zeppelin armored draisine

Discussions on the Winter War and Continuation War, the wars between Finland and the USSR.
Hosted by Juha Tompuri
hubertlopez

zeppelin armored draisine

Post by hubertlopez » 11 Jan 2020, 17:56

Hello to all, I have a question about the markings of the zeppelin armored draisine in Finland. I cannot read what is excatly written on the side (red arrow), can you help me please ?
best regards
hubert lopez panzerhubert
Attachments
1VrTEZwVG74.jpg
Xmj4tmNvOWA.jpg
FDjInah7-7Q.jpg
FDjInah7-7Q.jpg (39.11 KiB) Viewed 16835 times
gEq56g4f1-w.jpg
G2RUTkF5yyM.jpg

Seppo Koivisto

Re: zeppelin armored draisine

Post by Seppo Koivisto » 18 Jan 2020, 09:43

Earlier post of the Zeppelin-Draisine in Finland.
viewtopic.php?t=189175

In the last photo of this French magazine article, the first word seems to be Heimatbhf and then probably the name of that "home railway station".
https://www.docdroid.net/eJhgvUA/panzer ... 112-40.pdf

Prosper Vandenbroucke

Post by Prosper Vandenbroucke » 20 Jan 2020, 00:25

Hello Seppo, You mean picture number 6 ????
The translation of the french text:
une vue inédite prise en gare de Salla,en Finlande, qui permet de bien voir le camouflage et de deviner des détails des parties horizontales.

A rare view of the engine was token at the railway station of Salla in Finland and show us better the camo and let us be able to see in details the horizontal parts.

Kindly regards from Belgium and sorry for my poor english but's not my native language
Prosper :wink: :wink:

hubertlopez

Post by hubertlopez » 20 Jan 2020, 14:14

Hello Seppo and Prosper, thank you for your answers. In fact, I have this article and the translation in english is exactly the one given by Prosper, so no informations about the markings, heimatbhf may be possible with a sense of humor thank you

Juke

Post by Juke » 06 Dec 2021, 22:43

Hello everyone, the text says "Heimabhf Tuntsa". Home depot/ station Tuntsa.

Tuntsa is a river and a wilderness area, but also the name of the village/place where Salla railwaystation was situated.

Please do not confuse it to Salla of today. They are not same places, Tuntsa was the "old" Salla that is now a part of Russia.

I have tried to dig out anything about this draisine, I still have questions: where was this built and where did it finally end to?

Topspeed

Post by Topspeed » 08 Feb 2022, 06:27

Very ecological ?

hubertlopez

Post by hubertlopez » 31 Jul 2022, 10:55

Juke wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 22:43

Tuntsa is a river and a wilderness area, but also the name of the village/place where Salla railwaystation was situated.

Please do not confuse it to Salla of today. They are not same places, Tuntsa was the "old" Salla that is now a part of Russia.

I have tried to dig out anything about this draisine, I still have questions: where was this built and where did it finally end to?

Hello Juke, sorry for my late answer, I didn't went on this subject for a long time, I thought everything has been said. Thank you for your information, I went on google maps to search this area but was confused by the new salla. I am about to build this draisine in 1/35 from scratch and searched every information about it but these were very hard to find, I have the same questions plus one: it seems it was built by the Finns after the winter war but is it true ? or was it built by the germans after summer 1941 ?

ImageP1010003 (3) by hubert Lopez, sur Flickr

best regards
hubert

Winterwarlego

Post by Winterwarlego » 01 Aug 2022, 08:46

Thats a very nice build I just built the Parola armored train in lego its almost six feet long in 1:45 scale. I have scoured the web and could never find any details about the train you are building. I look forward to your search answers and your scrap build.

hubertlopez

Post by hubertlopez » 01 Aug 2022, 15:30

thanks winterwarlego

Topspeed

Post by Topspeed » 24 Sep 2022, 14:01

hubertlopez wrote:
31 Jul 2022, 10:55
Juke wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 22:43

Hello Juke, sorry for my late answer, I didn't went on this subject for a long time, I thought everything has been said. Thank you for your information, I went on google maps to search this area but was confused by the new salla. I am about to build this draisine in 1/35 from scratch and searched every information about it but these were very hard to find, I have the same questions plus one: it seems it was built by the Finns after the winter war but is it true ? or was it built by the germans after summer 1941 ?

ImageP1010003 (3) by hubert Lopez, sur Flickr

best regards
hubert
I have to ask...my granddaddy would have known he worked for the railroad.

hubertlopez

Post by hubertlopez » 27 Nov 2022, 10:37

Thanks topspeed

Juke

Post by Juke » 14 Mar 2023, 22:04

Hello everybody, I must correct myself. Former railwaystation "Tuntsa" is by the Salla-railway, but the name today is Alakurtti (or Алакуртти actually nowadays).

I have tried to dig information about this thing. I have found some pictures on the internet and eBay. I have no sources, but it is believed to been built by Finns and used by the Germans (the panzertroops of the Heer was operating this). It was used against Russian partisans, or actually it covered a train against partisans attacks. It drove a few minutes or a few hundred meters ahead of the train it was covering.

I'm sorry for the delay, I don't visit here very often.

Juke

Post by Juke » 14 Apr 2023, 23:02

Found the organisation in Wehrmacht. AOK 20 has a panzerspähzug in its organisation.
Attachments
1208_1_orig.jpg

Return to “Winter War & Continuation War”