news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Discussions on other historical eras.
Cult Icon

Re: news from Russo-Ukraine Front

Post by Cult Icon » 09 Dec 2022, 16:35

Wars are won at the strategic dimensions, not at the tactical or even operational dimension.

Ukraine, like Germany in 1944-1945 (who also boasted about 'high tank kills' all the time and fooled a portion of their public that they are winning with Ukrainian/US/UK-like propaganda) is currently losing the war. Their losses from a strategic perspective are much greater than Russia's on a proportional basis.

Kherson and Kharkiv should be seen as their own version of "Autumn Mist"/Ardennes offensive.

In what scenario would Ukraine be winning the war? Their chance to reverse their situation comes in 2023.

Once again, the same posters exhibit poor understanding of the war in Ukraine, poor level of knowledge, and don't use critical thinking.

Cult Icon

Post by Cult Icon » 10 Dec 2022, 00:00

Continuation of the previous set, self-propelled MANPAD vs. practice drones.

https://rutube.ru/video/a9280235c5a421b ... c024db7e0/

Dmitry Kopytov has been in the special operation zone since the first day. During this time, the paratrooper was awarded two Orders of Courage, but he tells about his exploits modestly, with a share of embarrassment.

💥 Dmitry received the first Order of Courage for his dedication in the assault on the settlement. In the rifle battle, he was wounded, but refused to leave the battlefield and continued to control the personnel. Having contacted the higher command, he directed aviation and artillery to the enemy positions. With precision strikes, the enemy was destroyed.

◽️ Having recovered from his wound, Dmitry, without hesitation, returned to service. I did not see any other way, because he is fighting for the truth, which means that he needs to bring the matter to an end.

💥 Later, the landing unit of Dmitry Kopytov in a stubborn battle that lasted two days, knocked the enemy out of the village. The nationalists, not wanting to accept defeat, twice attacked with superior forces. The Ukrainians decided to counter the skill of the Airborne Forces fighters by throwing a column of 22 units of equipment and 100 personnel into battle. However, the enemy's plans failed, the enemy was defeated and fled, losing 5 armored personnel carriers, 2 tanks and up to 40 people killed.

https://rutube.ru/video/7fea513158c3227 ... 759f6610e/

This paratrooper is wearing the full armored suit, including shoulder armor

Gooner1

Post by Gooner1 » 10 Dec 2022, 00:04

Nice!
Lockheed Martin COO Frank St John said the company currently produces about 7,500 rockets per year but it can go higher.

‘We have capacity to produce 10,000 rockets a year’ for US and export customers such as Ukraine, St John told CBS News, adding that Lockheed Martin is conducting analysis to ‘potentially take that up to 12,000-14,000 rockets a year’.

LaPlante said that an expanded production rate can be sustained ‘as long as the demand is needed… We can keep production lines open for 30 years.’
https://www.shephardmedia.com/news/land ... ion-boost/

Tom Peters

Post by Tom Peters » 10 Dec 2022, 00:17

ljadw wrote:
09 Dec 2022, 16:09

That the RA is losing does not prove the incompetence of the Russian military leaders,but it proves the quantitative superiority of the Ukrainians .
Would you prefer "The RU are relatively incompetent compared to the UKR" ?
ljadw wrote:
The notions best, better are meaningless words .A US attack against Ukraine would not have better results .
Ignoring the fact that a US attack on UKR is pure conjecture, I would estimate a US/NATO attack would be long over.
ljadw wrote:
And it is a public knowledge that the Western media receive their information from Langley
No, it actually isnt. Only conspiracy-added fools and Q-tards believe that.
ljadw wrote:
And why did the media publish them ?
Because the west media can run with oddball stories that sometimes turn out to be untrue. The western media is largely free, the RU media...isnt even media anymore, just Putins mouthpiece.

Mad Dog

Cult Icon

Post by Cult Icon » 10 Dec 2022, 00:34

Reservists and volunteers assemble with their families:

https://vk.com/milinfolive?z=video-1235 ... -123538639

Tom Peters

Post by Tom Peters » 10 Dec 2022, 00:39

Cult Icon wrote:
09 Dec 2022, 16:35
Wars are won at the strategic dimensions, not at the tactical or even operational dimension.
So this is what intellectual sophistry looks like.

In WW2 the Allies won the war because they won the tactical and operational battles. Without the tactical and operational victories, the strategic bombing and intelligence advantages would of not won the war.
Cult Icon wrote:
Ukraine, like Germany in 1944-1945 (who also boasted about 'high tank kills' all the time and fooled a portion of their public that they are winning with Ukrainian/US/UK-like propaganda) is currently losing the war.
no one is winning. Both are losing.

UKR economy is wrecked, and they are locked into a war of survival.
The RU economy is being wrecked and has suffered massive losses they cannot afford, both on the battlefield and off. Even if the war was to end in a RU victory tomorrow, it would take RU decades to rebuild what it has lost both economically and militarily.

UKR is in a fight for survival, and they intend to fight. RU is not fighting to survive and the performance of the RU soldiers is a testament to that.

Who will lose first ? That I cannot say. But we can say UKR is punching over its weight and making RU suffer for its transgressions. They continue to fight 9 months into Putins 3 day war.
Cult Icon wrote:
Their losses from a strategic perspective are much greater than Russia's on a proportional basis.
What are these strategic losses ? The economy ? Sure, the UKR economy is wrecked, but as long as the west keeps floating it, it doesnt matter.
The military ? The UKR military has mobilized a far greater percentage of its population available to fight. RU just lost 700,000 military age people running out of country.
The political ? UKR is clearly winning that. The economic might of the west is supporting UKR, and RU cant begin to compare to that.

You seem to think RU = Soviet Union. Long gone are the days of million man armies available for use. RU has to recruit from prisons to make up for greivious losses. How pathetic is that for a nation fighting an entirely optional war ?
Cult Icon wrote:
Kherson and Kharkiv should be seen as their own version of "Autumn Mist"/Ardennes offensive.
Says who ? Do you have any proof that UKR losses were severe ? UKR losses in Kharkov were relatively light given the rapid movement of the front line. You have been told this many times, but never address this.

instead, you keep vomiting forth the RU MOD lines and post pretty pictures of RU Potemkin shoots. To what end - the RU military performance is sad and underserving of any praise. Massive reformations will be required to make it a viable first world fighting force.
Cult Icon wrote:
In what scenario would Ukraine be winning the war? Their chance to reverse their situation comes in 2023.
UKR remains an independent country not subject to the hostile intentions of dictators like Putin. EU and NATO member if they choose to do so.

Thats a win. No one expects UKR to take Moscow.
Cult Icon wrote:
Once again, the same posters exhibit poor understanding of the war in Ukraine, poor level of knowledge, and don't use critical thinking.
Your understanding of WW2 is poor, much less the RU-UKR war. Your idea of "critical thinking" is to rehash more RU MOD bilge.

Some much pretentiousness on your part.

Mad Dog

paulrward

Post by paulrward » 10 Dec 2022, 02:52

Hello All ;

Mr. Cult Icon posted :
Reservists and volunteers assemble with their families:

Here are some Russian Reservists and Volunteers with their families.....
Russian Reservists.jpg
Russian Soldiers with their families

Respectfully ;

Paul R. Ward
Information not shared, is information lost
Voices that are banned, are voices who cannot share information....
Discussions that are silenced, are discussions that will occur elsewhere !

Cult Icon

Post by Cult Icon » 10 Dec 2022, 03:17

paulrward wrote:
10 Dec 2022, 02:52
Hello All ;

Mr. Cult Icon posted :
I can post pictures of Ukrainian corpses and funerals (gigantic plots for their enormous numbers of dead) but I have higher standards than you and the sick old 'cold war' warriors :lol:

Should conscript the lot of you to the Ukraine to man the trenches with the other 65 year olds. Various humanitarian organizations provide insulin and diabetes medication for Ukraine. :lol:

You are lucky that I didn't report you (the other nutty old chickenhawk gits are on my ignore list) for posting graphic content as I don't want to see this thread closed. You are also now on the ignore list until you expire.

Tom Peters

Post by Tom Peters » 10 Dec 2022, 03:36

Cult Icon wrote:
10 Dec 2022, 03:17

Should conscript the lot of you to the Ukraine to man the trenches with the other 65 year olds. Various humanitarian organizations provide insulin and diabetes medication for Ukraine. :lol:
Old as these guys ?
oldRU.jpg
oldRU.jpg (59.96 KiB) Viewed 278 times
I would say the RU should conscript you to man the RU lines, but that would be redundant, they already apparently recruited you.
Cult Icon wrote:
You are lucky that I didn't report you (the other nutty old chickenhawk gits are on my ignore list) for posting graphic content as I don't want to see this thread closed. You are also now on the ignore list until you expire.
Oh noes ! Shriek ! Horror ! yet another persons on Cultie's "hurt his feelings" list.

I certainly dont want this thread closed. Endless fun at the expense of the Putin-bots.

Mad Dog

peeved

Post by peeved » 10 Dec 2022, 03:47

Cult Icon wrote:
10 Dec 2022, 00:00
Dmitry Kopytov has been in the special operation zone since the first day. During this time, the paratrooper was awarded two Orders of Courage, but he tells about his exploits modestly, with a share of embarrassment.

💥 Dmitry received the first Order of Courage for his dedication in the assault on the settlement. In the rifle battle, he was wounded, but refused to leave the battlefield and continued to control the personnel. Having contacted the higher command, he directed aviation and artillery to the enemy positions. With precision strikes, the enemy was destroyed.

◽️ Having recovered from his wound, Dmitry, without hesitation, returned to service. I did not see any other way, because he is fighting for the truth, which means that he needs to bring the matter to an end.

💥 Later, the landing unit of Dmitry Kopytov in a stubborn battle that lasted two days, knocked the enemy out of the village. The nationalists, not wanting to accept defeat, twice attacked with superior forces. The Ukrainians decided to counter the skill of the Airborne Forces fighters by throwing a column of 22 units of equipment and 100 personnel into battle. However, the enemy's plans failed, the enemy was defeated and fled, losing 5 armored personnel carriers, 2 tanks and up to 40 people killed.
Cult Icon wrote:
... parroting propaganda from the Ruffian terrorist state waging a criminal war and glorifying its armed forces of evil which well could be classified criminal organisations.

Markus

Cult Icon

Post by Cult Icon » 10 Dec 2022, 03:58

https://cesium.com/ion/stories/viewer/? ... 1ef14016c4

Some people here are blood thirsty/very xenophobic/murderous towards the Russians and forget that war is a tragedy for all participants:

Satellite images page 2-5 for Mariupol grave expansion.

peeved

Post by peeved » 10 Dec 2022, 04:33

Cult Icon wrote:

I can post pictures of Ukrainian corpses and funerals (gigantic plots for their enormous numbers of dead) but I have higher standards than you and the sick old 'cold war' warriors
Sure, supporting a criminal war waged by a terrorist state and its armed forces of evil with high war criminal content is a surefire sign of high standards.
Cult Icon wrote:
Should conscript the lot of you to the Ukraine to man the trenches with the other 65 year olds. Various humanitarian organizations provide insulin and diabetes medication for Ukraine.
Once again:
peeved wrote:
02 Dec 2022, 00:05
Cult Icon wrote:
01 Dec 2022, 23:30
You should take a trip to Ukraine along with the other 60-90 year old tough guys here- the Ukrainians would give all of you a AKM and a vest to hide your pot bellies
If you are such a fit and young pro-Orc troll you should put your mouth where your money is and go fight for the Evil Empire. Russkies might give you a rusty AKM and a paintball vest :lol:
Unlike you, more honest people have no need to conceal their age or nationality in their profile.
Cult Icon wrote:
You are lucky that I didn't report you (the other nutty old chickenhawk gits are on my ignore list) for posting graphic content as I don't want to see this thread closed.
Such a holier-than-thou attittude from a servant of evil especially considering your own transgressions:
Do not insult other members. This includes, but is not limited to, personal remarks and insults, negative remarks or generalizations about ethnic, national, or cultural groups, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, and ridicule over level of experience, knowledge, or language skills.
When you cite a source, the source must be of sufficiently high quality to substantiate the nature of the claim.
If another member challenge one of your claims, you must cite a source for your claim.
Don't deny the Holocaust or glorify dictatorships
Do not try to moderate a thread yourself.
Since this thread has been pretty much unmoderated some over-the-top content is to be expected but as long as it's for a good cause I see no harm in it. However if it's pro-Orc...

Markus

peeved

Post by peeved » 10 Dec 2022, 04:56

Cult Icon wrote:
10 Dec 2022, 03:58
Some people here are blood thirsty/very xenophobic/murderous towards the Russians and forget that war is a tragedy for all participants
You are blood thirsty/very xenophobic/murderous towards the Ukrainians and forget that the war is the fault of the imperialistic Ruffian terrorist state and could end easily if the Orcs stopped their aggression and pulled out, as pro-Ukrainian posts regarding the matter I've seen tend to agree. You instead glorify the armed forces of evil and savour in the enslavement of Ukraine:
Cult Icon wrote:
28 Nov 2022, 18:39
Ukraine will lose the war, the endless excuses are of no value.

Like WW2- just give Russia time to leverage its vast material and manpower superiority.
Markus

VanillaNuns

Post by VanillaNuns » 10 Dec 2022, 07:13

I agree peevd / Markus

The invasion was obviously now under false pretence. Putin and his army have committed unspeakable, appalling war crimes and terror bombed civilians.

I do want to see Crimea remain part of Russia though. It is historical Russian land. However, if it is lost in battle then they only have themselves to blame.

I wonder if the Russians would be so keen to allow a referendum on the fate of Kaliningrad which was stolen from Germany in 1945. I would bet not.

I had great respect for Russia. I enjoyed watching the military May Day parades on Red Square. I still have great respect for the "ordinary" Russian civilian. But my prior admiration of Putin and his armies is gone.

I have seen the light. Yes, I was fooled by the propaganda initially in the early days, but I now know how brutal and bloodthirsty the Russian political and military leadership are.

Still don't like Zelensky though. He's a showman who likes dressing up as "GI Joe" to play for the cameras with his populist rhetoric. His policies are costing the lives of innocent Ukrainians.

He wasn't too popular either just before the election. All sorts of rumblings about freedom of speech restrictions, human rights issues, press censorship, widespread corruption and his apathy and inability to implement the Minsk Accords. Not a nice guy. Comes across as stroppy, petulant, condescending and arrogant depending on his mood.

Like Churchill during WW2, he will serve his purpose and then possibly be voted out of power come the aftermath.

Were it not for the 2022 war, he would have passed into history as a typical greedy, corrupt and incompetent politician with no great accomplishments to his name.

Anyway, as you were gentlemen... 😉 👍

Cult Icon

Post by Cult Icon » 10 Dec 2022, 07:28

peeved wrote:
10 Dec 2022, 04:56
Cult Icon wrote:
10 Dec 2022, 03:58
Some people here are blood thirsty/very xenophobic/murderous towards the Russians and forget that war is a tragedy for all participants
You are blood thirsty/very xenophobic/murderous towards the Ukrainians

Markus
Incorrect, you are deluded. I am focused on analyzing war, not concerned with emotions like you and the rest. You too are on my ignore list as you keep on quoting my posts with inane nonsense.

Return to “Other eras”