Ratio of Jews/non-Jews killed in the extermination camps.

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
PODS96

Ratio of Jews/non-Jews killed in the extermination camps.

Post by PODS96 » 13 Apr 2022, 12:10

Hi.

I would like to know if there are documents that separate the murders in the Nazi extermination centers (Auschwitz, Treblinka, Belzec) between Jews and non-Jews.

It is popularly known that the vast majority of those killed were Jews, but I would like to know if there is something more exact and documented.

Hans1906
Banned

Re: Ratio of Jews/non-Jews killed in the extermination camps.

Post by Hans1906 » 13 Apr 2022, 19:12

You could search for the terms "non-Jewish" (G:"nichtjüdisch"), or "mixed marriage" (G:"Mischehe"), which leads to a lot of results...

Unfortunately, I don't understand the meaning of your question, I ask you for a more precise definition..?

Hans
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

PODS96

Post by PODS96 » 13 Apr 2022, 20:27

Hans1906 wrote:
13 Apr 2022, 19:12
You could search for the terms "non-Jewish" (G:"nichtjüdisch"), or "mixed marriage" (G:"Mischehe"), which leads to a lot of results...

Unfortunately, I don't understand the meaning of your question, I ask you for a more precise definition..?

Hans
Well, any information on both terms would be valuable. Although I guess what I'm looking for is nichtjüdisch

In general, what I'm looking for is an ethnic breakdown of the killings in the death camps.

For example:

Treblinka:
Jews killed: 600,000
Non-Jews killed: (Gypsies, Poles, disabled etc...): 100,000

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 13 Apr 2022, 20:58

It's not my job, to lecture you about German history, never.

The mass murder of the Sinti and Roma at that time is a completely different story.

Porajmos https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porajmos# ... %20bekannt.

I won't say another word about it, for private reasons, that don't belong in an internet forum.

Wir haben doch nichts getan ..." - Der Völkermord an den Sinti und Roma · Spuren der NS-Zeit
Video: https://www.ardmediathek.de/video/plane ... ldContent=

Simply horrible, a more than disturbing documentary, there is a lot more, from the 1970s and 1980s, but not here and now, maybe later...

Hans
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

PODS96

Post by PODS96 » 02 May 2022, 04:00

Since not even a specialized forum is capable of giving an answer, I must assume that there is no answer to my question? simply modern history is not yet able to solve this?

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 02 May 2022, 10:57

Hi PODS96,

two more links conc. your question:

Opferzahlen der Konzentrationslager Auschwitz
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opferzahl ... eportierte.

Opferzahlen der durch das nationalsozialistische Regime und seiner Verbündeten von 1933 bis 1945 ermordeten Zivilisten und Kriegsgefangenen
https://de.statista.com/statistik/daten ... hen-opfer/

Sorry, both links are av. only in german language.

I remember an old gentleman from the Sudetenland, "Herold" was his last name.
When my grandfather died in 1967, Herr Herold wrote a message of condolence on a piece of paper that came from his daughter "Rosi's" exercise book.
With a pencil. The family was so poor in the 1960s, there was no stationery, no fountain pen, not even an envelope.

The Herold family was a Sinti/Roma family, my grandmother told me in later years.
The poorest of the poor, but full of warmth, mother "Rosel" always gave us children apples.

Those were completely different times, people still took care of each other, the victims and perpetrators found a way to each other.
Lousy times, I could write a book about all of this, but that's not my job.

Hans

George L Gregory

Post by George L Gregory » 22 Sep 2022, 10:19

PODS96 wrote:
02 May 2022, 04:00
Since not even a specialized forum is capable of giving an answer, I must assume that there is no answer to my question? simply modern history is not yet able to solve this?
Users on this forum aren’t here to research things for you when you can so easily do it yourself. You seem to be blind to research, evidence, facts, etc.

You have shown on another thread that you have some sort of motivate by posting such provocative things.

I strongly suspect that if you don’t get your act together you won’t be on this forum too much longer. Denial isn’t allowed on this forum.

wm

Post by wm » 22 Sep 2022, 21:45

PODS96 wrote:
13 Apr 2022, 12:10
I would like to know if there are documents that separate the murders in the Nazi extermination centers (Auschwitz, Treblinka, Belzec) between Jews and non-Jews.

It is popularly known that the vast majority of those killed were Jews, but I would like to know if there is something more exact and documented.
Death camps and their gas chambers were basically for the Jews only and were specifically built for them.
The only exception, and a small one, was Auschwitz, where the Roma (several thousand) and Soviet POWs (several thousand) were gassed.

In the case of all the others, it was mostly involuntary euthanasia of the unable to work, and maybe they shouldn't even be included because it could have been done without gas chambers, and actually, other methods were frequently employed.
In my opinion, the non-Jews were on the level of a rounding error.

AndyMayan

Post by AndyMayan » 27 Sep 2022, 21:14

PODS96 wrote:
02 May 2022, 04:00
https://pozyczkase.pl/
These questions are hard to answer. I presume that such documents existed and could have been destroyed. Someone may have destroyed them on purpose or it happened by accident. Which does not change the fact that it may still exist.
History takes place before our eyes.

gebhk

Post by gebhk » 28 Sep 2022, 10:12

Hi AndyMayan
These questions are hard to answer.
In fact, I would go further, it is an impossible question to answer because it relies on the assumption that the continuum that is humanity can be pigeonholed into discreet racial groups other than by arbitrary definitions that have no real-world meaning. The underlying assumption is therefore a fallacy and all this sort of pointless discussion does, is perpetuate this fallacy, ironically one which underlay all Nazi racial theory which led to these ghastly consequences.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”