The Kh101 strike shut down a lot of Ukraine's energy grid for the time being. The mainstream US/UK media is making it look like the 'siege of Leningrad'.
Watling's RUSI paper:
https://static.rusi.org/special-report- ... -web_0.pdf
• Russian electronic warfare (EW) is denying Ukraine a sufficiently fast kill chain to destroy
• Russian artillery is fixing the Ukrainian military and preventing the Ukrainians from
concentrating to undertake offensive manoeuvre.
• Russian cruise missiles are imposing a high economic and political cost on Ukraine.
• A shortage of skilled infantry and armoured operators is limiting Ukraine’s
offensive combat power.
• Limited staff capacity is limiting Ukraine’s ability to plan and execute combined
operations at scale.
Ukraine’s key capability requirements are:
• Anti-radiation seekers for loitering munitions to suppress or destroy Russian EW complexes.
• Multiple launch rocket systems (MLRS) to target and destroy Russian logistics and
ammunition stockpiles to starve Russian artillery of ammunition.
• 155-mm howitzers and ammunition to prevent Russian troop concentration and support
Ukrainian troop concentrations.
• Secure communications systems.
• Anti-tank guided weapons and man-portable air-defence systems (MANPADS).
• Protected mobility to enable Ukrainian troops to manoeuvre under artillery threat.
• Point defences to protect critical infrastructure.