1945 Lost German girl

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
drum_dude2

Re: 1945 Lost German girl

Post by drum_dude2 » 06 Nov 2022, 15:19

Hey all,

I have nothing new to add but I am totally amazed with this thread, of which I spent most of last night reading and hoping to find out her identity. Alas it wasn’t to be, but hats off to those who did the research on her identity and the location too.

Also, under my original account drum_dude I did start a thread here about her back in Jan 2006. Obviously it didn’t get as much attention as this thread but I assumed no-one was interested. How wrong was I, eh? Here’s what I posted all those years ago:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=93602

Unfortunately, I can’t log in as drum_dude due to not remembering my password and my old email address is long gone. So I registered today with drum_dude2 just to let you all know how amazed I am that only a few short years later, another thread started and exploded with info. However, I guess we’ll never find out who she was.

Thanks all

d_d

CarlosXander

Post by CarlosXander » 13 Nov 2022, 16:22

hello Drum
at least you are the first to try to find the identity of that woman, as you can see nothing has been found yet
Cheers

wellspring

Post by wellspring » 24 Nov 2022, 02:52

I read a witness report in a German newspaper about a refugee who survived her escape passing the north-east of Germany and the Czechoslovakia in 1945.

https://www.augsburger-allgemeine.de/po ... 75417.html

Two paragraphs of the description are very interesting and could also affect LGG. The sentence begins in German as follows:
Die Freude währt nur kurz, denn ohne ihr Wissen wird die Krankenstation Hals über Kopf in den Westen verlegt. Hoffnung keimt bei T. Scholz auf, als Kameraden ihres Verlobten sie mitnehmen. Da das streng verboten ist, muss sie sich eine Uniform für Luftnachrichtenhelferinnen anziehen. Also: Von Hirschberg über tschechisches Gebiet den US-Truppen entgegen. Dann der Schock. In einem Waldstück werden sie unmittelbar vor Kriegsende von tschechischen Partisanen überfallen und gefangen genommen. Schlagartig ist die Uniform für T. Scholz lebensgefährlich. Denn auch die Tschechen hassen die Deutschen. Und sie lassen die Gefangenen diesen Hass Tag und Nacht spüren. Mit viel Glück bleibt ihr erspart, was andere Frauen dort erleiden müssen. Sie wird nicht vergewaltigt. Noch mehr Glück: Ein tschechischer Angestellter des Lagers hat Mitleid mit den Frauen und verhilft einigen von ihnen zur Flucht. Darunter T. Scholz .............

The translation
The joy lasted only a short time, because without their knowledge, the infirmary was moved head over heels to the West. Hope germinates in T. Scholz when comrades of her fiance took her with them. As this was strictly forbidden, she had to wear a uniform for air intelligence assistants. So: From Hirschberg via Czech territory towards the US troops. Then the shock. Immediately before the end of the war, they were attacked and captured by Czech partisans in a grove. Suddenly, the uniform was life-threatening for T. Scholz. Because the Czechs also hate the Germans. And they let the prisoners feel this hatred day and night.
With a lot of luck, she was spared what other women had to suffer there. She has not been raped. Even more luck: A Czech employee of the camp felt sorry for the women and helped some of them to escape. Including T. Scholz.........
Of course I don't know if LGG was one of those freed persons.

Maybe another time!

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 24 Nov 2022, 19:27

One should have read the books and eyewitness reports about this mass murder of the Sudeten Germans.
The victims are far away, the children and grandchildren still live with no memory of their ancestors, memories shattered...

Hans
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

CarlosXander

Post by CarlosXander » 25 Nov 2022, 00:55

hello
very interesting information wellspring, this can also be read in the book "Zur Problematik von Soldatinnen..." by Jutta Rüdiger on page 63 mentions that they were forbidden to enter the forest because Czech partisans went through that place to capture distracted people since they stopped themselves time only those "classified" as SS were there (they were from May 10 to 21), they only entered 15 meters where there was a stream and always 2, it is said that there were 100 women at that time, in the story only It is said of 2 kidnappings, an artillery chief and his companion, but she managed to escape and return with her.
I leave the page (in German) where these facts are mentioned
Cheers

·For a few days we get "forest ban", i. H. we may
not in the shadows. After some girls get heatstroke.
it will be canceled again. The Czechs are still sneaking
always around in the forest, and not infrequently someone bites the dust. until
We are allowed to enter the forest up to a depth of 15 meters, from this limit
is shot sharply.
In an American car, Scheller comes terribly and
is received by us with quiet horrido. We did not know,
where he and the battery chief and Ruth had disappeared and
initially made disappointed faces because they were leaving us
have seemed. Now we hear that they are in the next camp
some are our pack. The girls are not doing well. they may
don't go into the shade. bring them men drinking water,
American guards threaten them with rifles:
also there are no washing facilities while we do morning wash
at the edge of the forest and refreshing drinking water from the Quella
to have.
After negotiations with our American lieutenant
makes it possible for these girls to be brought to us.
Ruth has collapsed and looks miserable. In the street
after Pilsen there are still seven as long as ours,
in which girls are also our unit, as we learn. Three
The Russian demarcation line is kilometers away from us.
Since we are the first camp and the one in which all seven
where the most closed units are, life here is tolerable
(we were 100 girls of our bunch). It will be us too
allows, in a creek that is half an hour from here
away to bathe.""

Lukens

Post by Lukens » 01 Dec 2022, 01:32

Gradus wrote:
31 Jul 2022, 15:19
Anyway, I also sent an email to the person who claimed to be LGG's grandson (in German). Will see whether I will get a reply..
Did anything ever come of this in the end?

I too, have been following this discussion for quite sometime (long before I had an account on here) , I first picked up on this after seeing the footage from the World at War.

I’m suprised how she hasn’t gotten more publicity outside of this forum over the years, even on Reddit etc the discussion is rather muted and there are actually not that many videos on YouTube etc about her, which I find a bit odd.

CarlosXander

Post by CarlosXander » 01 Dec 2022, 23:04

hello
The search for LGG is complex and difficult. On February 7, 2022, the German journalist Gernot Kramper made a note about LGG in the Stern newspaper and his investigation is carried out based on those who were investigated in the forum, if a German journalist from a renowned newspaper, without a language barrier, media and freedom to search for information in the right places did not find anything new fans like us it would be an even more difficult task

the Stern newspaper note in another newspaper in English
https://allnewspress.com/lost-german-gi ... his-woman/
https://newsingermany.com/lost-german-g ... his-woman/

the original note in german
https://www.stern.de/panorama/wissen/lo ... 72764.html

Your search is so complex that when I started receiving search emails from LGG, the German site Das Bundesarchiv (the site where all the information about the German soldiers who fought in World War II is found) sends me what I say as a " false positive" give me the information that LGG was Lore Bauer with what is already known about her BUT give me the "FORUM" as a reference
then after asking again and completing a form for a more precise search, they answer me that the name Lara or Lore Bauer are not in their records
As time goes by, the search becomes more and more difficult until perhaps the answer is found.

translation
This is not the case with your request. Even if we would need first names, last names and date of birth for research. I found information on the Internet (the comments under the film also provide information about it. Allegedly the name was Lore Bauer, born on February 3rd, 1921 in Kollerschlag.
You can find more information under the following link:
viewtopic.php?f=77&t=145596&sid=1c25643 ... start=2220
Lore Bauer: she was born on February 3rd, 1921, in Kollerschlag, Austria. She was a proud member of the BDM (in 1931-1938, below her youth photo), the League of German Girls. She was transferred to an anti-aircraft warfare training center at Rendsburg, near Kiel. In early 1945, it was finally time for her to get a job, and she was assigned to the new SS Flak Abteilung Alarm Prag. She did fine, she worked for Pan Am Airlines between 1965 and 1985, and lived up to October 30th, 1994.

here the confirmation that these names are not registered

Cheers

Cheers

Lukens

Post by Lukens » 02 Dec 2022, 00:35

Thanks for the above input by the way, that’s very fascinating.

I also have another question and i apologise if this has been addressed but why is there so much interest in this particular woman as opposed to the millions of lost souls who are on various news footage and films, but whose stories are lost to time?

Also did Oren W. Haglund ever speak about her and what did he do after he filmed this footage?

He died in 1972, but had a brother who died a bit more recently in 1992 - I’m not sure if Oren had children, but his brother might of , has anyone contacted the family?

Some might say this is a bit morbid, but if you don’t ask we won’t ever know.

CarlosXander

Post by CarlosXander » 02 Dec 2022, 02:29

I think that in this forum an attempt was made to communicate with Haglund's son, I have not found anything about Haglund being humanitarian or he was with someone, it would give me to understand that he did nothing for LGG after filming it, for which I classify it as SS, There would have to be something else, some information, he would have to have a record and the only thing that was found is his Shot card and the 2 times he mentions her, he mentions her as SS, I hope I was wrong... I hope he has helped her cross the border or leave it in a better place (perhaps since there is no material from it, it crossed with the civilians on May 10 or 11 of that year)
Hopefully something will come along and help.
Cheers

wellspring

Post by wellspring » 05 Dec 2022, 07:10

Hi,
for a while already I am struggling with public officials to get some information. I think in about 1, maximum 2 months I should have some results.
Stay optimistic!

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 05 Dec 2022, 17:33

I find the work and personal commitment of Carlos and many other people admirable, I can only tip my hat to them!
One can only appreciate this perseverance over the years, something like this is not to be taken for granted, keep it up...
Even if it is only one of hundreds of thousands of stories, the simple principle of such a search is crucial.

A good thing, whoever all of this may help, I appreciate that unselfish perseverance.

Great!

Hans
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

ignacioosacar1

Post by ignacioosacar1 » 14 Dec 2022, 14:21

Thank you very much Hans 1906 ! We will carry on

Ignacio

CarlosXander

Post by CarlosXander » 15 Dec 2022, 23:39

hello dear forum
Not long ago a member of the Facebook group "Rokycany - Ejpovice - Plzeň 1945" sent me the chronicles of Letkov, which is a town near Ejpovice and Pilsen, on its page 205 (108 on the website) it is reported that on the 8th of May 1945 at night they received 120 Refugees mainly Women but it continues that these prisoners came from the nearby town of Tymákov (much further south of Ejpovice - Rokycany), these refugees were later relocated in a prison camp in the town of Tremosná very close from Pilsen, this story draws attention since in the forum it slipped some time ago that it is very possibly LGG could have moved to that place (it also slipped that the filming of LGG was near the town of Tymákov since it is very similar to Ejpovice).
This would be a new theory of where LGG was sent after the filming, there is more to analyze, I leave the page where these chronicles are, photos for their respective analysis
regards
P.D.: thank you very much Hans for your comment
web page
https://www.portafontium.eu/iipimage/30 ... 1518&h=605

translation
"On the evening of May 8, about 120 German refugees, mainly women, were brought to us from Tymákov. After their short rest, our patrols took them to Cervené Hrádek and from there they went to the concentration camp in Tremošná."

image of the Třemošné camp 1945 - 1947

Saul

Post by Saul » 16 Dec 2022, 02:19

In the post of the tremosne's camp 1945 - 1947 photo on facebook, there is a comment with a link with the supossed inventory of the camp in czech language. Seems it explains a few interessant things.

https://www.facebook.com/TremosnaAHisto ... 20/?type=3

https://www.inventare.cz/pdf/soap-pn/so ... emosna.pdf

CarlosXander

Post by CarlosXander » 17 Dec 2022, 16:01

Curiosity
hello forum while looking for information I came across the history of the 244th Field Artiillry Battalion, this group reached the town of Susice Czechoslovakia in 1945, the curiosity is that this unit was the one that had Piper L-4 Grasshopper for exploration and brought me to the mind the image of the Piper that is observed in the filming of LGG where it is observed flying over at the moment that LGG is filmed from the front, which very possibly was one of these planes of that unit, I leave the link to the digital book which has many maps of the time as well as several photos of that time.
As an extra curiosity 2 of those Piper L-4 Grasshopper were donated to the Czech government
regards

Digital book
https://244thfieldartillerybattalion.co ... -1945-may/

Image of the Piper L-4 Grasshopper in Susice

one of the many maps in the book that shows the progress

Several photos of the Piper L-4 Grasshopper donated to the Czech government

Return to “Women in the Reich”