Request for Identification: NSDAP, SA, NSKK, NSFK, RAD, HJ, usw.

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
Br. James

Re: Request for Identification: NSDAP, SA, NSKK, NSFK, RAD, HJ, usw.

Post by Br. James » 26 Oct 2022, 17:20

Thanks so much for your thoughtful explanation, Mike -- glad to receive it. My initial response was solely based upon the facial similarity of Lutze to that in the color photo, with the added plus of the same number of Service Rings on the visible sleeve.

It's always good to hear from you, my friend, and I trust that all is well with you.

Br. James

Mark Costa

Post by Mark Costa » 26 Oct 2022, 18:58

Br. James wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 22:24
"Viktor Lutze would not be wearing SA Gruppenfuhrer collar tabs in a 1938 photo from the Fuhrerbau in Munich."

Of course that's true, Mark, since Lutze became SA-Stabschef on June 30, 1934. But where does it say that that photo was taken in 1938...??

Br. James
These color photos were taken by Hugo Jaeger at the Fuhrerbau in Munich during a large political leaders gala dinner in late 1938. These photos were published in Life magazine in the 1970's and were later available for purchase from them before they went out of business. I managed to get several hundred of them in higher def.

Here is the original full photo of Raecke sitting with Hess and Wilhelm Schpeman (his back).

Then the last photo shows the Hess table with Schepmann unfortunatley Raecke is hidden behind the women.
Mark Costa
Attachments
tr64.jpg
tr30.jpg

Br. James

Post by Br. James » 26 Oct 2022, 19:19

Thanks for clearing up the question of the date of this photo being 1938, Mark. Indeed a great set of photos; you're very lucky to have gotten them!

Br. James

Michal78

Post by Michal78 » 26 Oct 2022, 20:32

Regarding the 2nd photo, by AH sits F.Sauckel, his deputy H.Siekmeier and H.Lammers. In the background is F.Hofer, maybe his deputy Christoph and F.Schmidt.
Michal

Mark Costa

Post by Mark Costa » 27 Oct 2022, 01:39

Michal78 wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 20:32
Regarding the 2nd photo, by AH sits F.Sauckel, his deputy H.Siekmeier and H.Lammers. In the background is F.Hofer, maybe his deputy Christoph and F.Schmidt.
Michal
Michal:

Yes a rare photo of Christoph as the DG. He served only for a couple of months as an OFFICIAL deputy Gauleiter and only a couple of photos exist of him actually wearing the uniform.

Mark Costa

ttvon

Post by ttvon » 27 Oct 2022, 14:03

Could you mark these two people Christoph and F.Schmidt on the picture?
Thanks!

ttvon

Mark Costa

Post by Mark Costa » 27 Oct 2022, 15:37

ttvon wrote:
27 Oct 2022, 14:03
Could you mark these two people Christoph and F.Schmidt on the picture?
Thanks!

ttvon
DG F Schmidt is sitting in the background far right looking at the camera. Christoph is standing talking to Hofer in the center of the photo.

Mark Costa

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Post by Michael Miller » 27 Oct 2022, 15:52

Br. James wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 17:20
Thanks so much for your thoughtful explanation, Mike -- glad to receive it. My initial response was solely based upon the facial similarity of Lutze to that in the color photo, with the added plus of the same number of Service Rings on the visible sleeve.

It's always good to hear from you, my friend, and I trust that all is well with you.

Br. James
Thank you very much James. All is mostly well. Finally finishing up the manuscript for the second edition of Leaders of the Storm Troops, Volume 1- about 500 pages of text and 1,200 photos. A bloated monstrosity but I think it will be a marked improvement on the first edition. Next in line will be a second edition of Gauleiter 1, the first edition of which was out of print even before the passing of Roger Bender and is thus virtually unobtainable. A reissue of the book, and of Gauleiter 2 after that, will give me a chance to add a vast quantity of data and imagery that I didn't have the first time around.

Best wishes,
~ Mike

Br. James

Post by Br. James » 27 Oct 2022, 16:22

Hi Mike,

Thanks so much for your update -- very interesting indeed! Do I assume correctly that the "Gauleiter" series is complete at three volumes, or is there a Volume 4 yet to come? As for the "Leaders of the Storm Troops" series, can't wait to see what the revised Volume 1 looks like...though at 650 pages, the original Volume 1 was quite extensive! I suppose producing an even-more-exhaustive Volume 1 is appropriate, before producing a Volume 2 in that series.

Best regards to you, as always, and do let us know how to order whichever volume comes out next!

Br. James

Halfdan S.

Post by Halfdan S. » 27 Oct 2022, 19:12

Michael Miller wrote:
27 Oct 2022, 15:52
Thank you very much James. All is mostly well. Finally finishing up the manuscript for the second edition of Leaders of the Storm Troops, Volume 1- about 500 pages of text and 1,200 photos. A bloated monstrosity but I think it will be a marked improvement on the first edition. Next in line will be a second edition of Gauleiter 1, the first edition of which was out of print even before the passing of Roger Bender and is thus virtually unobtainable. A reissue of the book, and of Gauleiter 2 after that, will give me a chance to add a vast quantity of data and imagery that I didn't have the first time around.

Best wishes,
~ Mike
Nice, looking forward to it :-)

Regards
Halfdan S.

AlifRafikKhan

Post by AlifRafikKhan » 28 Oct 2022, 15:14

FLTR: Josef Wagner, Wilhelm Scheppmann, unknown, Adolf Hitler, Viktor Lutze.
Attachments
hugo jaeger hitler lutze sa sturmabteilung nazi rally.jpg
hugo jaeger hitler lutze sa sturmabteilung nazi rally.jpg (143.91 KiB) Viewed 577 times

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 28 Oct 2022, 16:31

"Wir sind Hattinger: Wilhelm Schepmann"
Link: https://www.lokalkompass.de/hattingen/c ... nn_a747511 (Bio)

Hattingen: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hattingen

By the way, his surname was "Schepmann", one "P" too many naturally leads to wrong results on the internet, these are the small subtleties of the German language... :wink:

Hans
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

Br. James

Post by Br. James » 29 Oct 2022, 16:03

"FLTR: Josef Wagner, Wilhelm Scheppmann, unknown, Adolf Hitler, Viktor Lutze."

To AlifRafikKhan: The "Unknown" in that photo from that 1932 photo appears to be Max Jüttner.

Also, I agree with Hans1906 that it's spelled "Schepmann."

Cheers,

Br. James

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Post by Michael Miller » 29 Oct 2022, 18:47

AlifRafikKhan wrote:
28 Oct 2022, 15:14
FLTR: Josef Wagner, Wilhelm Scheppmann, unknown, Adolf Hitler, Viktor Lutze.:
A bit more information:

Dortmund, 09.07.1933: “Aufmarsch der SA-Gruppe Westfalen” in Dortmund (also known as the “SA-
Westfalentreffen”). Left to right: Josef Wagner, Schepmann, unknown, Hitler, Adolf Hühnlein (behind the Führer), and Viktor Lutze.

Best wishes,
~ Mike

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Post by Michael Miller » 29 Oct 2022, 18:52

Br. James wrote:
27 Oct 2022, 16:22
Hi Mike,

Thanks so much for your update -- very interesting indeed! Do I assume correctly that the "Gauleiter" series is complete at three volumes, or is there a Volume 4 yet to come? As for the "Leaders of the Storm Troops" series, can't wait to see what the revised Volume 1 looks like...though at 650 pages, the original Volume 1 was quite extensive! I suppose producing an even-more-exhaustive Volume 1 is appropriate, before producing a Volume 2 in that series.

Best regards to you, as always, and do let us know how to order whichever volume comes out next!

Br. James
Hi, James.

There will eventually be a fourth Gauleiter volume, covering the many pre-Anschluß Gauleiters of the "Hitlerbewegung" in Austria as well as all of the stellvertrender Gauleiters.

By the way, I will always be grateful for the wonderful and eloquent foreword you wrote for Volume 3.

Best wishes and thanks again,
~ Mike

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”