives on computer files and then use a program to find a =="possible" ==match. That is what I have always thought.
The only thing I was interested in was that the 2 women are dressed similar, and it may be that the trousers and black pullover sweater/shirt may be part of a uniform some women were issued and not just something they wore because they had no other option.
As far as I know these are the only 2 women dressed the same in any film footage that has been mentioned.
In fact, even if the woman lived to be in her 80's I don't think she or anyone that knew her had any knowledge of the film footage.
So why pursue this? To simply find some of the truth/facts. What happened? That is what history is all about.
The trousers she wears look like LW not SS. The links I provided in past post showed original LW trousers similar to what she wore. The SS trousers I find do not match. Of course, these could have been issued to the SS too, but no one has shown a picture of SS wearing these trousers. The black pullover looks like one of the variants the German military issued.
There are a few people on the internet (not on AHF) that call themselves "experts" and have convinced thousands of people with their false information that they know the truth and the "SS" woman deserved far more than she got. One states AHF is more of a "Discussion". These "experts" offer no pictures or evidence. And people believe them.
When this thread was first started not one person anywhere in the world would have believed that the members on AHF would be able to identify where she was and what she held in her hands.
She will never be known but at least some of the facts will be. But only if people keep looking.
Leave no stone unturned. Leave no one behind.
Cheers!
I wish I had seen this when it was first started many years ago.

CarlosXander

Post by CarlosXander » 30 Mar 2022, 01:30

wirklich wrote:
27 Mar 2022, 01:46
A few weeks back I was watching this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSIk7yUHzrQ I went back to it because there is a part where an incredibly foolish American soldier is being severely reprimanded by a Captain.
Before I got to that part, I noticed another (at 4:59) woman dressed similar to the woman on the Haglund film footage. She has a scarf wrapped around her head and appears to have a wrist watch or bracelet on her left arm. She is sitting on the ground.
Two different women dressed in a similar fashion, it "may" be part of their uniform.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/259449628548843874/ 2 LW Lithuanian women

hello
the topic of that woman was discussed a long time ago in this forum, it didn't get to much
the filming was made by the cameraman Lindsay (who I think was the one who accompanied Haglund) unfortunately there is not much information about that filming, it is only known that it was made in czechoslovakia (it must be said that Haglund and company arrived in Rokycany on May 7 and the 8th was the filming of LGG) it is possible that it was like the 10th or more since on the 9th the total surrender of the German forces in the region took place, as seen in the filming it is a mountainous area and where LGG was flatter
With the subject of women, the clothes coincide, like her black sweater and her pants, maybe her boots, or shoes in the improved version, it does not coincide but it is something relative, her face seems much rounder than the one we saw from LGG (we could say which is a newer footage where LGG was fed well, healed and was filmed along with other civilians on their way to germany, theory)
Greetings
ImageImage

fkt55

Post by fkt55 » 01 Apr 2022, 14:16

https://liopa.ai/

"" Keyword spotting in silent video, e.g. CCTV
Our LipRead technology can detect, in silent video, the occurrence of specified words or phrases.

LipRead can identify whether certain things were said, when an audio track is unavailable. We’re currently researching this in a DASA project involving silent CCTV footage that could assist law enforcement to use video footage more effectively in fighting crime. ""

wirklich

Post by wirklich » 01 Apr 2022, 15:10

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/film ... -1.3658405
Just like what you post on the internet is there forever, If someone is facing a camera what they say is there forever. Even if there is no sound recording.

CarlosXander

Post by CarlosXander » 02 Apr 2022, 15:09

fkt55 wrote:
01 Apr 2022, 14:16
https://liopa.ai/

"" Keyword spotting in silent video, e.g. CCTV
Our LipRead technology can detect, in silent video, the occurrence of specified words or phrases.

LipRead can identify whether certain things were said, when an audio track is unavailable. We’re currently researching this in a DASA project involving silent CCTV footage that could assist law enforcement to use video footage more effectively in fighting crime. ""
interesting application, I don't know if LGG utters a word in the filming, he just shakes his head in a negative way, a curiosity is that in the documentary the world at war they put the sound of footsteps on LGG when he approached the camera

Return to “Women in the Reich”