Does anyone know the source of this quote by chief engineer at Henschel Erwin Arders about the Tiger 2?

Discussions on the vehicles used by the Axis forces. Hosted by Christian Ankerstjerne
Erik1

Does anyone know the source of this quote by chief engineer at Henschel Erwin Arders about the Tiger 2?

Post by Erik1 » 10 Oct 2022, 12:48

Erwin Arders about the Tiger 2's mechanical issues: "The failure occurred because the Tiger II went into production without considering the test results."

Despite being a Tiger-enthusiast I've never seen this quote before. It paints a different picture of Tiger 2's early mechanical issues than Jentz does in his book, as this quote makes it seem particularly plauged with issues, rather than having normal levels of teething issues.

Does anyone know where it's from, and also, are there more quotes/interviews/information from him/others at Henschel about Tiger 1 & 2?

Takao

Re: Does anyone know the source of this quote by chief engineer at Henschel Erwin Arders about the Tiger 2?

Post by Takao » 12 Oct 2022, 12:32

Minor typo correction...Erwin Aders.

If I had to hazard a guess, it would be in...

Erwin Aders. ‘Die Tigertypen E Und B: Entstehung Und Entwicklung’. Panzer Kampftruppen Infanterie, 1961.

Good luck finding a copy. I have seen it used for source material.

Erik1

Re: Does anyone know the source of this quote by chief engineer at Henschel Erwin Arders about the Tiger 2?

Post by Erik1 » 12 Oct 2022, 14:48

Takao wrote:
12 Oct 2022, 12:32

Erwin Aders. ‘Die Tigertypen E Und B: Entstehung Und Entwicklung’. Panzer Kampftruppen Infanterie, 1961.

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, seems it would be difficult...

Erik1

Post by Erik1 » 12 Oct 2022, 16:38

Takao wrote:
12 Oct 2022, 12:32

Does any of that source material concerning Tiger 2 that you've seen talk about reliability, in combat and trials? I'm looking for in-depth information about Tiger 2 reliability, if there is any.

Return to “The Ron Klages Panzer & other vehicles Section”