Estonians, Finns and Hungarians in Nazi propaganda

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
George L Gregory

Re: Estonians, Finns and Hungarians in Nazi propaganda

Post by George L Gregory » 07 Apr 2022, 23:44

Topspeed wrote:
06 Apr 2022, 07:30
David Thompson wrote:
04 Apr 2022, 22:23
Topspeed -- From the forum rules:
5. Back up your claims
We wish the forum to maintain a high standard. While posting on the forum isn't on the same level as writing an academic text, we want to maintain a balanced level of scholarship.

When you include a quote, cite the source. Include enough information to allow other members to find the source themselves. As a minimum, include the author, title/issue, and page number (for monographs and serials) or a link to the specific article (for websites).
When you cite a source, the source must be of sufficiently high quality to substantiate the nature of the claim. Do not cite racist or supremacist websites, unsourced secondary articles, opinion pieces and reviews (other than as evidence of the opinion or review itself), or similar sources.
If another member challenge one of your claims, you must cite a source for your claim.
If you make a claim that is obviously controversial, you should cite a source immediately.
Do not post your opinion without supporting it with facts or context.
app.php/rules
Finnish is a Finno-Ugric language..there is no doubt about it.

https://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suomalais ... set_kielet

Suomalais-ugrilaiset_kielet.png

Liivi and Vepsä are practically gone to extinct.
That’s not proof of what you are claiming. Other people have also noted you dismissing what historians, linguists, etc, agree on about the Finns being Uralic. Finns, Hungarians and Estonians are Uralics and I don’t know why you keep denying that fact.

Your evasive responses and constant personal attacks show anyone reading your posts that you don’t know what you’re talking about at all.

Topspeed

Post by Topspeed » 08 Apr 2022, 08:17

George L Gregory wrote:
07 Apr 2022, 23:44
Topspeed wrote:
David Thompson wrote:
5. Back up your claims
We wish the forum to maintain a high standard. While posting on the forum isn't on the same level as writing an academic text, we want to maintain a balanced level of scholarship.

When you include a quote, cite the source. Include enough information to allow other members to find the source themselves. As a minimum, include the author, title/issue, and page number (for monographs and serials) or a link to the specific article (for websites).
When you cite a source, the source must be of sufficiently high quality to substantiate the nature of the claim. Do not cite racist or supremacist websites, unsourced secondary articles, opinion pieces and reviews (other than as evidence of the opinion or review itself), or similar sources.
If another member challenge one of your claims, you must cite a source for your claim.
If you make a claim that is obviously controversial, you should cite a source immediately.
app.php/rules

That’s not proof of what you are claiming. Other people have also noted you dismissing what historians, linguists, etc, agree on about the Finns being Uralic. Finns, Hungarians and Estonians are Uralics and I don’t know why you keep denying that fact.

Your evasive responses and constant personal attacks show anyone reading your posts that you don’t know what you’re talking about at all.
I have never heard finns being uralic...that is pure nonsense. No linquistic has ever claimed finns being uralic...you are trying to pursue your fantasies.

Topspeed

Post by Topspeed » 08 Apr 2022, 08:17

George L Gregory wrote:
Topspeed wrote:
David Thompson wrote:
5. Back up your claims

app.php/rules

I have never heard finns being uralic...that is pure nonsense. No linquistic has ever claimed finns being uralic...you are trying to pursue your fantasies.

Topspeed

Post by Topspeed » 08 Apr 2022, 08:19

George L Gregory wrote:
07 Apr 2022, 23:41
Topspeed wrote:
06 Apr 2022, 07:28
Source for this ?
Why should I give you the time of day?

Anyway, someone else answered that question a while ago.

viewtopic.php?t=257759&start=15#p2345012

viewtopic.php?p=2385051#p2389031
None of these have nothing about Goebbels dismissing nordic race as superior

Peroxide blonde is not a nordic race.

antwony

Post by antwony » 08 Apr 2022, 10:42

George L Gregory wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 20:04
antwony wrote:
28 Oct 2021, 17:23
I remember reading about how Finnish anthropologists tried to argue that Finns, Estonians and Hungarians were Europeans and not Mongolians.
This was were this, somewhat interesting, topic went off that rails. Stahel write goods histories, but he knows nothing of Finland. Johansen's a troll who got a book published.

Would be interested to see if you can dig up that quote "Mr. Gregory". Any anthropologists who claims Finns, Estonians and Hungarians aren't European but Mongolian is going to get their degree rescinded. Absolute bonkers
He’s a troll because he has published things that you don’t like, yes? You and Topspeed are two peas in a pod.

All Europeans are descended from Asians. Didn’t you know that? Perhaps you should study the history of Europe and historical migrations.

And no, the anthropologists argued that the Europeans who spoke languages that were not Indo-European languages were still Aryans.
Why aren’t I allowed to disagree with a book?

Sure, and all human’s are descended from Africans.

Would be very surprised if any current anthropologist is still using the term Aryan. But as far as I’m concerned, pretty much everything you write is absolute nonsense, so can’t be bothered debating you.
George L Gregory wrote:
Can you provide a quote, made with in the last (say) 50 years from any; linguist, historian or anthropologist claiming Finns are Uralic.

Apart from, for some reason, Topspeed no one interested in the subject, let alone academics have claimed that Finnish language, Eesti, etc. aren’t part of Finno- Ugric family of languages. Saying the people of; Finland, Hungary, etc are Uralic is a different thing. It’s up there with Finns are Mongolian, in terms of, problematism/ stupidity.

Have no knowledge, nor interest, in your DNA/ Eugenics stuff. But your claims that your ideas have any academic credibility are very suspect. Note you still haven’t found any references to support your previous claims that Finnish anthropologists studied whether Finns are Mongolian. Although, to be fair, that sounds like the kind of nonsense research that may have happened in the 1800’s.

However, I have studied Linguistic’s a bit. Linking Fenno- Ugric languages with the Ural mountains is old school which moderns scholars aren’t really concerned with. If you want to go with that, fine.

From what I understand, the link to the Urals was based on a certain type of bee not existing east of Urals. Finnish has a word (mesi) for the pollen which bees require, while the equivalent term in Hungarian is loan- word.

Thusly, some genius(/complete moron) decided that Hungarian must come from east of the Urals while Finnish comes the west of them. I’m guessing this worthwhile engagement of human intelligence happened in the early 1900’s.

50 (a 100???) years before that some total moron noticed that the Finnish word for grasshopper (sirkka) was akris in Greek. Therefore, quite obviously, Finns are a lost tribe of Israel, who picked up the Greek language while they migrated to Finland from Palestine.

Linking languages to locations has, largely, been something for cranks and moronic lunatics to study.

Enjoy your thread, Mr Anime, I can’t be bothered engaging with you anymore.

Sid Guttridge

Post by Sid Guttridge » 08 Apr 2022, 12:34

Hi Antwony,

I take it from your last post that you are conceding that GLG was right all along and you are withdrawing because you are in no position to dispute this.

You are free to disagree with any book you want, but this is the Axis HISTORY Forum and it requires you to defend your propositions with sources when asked.

You have not done so.

Cheers,

Sid.

antwony

Post by antwony » 08 Apr 2022, 13:44

Sid Guttridge wrote:
08 Apr 2022, 12:34
Hi Antwony,

I take it from your last post that you are conceding that GLG was right all along and you are withdrawing because you are in no position to dispute this.

You are free to disagree with any book you want, but this is the Axis HISTORY Forum and it requires you to defend your propositions with sources when asked.

You have not done so.

Cheers,

Sid.
Hi Sid,

I have not been asked for sources.

Instead, many weeks ago, I asked GLG for a source for his claim that a Finnish anthropologist has claimed that Finns aren't Mongols. That shouldn't be very hard for him, as it's patently obvious.

To be generous, GLG has perhaps innocently conflated race/ ethnicity with language.

I am more than willing, unlike GLG, to defend any of my claims with sources.

I am not opting out of engaging with GLG for that reason. Rather, his mixing up of race/ ethnicity with language is, in my opinion, stupid to the point of being quite offensive.

Cheers,

Antony

George L Gregory

Post by George L Gregory » 08 Apr 2022, 23:23

Topspeed wrote:
08 Apr 2022, 08:19
George L Gregory wrote:
07 Apr 2022, 23:41
Topspeed wrote:
06 Apr 2022, 07:28
Source for this ?
Why should I give you the time of day?

Anyway, someone else answered that question a while ago.

viewtopic.php?t=257759&start=15#p2345012

viewtopic.php?p=2385051#p2389031
None of these have nothing about Goebbels dismissing nordic race as superior

Peroxide blonde is not a nordic race.
Blonde hair was a key feature of the supposed “Nordic race”.

Goebbels didn’t just dismiss the Nordic race alleged superiority but mocked Nazi racial theories overall.

George L Gregory

Post by George L Gregory » 08 Apr 2022, 23:25

Topspeed wrote:
08 Apr 2022, 08:17
George L Gregory wrote:
Topspeed wrote:
David Thompson wrote:
5. Back up your claims

app.php/rules

They speak a Uralic language.

You deny that and yet you refuse to state what language branch Finnish belongs to when asked.

George L Gregory

Post by George L Gregory » 08 Apr 2022, 23:27

antwony wrote:
08 Apr 2022, 10:42
George L Gregory wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 20:04
antwony wrote:
28 Oct 2021, 17:23
I remember reading about how Finnish anthropologists tried to argue that Finns, Estonians and Hungarians were Europeans and not Mongolians.
This was were this, somewhat interesting, topic went off that rails. Stahel write goods histories, but he knows nothing of Finland. Johansen's a troll who got a book published.

Would be interested to see if you can dig up that quote "Mr. Gregory". Any anthropologists who claims Finns, Estonians and Hungarians aren't European but Mongolian is going to get their degree rescinded. Absolute bonkers
He’s a troll because he has published things that you don’t like, yes? You and Topspeed are two peas in a pod.

All Europeans are descended from Asians. Didn’t you know that? Perhaps you should study the history of Europe and historical migrations.

And no, the anthropologists argued that the Europeans who spoke languages that were not Indo-European languages were still Aryans.
Why aren’t I allowed to disagree with a book?

Sure, and all human’s are descended from Africans.

Would be very surprised if any current anthropologist is still using the term Aryan. But as far as I’m concerned, pretty much everything you write is absolute nonsense, so can’t be bothered debating you.
George L Gregory wrote:
Can you provide a quote, made with in the last (say) 50 years from any; linguist, historian or anthropologist claiming Finns are Uralic.

Apart from, for some reason, Topspeed no one interested in the subject, let alone academics have claimed that Finnish language, Eesti, etc. aren’t part of Finno- Ugric family of languages. Saying the people of; Finland, Hungary, etc are Uralic is a different thing. It’s up there with Finns are Mongolian, in terms of, problematism/ stupidity.

Have no knowledge, nor interest, in your DNA/ Eugenics stuff. But your claims that your ideas have any academic credibility are very suspect. Note you still haven’t found any references to support your previous claims that Finnish anthropologists studied whether Finns are Mongolian. Although, to be fair, that sounds like the kind of nonsense research that may have happened in the 1800’s.

However, I have studied Linguistic’s a bit. Linking Fenno- Ugric languages with the Ural mountains is old school which moderns scholars aren’t really concerned with. If you want to go with that, fine.

From what I understand, the link to the Urals was based on a certain type of bee not existing east of Urals. Finnish has a word (mesi) for the pollen which bees require, while the equivalent term in Hungarian is loan- word.

Thusly, some genius(/complete moron) decided that Hungarian must come from east of the Urals while Finnish comes the west of them. I’m guessing this worthwhile engagement of human intelligence happened in the early 1900’s.

50 (a 100???) years before that some total moron noticed that the Finnish word for grasshopper (sirkka) was akris in Greek. Therefore, quite obviously, Finns are a lost tribe of Israel, who picked up the Greek language while they migrated to Finland from Palestine.

Linking languages to locations has, largely, been something for cranks and moronic lunatics to study.

Enjoy your thread, Mr Anime, I can’t be bothered engaging with you anymore.
You can dispute what someone wrote in a book but any claim you make then you must provide a source for, it really is that simple.

That’s because I have never claimed that Finns are Mongolians, they are Europeans and speak a Uralic language.

There’s nothing difficult to understand.

Finns, Hungarians and Estonians belong to the same language family - Uralic.

If you’re going to end with snide remarks like “Mr Anime” then I suggest you don’t bother trying to communicate with me anymore.

I suggest you grow up.

George L Gregory

Post by George L Gregory » 08 Apr 2022, 23:28

antwony wrote:
08 Apr 2022, 13:44
Sid Guttridge wrote:
08 Apr 2022, 12:34
Hi Antwony,

You have not done so.

Cheers,

Sid.
Hi Sid,

I have not been asked for sources.

Instead, many weeks ago, I asked GLG for a source for his claim that a Finnish anthropologist has claimed that Finns aren't Mongols. That shouldn't be very hard for him, as it's patently obvious.

To be generous, GLG has perhaps innocently conflated race/ ethnicity with language.

I am more than willing, unlike GLG, to defend any of my claims with sources.

I am not opting out of engaging with GLG for that reason. Rather, his mixing up of race/ ethnicity with language is, in my opinion, stupid to the point of being quite offensive.

Cheers,

Antony
I do not confuse race or ethnicity with language.

Finns are Europeans/white and they speak a Uralic language.

It’s that simple.

George L Gregory

Post by George L Gregory » 08 Apr 2022, 23:39

So for those wishing to deny that Finnish is a Uralic language, what language family does Finnish belong to exactly? None of the people denying that Finnish is a Uralic language seem to be answering what language family it belongs to when asked. Why is that? Instead I just read personal attacks. That speaks volumes really.

Topspeed

Post by Topspeed » 09 Apr 2022, 06:57

Your dear Ural has been mentioned here now only by you....what does it say about you ?

Goebbels never once said nordic race is inferior...you lie.

-------

The movie Silence of the Lambs inspired finns to make TV sketch UGRILAMPAAT ( Ugri Lambs ): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw0Pim8wXpY

Film was translated to finnish as Uhrilampaat...offering lambs.

George L Gregory

Post by George L Gregory » 09 Apr 2022, 10:19

Topspeed wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 06:57
Your dear Ural has been mentioned here now only by you....what does it say about you ?

-------

The movie Silence of the Lambs inspired finns to make TV sketch UGRILAMPAAT ( Ugri Lambs ): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw0Pim8wXpY

I never posted that Goebbels said that the Nordic race was inferior, I posted that he mocked the idea of Nordicism and the racial theories endorsed by other Nazis.

Instead of just posting links to YouTube videos and maps, why don’t you try answering the question?

What language family does Finnish belong to exactly?

Topspeed

Post by Topspeed » 10 Apr 2022, 08:14

George L Gregory wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 10:19
Topspeed wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 06:57

-------

I never posted that Goebbels said that the Nordic race was inferior, I posted that he mocked the idea of Nordicism and the racial theories endorsed by other Nazis.

Instead of just posting links to YouTube videos and maps, why don’t you try answering the question?

What language family does Finnish belong to exactly?
Am I imagining, but does it echo here ?

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”