Charlotte Klein photos and bio

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
Hans1906
Banned

Re: Charlotte Klein photos and bio

Post by Hans1906 » 10 May 2022, 17:59

Keeping these perpetrators in the spotlight will not do anything, it's pointless, all of theme are dead and gone.

You have to see the places of that time, visit them and capture the "atmosphere" there yourself.
Only then can one really understand what was possible.

Taking photos there with a modern camera is out of the question for me personally.

Germany is overflowing with such places, I have seen many, many I will never see myself.

For me it's "self-protection" so as not to despair completely.

SS Helferin videos: https://www.google.com/search?q=ss+helf ... -wiz-video

SS Gefolge: https://www.google.com/search?q=ss+gefo ... =759&dpr=1

Hans
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 10 May 2022, 18:27

The documentary "The Women of Ravensbrück" is outstanding, unique.

Disturbing, hard to take

Hans
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

Uncle John

Post by Uncle John » 11 May 2022, 08:41

VanillaNuns wrote:
10 May 2022, 16:59
Fantastic, thanks for sharing all these and for the added work of adding the names.

I don't suppose you could identify everyone in this photo? It's one of those you posted earlier.

Many thanks again. :thumbsup:
You're welcome Vanilla.
No problem buddy, I'll write names for you.....

Picture from your post #29
Back row, left to right:
Charlotte Klein, Charlotte Pliquet, Lisbeth Fritzner, Gertrude Feist, Irene Haschke, Herta Ehlert and Elizabeth Volkenrath.
Front row, left to right:
Marta Lobelt, Ilse Forster, Ruth Astrosini, Rosina Scheiber, Gertrud Neumann* and the last one....I don't know, sorry.

First Picture from your post #30
Left to right:
Lisbeth Fritzner, Hilde Lisiewitz (wow, never seen her on catwalk before) and Elizabeth Volkenrath.
Second Picture, left to right:
Charlotte Klein, Herta Bothe and Martha Linke.

*Edit: Wrong identification, changed from Hildegard Hahnel to Gertrud Neumann
Last edited by Uncle John on 12 May 2022, 07:24, edited 1 time in total.

VanillaNuns

Post by VanillaNuns » 11 May 2022, 13:03

Thanks. Yes, I can see the strong resemblance to Martha Linke now. She hasn't changed too much in her photographs after arrest.

According to Ancestry (her family maintain a page there going all the way back to the 19th century):

Martha Linke was born in 1908. She died in 1995, in Bergen, Celle, Niedersachsen, Germany, at the age of 87.

Biographies of many of the women detained at Celle can be found here in this topic. Very interesting:

viewtopic.php?t=42637

I post more again later today. 👍 😎

Attilathe43rdhun

Post by Attilathe43rdhun » 14 Jun 2022, 20:44

The badge patch mentioned in post #17, indicates she holds one of the following positions:
Rapportführerin
Arbeitdienstführerin
Hundeführerin
Aresteführerin
Blockleiterin/Blockführerin.

Uncle John

Post by Uncle John » 20 Jun 2022, 10:43

Thanks.
Couldn't find anything about badges on google engine......

Translation:
Rapportführerin ---------- Report Leader
Arbeitdienstführerin ----- Work Service Leader
Hundeführerin ------------- Dog Handler
Aresteführerin ------------- Areste Leader
Blockleiterin/Blockführerin --- Block Manager/Block Leader

Attilathe43rdhun

Post by Attilathe43rdhun » 04 Jul 2022, 17:27

Uncle John, the information comes from a Polish blog/website by the name "THE HISTORY OF THE RAVENSBRÜCK CAMP' , the author is Joanna Czopowicz. She has done a good bit of research along with several publications concerning the Aufseherin and SS-Gefolge. The following link is to the page of her blog were the insignia is described by her based on post war accounts from the female overseers and a document dated March 1944.

https://ssaufseherin.blogspot.com/2018/ ... rczyn.html

She has a very fascinating site.

Hope this helps. :-)

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 06 Jul 2022, 14:54

@ "Uncle John",

This "avatar", this photo, it's hard to believe that something like this is still accepted here at the AHF, unbelievable!

This is a mockery of the many victims, you should crawl into the deepest possible hole on earth, how is something like that still possible...

Hans

"Melbourne", did you ever visit "Neuengamme", "Bergen-Belsen", probably never...

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 06 Jul 2022, 15:09

Why are these deniers still allowed a platform,when at the same time every shit is banned or removed entirely?

Your "standards" are the problem, that's why many internet forums failed, finally.

Hans

Uncle John

Post by Uncle John » 19 Jul 2022, 14:12

Attilathe43rdhun wrote:
04 Jul 2022, 17:27
Uncle John, the information comes from a Polish blog/website by the name "THE HISTORY OF THE RAVENSBRÜCK CAMP' , the author is Joanna Czopowicz. She has done a good bit of research along with several publications concerning the Aufseherin and SS-Gefolge. The following link is to the page of her blog were the insignia is described by her based on post war accounts from the female overseers and a document dated March 1944.

https://ssaufseherin.blogspot.com/2018/ ... rczyn.html

She has a very fascinating site.

Hope this helps. :-)
Wow, that's great!
Thank you so much for the link
Cheers!! :)

Uncle John

Post by Uncle John » 19 Jul 2022, 14:40

The photo I posted a couple of months ago, I wanted to see what it like around the court yard at Celle prison today on Google images.....heh, nothing......because the prison is still in operation....and no pictures! :)
6973_original_ (2).jpg
6973_original_ (2).jpg (93.21 KiB) Viewed 2148 times
I knew some of buildings around the yard except south side, demolished to make way for new modern security improvements.
I figured it out where that picture was taken on satellite Google map with a little help from the sun.....
Location.jpg
There is no "corner" on Google map.

A photo of camp guards stand in front of a steel gate, faced to the sun (around 11am-noon)
Camp Guards.jpg
Found an image from Flickr.com
Yep, that black gate #3....same spot....
See the cobblestones?.....still there.....looks the same!! :)
7247297044_049b5062e5_o - Copy.jpg

Uncle John

Post by Uncle John » 12 Jan 2023, 07:51

Hey,
Um.... just forget about what I said in my last post #41.... (about the courtyard)

My apologies, I just realized that old 1945 courtyard was really very very small, about 26ft wide (8m) and 60ft long (18m)....

The current backyard in that prison is huge, roughy 90ft x 250ft (27m x 76m)
Celle Now.jpg
So, I cannot pinpoint the location on Google Map or Earth....I might open a new topic sometime soon....to get some info to find the location.

OK.....back to this topic, I've found some rare photos from someone else's album.... I've never seen them before....
Charlotte is on the right... behind her is Gertrude Feist, third is Rosina Schieber and last is Marta Löbelt
Last 2 were telephone operators and both have been released without trial...
CK Celle.jpg

dgfred

Post by dgfred » 12 Jan 2023, 17:34

Nice work

Uncle John

Post by Uncle John » 11 Sep 2023, 00:28

Thanks dgfred.

Well, nothing much........here's a colorized mugshot.....
Colorized #36.jpg
I uploaded the original B&W photo on Face Age Detector, and the result is 31 : )
She was 23 when her mugshot was taken in prison.

I found another rare photo belonging to a New Zealand Air Force vet a little while ago, so I've decided to upload this picture. She's in the back, but there's not much to see.
RNZAF.jpg
Interesting, look at a photo I posted #19 last year from a Canadian Air Force guy's album..... Both photos were taken about the same time.....different photo papers.
6976_originalnamed.jpg
I don't know if it was the same photographer. I think they made some copies for some fellow Air Force/Army guys as souvenirs....like small postcards.

Grese_Book_Author

Post by Grese_Book_Author » 15 Dec 2023, 00:32

You look at these photos and try to imagine the terror they caused- I ty to imagine seeing them in person; I wonder if they gave off an aura? Were they friendly? Angry? Did they know their fate? Did they think about their choices?
Can someone here help me with IDing Grese in the groups? Thanks.

Return to “Women in the Reich”