Where are all of Russia's much touted advanced weapons?

Discussions on other historical eras.
Michael Kenny

Re: Where are all of Russia's much touted advanced weapons?

Post by Michael Kenny » 10 Feb 2023, 02:51

Sid Guttridge wrote:
30 Jan 2023, 09:26

They need longer range missiles to cut the Kerch Bridge and to cut the railway between Rostov and the Crimea. Such interdiction helped advance the end in Kherson, though it can't be so effective in the corridor to Crimea because there are not the same bottlenecks, but it would help...................

Perhaps even a couple of diesel electric submarines? One in the Far East and one in the White Sea could be very disruptive of Russia's remaining international trade. Just knowledge of their presence in each could push Russian maritime insurance costs through the roof. Similarly sabotaging any gas or oil pipelines to China or even Turkey, but well inside Russia, might concentrate a few minds.
Should work a treat-if Ukraine (and not you ) can deal with The Russian retaliation. I guess that isn't much of a problem if you see the conflict as a way to deliver your unfulfilled Cold-War wet dreams.

Kubrick made Buck Turgidson stark raving mad for a reason but it seems many missed the message:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZm3qBd ... avidC.Hoke

Cult Icon

Post by Cult Icon » 10 Feb 2023, 03:17

x

Aida1

Post by Aida1 » 11 Feb 2023, 17:26

Michael Kenny wrote:
10 Feb 2023, 02:51
Sid Guttridge wrote:
30 Jan 2023, 09:26

They need longer range missiles to cut the Kerch Bridge and to cut the railway between Rostov and the Crimea. Such interdiction helped advance the end in Kherson, though it can't be so effective in the corridor to Crimea because there are not the same bottlenecks, but it would help...................

Perhaps even a couple of diesel electric submarines? One in the Far East and one in the White Sea could be very disruptive of Russia's remaining international trade. Just knowledge of their presence in each could push Russian maritime insurance costs through the roof. Similarly sabotaging any gas or oil pipelines to China or even Turkey, but well inside Russia, might concentrate a few minds.
Should work a treat-if Ukraine (and not you ) can deal with The Russian retaliation. I guess that isn't much of a problem if you see the conflict as a way to deliver your unfulfilled Cold-War wet dreams.

Kubrick made Buck Turgidson stark raving mad for a reason but it seems many missed the message:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZm3qBd ... avidC.Hoke
Sour grapes. Russia is in a world of pain and things will not get better.. :lol: :lol: .....

Michael Kenny

Post by Michael Kenny » 11 Feb 2023, 17:54

Aida1 wrote:
11 Feb 2023, 17:26

Sour grapes. Russia is in a world of pain and things will not get better..
Quelle surprise. Lunatic Jack D Ripper supports nutcase Turgidson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0he-LZN ... thnoname54

Aida1

Post by Aida1 » 11 Feb 2023, 22:38

Michael Kenny wrote:
11 Feb 2023, 17:54
Aida1 wrote:
11 Feb 2023, 17:26

Sour grapes. Russia is in a world of pain and things will not get better..
Quelle surprise. Lunatic Jack D Ripper supports nutcase Turgidson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0he-LZN ... thnoname54
Great fun seeing your favourite country being nuked.
https://youtu.be/snTaSJk0n_Y

Michael Kenny

Post by Michael Kenny » 11 Feb 2023, 23:15

Aida1 wrote:
11 Feb 2023, 22:38

You could not have given a better example of the utter stupidity of your mindset.
The film satirises MAD ends with the destruction of The World.
I am surprised you did not slip in mention The Fuhrer in your post.

j keenan
Financial supporter

Post by j keenan » 12 Feb 2023, 02:15

Michael Kenny wrote:
11 Feb 2023, 23:15
Aida1 wrote:

You could not have given a better example of the utter stupidity of your mindset.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom Peters

Post by Tom Peters » 12 Feb 2023, 05:35

Michael Kenny wrote:
Aida1 wrote:

No one wants nuclear warfare.

The simplest, quickest, and easiest way to prevent that from happening is for Putin to call his forces back to RU.

Dont you agree, M. Kenny ?

Mad Dog

Michael Kenny

Post by Michael Kenny » 12 Feb 2023, 06:50

Tom Peters wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 05:35

Perhaps but a good number of Team Ukrainian want a wider war where NATO fights beside Ukraine. They are quite prepared to risk a nuclear stand-off.
I believe you are one of those people.

There are two types of posters in these threads.
1. Those who report the facts on the ground. Sometimes there are Russian setbacks and sometimes Ukrainian setbacks. Future strategy is discussed including an expected (even by The Ukrainians) Russian spring offensive.
2. Those who are actively supporting Ukraine and vigorously deny/dispute every report about a Ukrainian setback. They shout-down and slander anyone who does not 150% support Ukraine as a Russian troll. They eschew fact and instead post mainly their dreams of a total Russian collapse and a Ukrainian victory.
Again I see you are one of then latter.

Litmus test for those who believe they are impartial:
If you read my post above and conclude that I am a Russian Troll then you are a nut-case.

Peter89

Post by Peter89 » 12 Feb 2023, 08:42

Michael Kenny wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 06:50
Tom Peters wrote:

Perhaps but a good number of Team Ukrainian want a wider war where NATO fights beside Ukraine. They are quite prepared to risk a nuclear stand-off.

1. Those who report the facts on the ground. Sometimes there are Russian setbacks and sometimes Ukrainian setbacks. Future strategy is discussed including an expected (even by The Ukrainians) Russian spring offensive.
2. Those who are actively supporting Ukraine and vigorously deny/dispute every report about a Ukrainian setback. They shout-down and slander anyone who does not 150% support Ukraine as a Russian troll. They eschew fact and instead post mainly their dreams of a total Russian collapse and a Ukrainian victory.

If you read my post above and conclude that I am a Russian Troll then you are a nut-case.
Moreover, a total Russian collapse is not in the best interest of the West, given the globe's geopolitical situation, where China and other emerging, overpopulating regions are posing a lethal threat to the West and the Western values, whereas the ageing society of Russia does not.

Also if anyone in the West thinks that personally Putin and his regime is a specific threat, and otherwise Russian politics would be diehard democracy, then then are also wrong. Putin is actually a moderate in Russian politics. And while the political market is not open in Russia (it never has been), there is no substantial political support behind the too pro-Western politicians like Navalnij.

Almost one year into the war, with half of Ukraine is in ruins, it is insane to talk about winners of the war. The winners are outside of the European continent.

It seems I was wrong about the potential Russian invasion during the winter, probably because the European economies were not hit nearly as much as I anticipated, thus the cumulative effects of the hybrid warfare can not come into play. With neither side showing any sign of exhaustion, this can continue practically forever. Maybe it's time for peace talks, after all.
"Everything remained theory and hypothesis. On paper, in his plans, in his head, he juggled with Geschwaders and Divisions, while in reality there were really only makeshift squadrons at his disposal."

Aida1

Post by Aida1 » 12 Feb 2023, 09:28

Michael Kenny wrote:
Aida1 wrote:

I love to irritate putin lovers. :lol: :lol:

Aida1

Post by Aida1 » 12 Feb 2023, 09:33

Michael Kenny wrote:
Tom Peters wrote:

You are a russia lover. That is a fact. You support the invason of the Ukraine by Russia. Russia is a threat and needs to be destroyed as a military and economical power. Giving the Ukraine powerful weapons will take care of that. Until now weak western leaders have not done enough where that is concerned.

Aida1

Post by Aida1 » 12 Feb 2023, 09:38

Peter89 wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 08:42
Michael Kenny wrote:
Tom Peters wrote:

Moreover, a total Russian collapse is not in the best interest of the West, given the globe's geopolitical situation, where China and other emerging, overpopulating regions are posing a lethal threat to the West and the Western values, whereas the ageing society of Russia does not.

Also if anyone in the West thinks that personally Putin and his regime is a specific threat, and otherwise Russian politics would be diehard democracy, then then are also wrong. Putin is actually a moderate in Russian politics. And while the political market is not open in Russia (it never has been), there is no substantial political support behind the too pro-Western politicians like Navalnij.

Almost one year into the war, with half of Ukraine is in ruins, it is insane to talk about winners of the war. The winners are outside of the European continent.

It seems I was wrong about the potential Russian invasion during the winter, probably because the European economies were not hit nearly as much as I anticipated, thus the cumulative effects of the hybrid warfare can not come into play. With neither side showing any sign of exhaustion, this can continue practically forever. Maybe it's time for peace talks, after all.
Very weak defense of Putin and his agression against the Ukraine. There can never be any question of any type of alliance with a russia that does not respect the rights of eastern european peoples. We do not need Russia for anything. The only threat besides Russia is China which can be dealt with. More than allies enough for that.

Michael Kenny

Post by Michael Kenny » 12 Feb 2023, 10:40

Aida1 wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 09:33

You are a russia lover. That is a fact. You support the invason of the Ukraine by Russia.
The above validates my quote below :
Michael Kenny wrote:
:
_
_
_

Aida1 wrote:
Giving the Ukraine powerful weapons will take care of that. Until now weak western leaders have not done enough where that is concerned.

The above validates my quote below:
Michael Kenny wrote:

Perhaps but a good number of Team Ukrainian want a wider war where NATO fights beside Ukraine.
_
_
_

Aida1 wrote:
Russia is a threat and needs to be destroyed as a military and economical power.
The above validates my quote below:
Michael Kenny wrote:
They eschew fact and instead post mainly their dreams of a total Russian collapse and a Ukrainian victory.

Michael Kenny

Post by Michael Kenny » 12 Feb 2023, 10:53

And the cherry on the cake that proves how emboldened the delusional have become:
Aida1 wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 09:38
The only threat besides Russia is China which can be dealt with. More than allies enough for that.
One war is not enough. He is already salivating about the next!

as a box of frogs, as a hatter, as a March hare.

Return to “Other eras”