news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Discussions on other historical eras.
User avatar
Cult Icon
Member
Posts: 4481
Joined: 08 Apr 2014 19:00

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Cult Icon » 06 Nov 2022 04:20

Interesting 10/22 article suggesting various reforms of Russian paratroops as a result of extensive combat experience in Ukraine.
Numerous VDV combat battalions are now deployed at Kherson, west of the Dnipro.

https://topwar-ru.translate.goog/202693 ... x_tr_hl=en

User avatar
peeved
Member
Posts: 9109
Joined: 01 Jul 2007 07:15
Location: Finland

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by peeved » 06 Nov 2022 10:00

Reportedly over 500 Wanker Group prison recruits dead by mid-October:
https://theins.ru/en/news/256722

Image

Markus

User avatar
Cult Icon
Member
Posts: 4481
Joined: 08 Apr 2014 19:00

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Cult Icon » 06 Nov 2022 13:55

Russian Spetsnaz University (Gudermes) training Chechen volunteers. This is a commercial trying to recruit more of them:

https://vk.com/milinfolive?z=video-1247 ... -123538639

User avatar
peeved
Member
Posts: 9109
Joined: 01 Jul 2007 07:15
Location: Finland

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by peeved » 06 Nov 2022 16:19

The Spaznazis have university level training? Are they testing if an unlimited number of monkeys, given typewriters and sufficient time, will eventually produce a functioning plan to take over Kyiv?

Markus

Nemmexe
Member
Posts: 90
Joined: 03 Oct 2021 19:39
Location: Tehran, Iran

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Nemmexe » 06 Nov 2022 21:00

Markus,

Nope, they're doing what they have done in Iran, for 43 years...

Mixing fanatics ideology with modern science to brainwash more terorists.

The Chechens are Muslim and a great danger for free and advanced western and central Europa. It doesn't matter if you [Ukrainian Fighters] want to take Russians as prisoner, but show no mercy for those bloodsuckers. Execute them, wherever you find them.

Just have a look at Iran, if you don't believe me, or want to know the reason.

User avatar
Cult Icon
Member
Posts: 4481
Joined: 08 Apr 2014 19:00

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Cult Icon » 06 Nov 2022 21:05

Many LPR troops training in the field, looks like company sized:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC8tHSWeWec&t=707s

Gooner1
Member
Posts: 2792
Joined: 06 Jan 2006 12:24
Location: London

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Gooner1 » 06 Nov 2022 22:09

The Boyars making a balls of it again

Image

Tom Peters
Member
Posts: 1550
Joined: 04 Sep 2004 21:18
Location: GA

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Tom Peters » 06 Nov 2022 22:25

Cult Icon wrote:
05 Nov 2022 06:10

During the fighting in the spring/summer their leaders claimed up to 300, 200, 150 Ukrainian soldiers killed a day. If the Ukrainians suffered this much on average (300-150 killed a day) over the past 60 days of strategic offensive that would be 18,000- 9,000 dead Ukrainians and 104,000- 54,000 casualties over the past 2 months. NATO trained" troops were 70,000, they should have suffered considerable attrition. Then perhaps, sometime this month they will make another concentrated push for Kherson with what they have left before the onset of winter and before too many Russian reservists populate Ukraine.
Once again you are trying to extrapolate a small period of high intensity warfare into a much longer time period. We went over this months ago.

Here is one thing we can all agree on from public info:

Ukraine cancelled the latest conscription drive
Russia is recruiting from prisons
Russia had ~700,000 fighting age people flee the country to avoid being drafted

So who has the manpower issues ? Hmmmm......

Mad Dog

Tom Peters
Member
Posts: 1550
Joined: 04 Sep 2004 21:18
Location: GA

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Tom Peters » 06 Nov 2022 22:29

johnwilliamhunter wrote:
05 Nov 2022 13:56
[
"probably", "likely", I'd take this to mean they have no evidence and are making it up. Russia say they same things about Ukraine, but I see no evidence of low morale or reluctance to fight on either side.
How about the evidence of RU units leaving their equipment behind and running away ? The RU have kindly donated so very much equipment to the UKR.

Poor RU morale and cohesion is a given considering the RU performance over the last 8 months.

Mad Dog

Tom Peters
Member
Posts: 1550
Joined: 04 Sep 2004 21:18
Location: GA

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Tom Peters » 06 Nov 2022 22:34

Cult Icon wrote:
05 Nov 2022 16:53
My favorite disclaimer:

"Note: ISW does not receive any classified material from any source, uses only publicly available information, and draws extensively on Russian, Ukrainian, and Western reporting and social media as well as commercially available satellite imagery and other geospatial data as the basis for these reports. References to all sources used are provided in the endnotes of each update. "

Meaning that neocon ISW is free to make up any "analysis" they want under the guise of expert, informed opinion backed by special, higher quality and non-propagandized sources. Everyday they make statements that have no factual basis, but sound smart and reasonable to their target audience, who are typically people who never read a military operations book in their whole life :lol:
Hey everyone look at Cult Icon - he just pulled another RU talking point out. You see, "Neocon" is another RU troll farm buzzword and used by trolls in other forums. Good job comrade ! Finally earning that paycheck.

The fact is, ISW points out its sourcing for all to see. They use the best info they have available. Unlike, Cult Icon.

At the end of the day, if you had to trust an estimate put out by the US/British/ISW or Cult Icon.....who would you believe ? I would wager that all of those organizations are far more knowledgable than our Cult Icon.

Mad Dog

Tom Peters
Member
Posts: 1550
Joined: 04 Sep 2004 21:18
Location: GA

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Tom Peters » 06 Nov 2022 22:37

peeved wrote:
05 Nov 2022 18:53
"Enemy at the Gates, Soviet Charge Scene"
Cult Icon wrote:
05 Nov 2022 18:29
This was the primary source?
Since you are mathematically challenged it is not surprising to find that you are unable to put two and two together, and think that Western intelligence services use poor works of fiction as primary sources.
However the Orc pre-aggression "intel" and special needs murdering operation itself might just as well have been based on The Muppets Take Manhattan.

Markus
Please recall that the western sources predicted almost to the day when RU invaded UKR.

Mad Dog

Tom Peters
Member
Posts: 1550
Joined: 04 Sep 2004 21:18
Location: GA

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Tom Peters » 06 Nov 2022 22:42

Russian artillery latest weapon:

https://t.me/m0sc0wcalling/13377

RU units using D-1 howitzers....the 1943 era weapon.

Think the RU arent running out of weapons ?

One thing the RU right did was to convince the DPR to recruit from prisons:

https://vk.com/milinfolive?w=wall-123538639_3148338

Off the front ! Medals for all ! (who survive....) Just dont think you can retreat.....

Mad Dog

User avatar
peeved
Member
Posts: 9109
Joined: 01 Jul 2007 07:15
Location: Finland

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by peeved » 07 Nov 2022 00:26

Tom Peters wrote:
06 Nov 2022 22:42
Russian artillery latest weapon:

https://t.me/m0sc0wcalling/13377

RU units using D-1 howitzers....the 1943 era weapon.

Think the RU arent running out of weapons ?
🇺🇦 Ukraine Weapons Tracker
@UAWeapons
#Ukraine: Yesterday a video appeared allegedly showing "Russian troops transporting an ancient D-1 howitzer" - that's not true.

We tracked down the source- it was posted by a Ukrainian soldier and doesn't show a D-1, but a Ukrainian M-46 130mm field gun, donated by Croatia.

4:29 PM · Oct 24, 2022
·Twitter Web App
Looks like Croatian refurbishment effort might have been a bit inefficient.

Markus

User avatar
peeved
Member
Posts: 9109
Joined: 01 Jul 2007 07:15
Location: Finland

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by peeved » 07 Nov 2022 01:02

Tom Peters wrote:
06 Nov 2022 22:25
Here is one thing we can all agree on from public info:

Ukraine cancelled the latest conscription drive
Russia is recruiting from prisons.
And pretty soon from amongst former prisoners previously excluded:
Russian President Vladimir Putin has signed a law to conscript citizens with unexpunged or outstanding convictions for murder, robbery, larceny, drug trafficking and other serious crimes under the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation to be called up for military service to mobilize.

This makes it possible to mobilize hundreds of thousands of people who have been sentenced to probation or have recently been released from colonies who were previously forbidden to serve.

The only group of criminals exempted from the decree are those who committed sex crimes against minors, treason, spying or terrorism. Also excluded are those convicted of the attempted assassination of a government official, hijacking an aircraft, extremist activity and illegal handling of nuclear materials and radioactive substances.
Child rapists and extremists exempted; Quite an improvement compared to the current Orc armed farces of evil.

If the ones who just attempted assassination of a government official are exempted, does that mean that the ones who successfully assassinated Orcficials are considered superior material for the Rapist army?

Markus

johnwilliamhunter
Member
Posts: 171
Joined: 22 Jul 2003 14:56
Location: Australia

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by johnwilliamhunter » 07 Nov 2022 05:55

Tom Peters wrote:
06 Nov 2022 22:29

How about the evidence of RU units leaving their equipment behind and running away ? The RU have kindly donated so very much equipment to the UKR.

Poor RU morale and cohesion is a given considering the RU performance over the last 8 months.

Mad Dog
That is a consideration that relates to moral, and I think an effect on moral is a given, the fact of the retreat I think is more likely due to force strength than moral, the majority of what I see in videos and written by Russian soldiers doesn't suggest low moral.

If the loss of territory and equipment was such a big factor to moral, one could assume the same of the Ukrainian army, but likewise the majority of what I see in videos and written by Ukrainian soldiers shows they still have high spirits.

Over the last 8 months the Russian army took about 100,000km2+, and still hold about 90,000km2 of that, the Ukrainian army retook about 10,000km2+ in the same time, forgive my very rough numbers, that doesn't suggest to me poorer performance of the Russian army than the Ukrainian.

Return to “Other eras”