Would executed SS members still have SSO files?

Discussions on archives and similar issues. Hosted by Jeff Leach.
1914FFabian

Would executed SS members still have SSO files?

Post by 1914FFabian » 15 May 2022, 17:59

I'm looking for the info of Hans-Heinrich Gaulke. He worked as a secretary in Amt VI and was executed in Jan. 1943 for violation of §175, according to his successor Maria Schienke. Before that he was promoted to Untersturmführer in Sep. 1940 during his service in IV E (I saw the file of this promotion).
Could someone please help? Thank you all in advance.

smetanin albert

Re: Would executed SS members still have SSO files?

Post by smetanin albert » 20 May 2022, 10:11

No free option
God created the Internet, but devil created Darknet.

1914FFabian

Post by 1914FFabian » 21 May 2022, 13:52

smetanin albert wrote:
20 May 2022, 10:11
No free option
Of course NARA/BArch/trade is not free of charge. I simply want to know in advance whether the file I look for still exists or not. If the executed man's records were already destroyed then for me it would be totally meaningless to pay for R 9361-II/280140 or 005A. I'm willing to pay for trade if anyone makes a reasonable price.

smetanin albert

Post by smetanin albert » 21 May 2022, 14:59

Two forum people have this roll.
It is possible that this case has not been resolved or transferred to the SS Court.

Mori

Post by Mori » 21 May 2022, 15:28

1914FFabian wrote:
21 May 2022, 13:52
smetanin albert wrote:
20 May 2022, 10:11
No free option
Of course NARA/BArch/trade is not free of charge. I simply want to know in advance whether the file I look for still exists or not. If the executed man's records were already destroyed then for me it would be totally meaningless to pay for R 9361-II/280140 or 005A. I'm willing to pay for trade if anyone makes a reasonable price.
Some contributors make it a business to resell archives. But many just share freely. Just so that you know.

smetanin albert

Post by smetanin albert » 21 May 2022, 17:23

Dear Mori,
You're wrong.
One person turned it into a business, but (unfortunately) he is not trading now.
Secondly, I gave the Swede (I won't write the name) about 50 rolls, but he refused me even an equivalent exchange.
Thirdly, there is a rich collector. He doesn't have time to scan the film, he is one of the directors of a service in Europe.
Fourth, you need to look for the right person in Invenio and see that his documents do not exist!!!

I know that to organize a trip for 4 days to Berlin, you need to pay the performer (copier) 500 euros in advance. I do not know free copiers, so many are engaged in begging.
For example, Paypal blocked(stole) all my money. Question - who will pay for the trips in advance?

Mori

Post by Mori » 21 May 2022, 20:50

Have I hit a sore point...?
smetanin albert wrote:
21 May 2022, 17:23
One person turned it into a business, but (unfortunately) he is not trading now.
Secondly, I gave the Swede (I won't write the name) about 50 rolls, but he refused me even an equivalent exchange.
Thirdly, there is a rich collector. He doesn't have time to scan the film, he is one of the directors of a service in Europe.
Without specific details, this really looks like rumors. Especially the one about the "rich collector" who is a "director of a service". It's so vague a statement I can also claim that I am "one of the directors of a service in Europe", if that matters...
I know that to organize a trip for 4 days to Berlin, you need to pay the performer (copier) 500 euros in advance. I do not know free copiers, so many are engaged in begging.
I am a free copier. So now you know one.

At least for the documents available where I live - and there are *many*. I helped several scholars without asking for payment. Documents near where I live are not about your narrow and somewhat disturbing focus on German SS, though.

Return to “Archives”