Nazir Hodic

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
Kurtsuljo

Nazir Hodic

Post by Kurtsuljo » 11 Oct 2022, 05:38

Does anyone know what happened to the Albanian ss-sturmmann nazir Hodici? He was served in the 28th Regiment of handschar i believe, was he transferred to the 21st mountain division skanderbeg?.

FlyingStukas

Re: Nazir Hodic

Post by FlyingStukas » 05 Nov 2022, 22:19

Hello and :welcome:

As far as the Albanians of the Handschar Division concerned, they were incorporated into the Division from the start and served in the I/28. They were disengaged in mid-April 1944 and the I/28 was sent by rail to Pristina for the formation of the new SS-Division Skanderbeg. As far as Nazir Hodzic is concerned, the Volksbund does not mention his name among those KIA. We can only presume he was among those transferred to the Skanderbeg and potentially survived the war. All the best.

Kurtsuljo

Re: Nazir Hodic

Post by Kurtsuljo » 09 Nov 2022, 01:12

FlyingStukas wrote:
05 Nov 2022, 22:19
Hello and :welcome:

As far as the Albanians of the Handschar Division concerned, they were incorporated into the Division from the start and served in the I/28. They were disengaged in mid-April 1944 and the I/28 was sent by rail to Pristina for the formation of the new SS-Division Skanderbeg. As far as Nazir Hodzic is concerned, the Volksbund does not mention his name among those KIA. We can only presume he was among those transferred to the Skanderbeg and potentially survived the war. All the best.
Thanks! :D

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”