The Grand Mufti of Jerusalem-- A role in the Holocaust?

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
CogCalgary

Re: The Grand Mufti of Jerusalem-- A role in the Holocaust?

Post by CogCalgary » 10 Mar 2023, 15:33

Let's have a look at his memoirs in English.

CogCalgary

Post by CogCalgary » 11 Mar 2023, 02:29

Sid Guttridge wrote:
10 Mar 2023, 09:26
Hi Guys,

We know that the Grand Mufti spent much of the war in Germany and supported its war effort as the likeliest way to get the British, French and Jews out of Arab lands.

This thread is now fifteen years old, but have we found anything that ties the Grand Mufti specifically to the so-called "Holocaust" yet?

Cheers,

Sid.
I just decided that there is certainly more to be uncovered about Husayni.
These supposed late war missions.Any real names attached to these operatives?
Exactly where Husayni traveled in Turkey.
He certainly had lieutenants.
The very solid OVRA presence in the ME.
Sid is this not the second time you have urged members to give up on Husayni?
Surely with your family background you heard some things?

LineDoggie

Post by LineDoggie » 12 Mar 2023, 01:49

Sid Guttridge wrote:
Hi Guys,

We know that the Grand Mufti spent much of the war in Germany and supported its war effort as the likeliest way to get the British, French and Jews out of Arab lands.

This thread is now fifteen years old, but have we found anything that ties the Grand Mufti specifically to the so-called "Holocaust" yet?

Cheers,

Sid.
At the very least he is a Nazi Collaborator as odious as Laval or Darnand, Pavelić, etc.
"There are two kinds of people who are staying on this beach: those who are dead and those who are going to die. Now let’s get the hell out of here".
Col. George Taylor, 16th Infantry Regiment, Omaha Beach

CogCalgary

Post by CogCalgary » 12 Mar 2023, 02:58

LineDoggie wrote:
12 Mar 2023, 01:49
Sid Guttridge wrote:
Hi Guys,

The Italians disguised themselves as Arabic Palestinians is my understanding .

Cheers,

Sid.
At the very least he is a Nazi Collaborator as odious as Laval or Darnand, Pavelić, etc.
At the very least.
Possibly passing Intel.
Possibly providing shelter in Palestine for OVRA agents and..possibly combatants?A mosque?
The Italians disguised themselves as Arabs in the M.E is my understanding.

wm

Post by wm » 16 Mar 2023, 00:58

LineDoggie wrote:
12 Mar 2023, 01:49

Although the Mufti wasn't a collaborator (whatever terrible things it means) but a German co-belligerent, i.e., the same enemy, different political and military goals.

There is something very fake in calling everybody a collaborator, as if the entire Europe was full of Nazis.
When if fact, the majority were (unwilling) co-belligerents, for example, all the countries invaded by the Soviets in 1940 (Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania) or were threatened by the Soviets (Bulgaria.)
The Soviets not only invaded but attempted genocide there.
Similarly, the defeated Western countries, including France, didn't have much choice in that.

Sid Guttridge

Post by Sid Guttridge » 17 Mar 2023, 08:51

Hi ConCalgary,

How can asking for evidence for the Mufti's complicity in the so-called "Holocaust" be interpreted as urging, ".....members to give up on Husayni". It is the exact reverse.

It is very noticeable that your post contained absolutely no reference to the so-called "Holocaust". Is this because you have no evidence of the Mufti having a role in it?

Errrrr,..... why would my family background, of which you can know virtually nothing, have given me access to information, or be relevant in any way?

Cheers,

Sid

Sid Guttridge

Post by Sid Guttridge » 17 Mar 2023, 08:55

Hi LineDoggie,

Yes, it is quite likely that "At the very least he is a Nazi Collaborator as odious as Laval or Darnand.....", but that doesn't answer the question as to whether the Mufti had a role in the so-called "Holocaust". Do you have anything on this? The thread doesn't seem to have turned up anything after 15 years, or am I missing something?

Cheers,

Sid.

CogCalgary

Post by CogCalgary » 17 Mar 2023, 13:30

Sid Guttridge wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 08:51
Hi ConCalgary,

How can asking for evidence for the Mufti's complicity in the so-called "Holocaust" be interpreted as urging, ".....members to give up on Husayni". It is the exact reverse.

It is very noticeable that your post contained absolutely no reference to the so-called "Holocaust". Is this because you have no evidence of the Mufti having a role in it?

Errrrr,..... why would my family background, of which you can know virtually nothing, have given me access to information, or be relevant in any way?

Cheers,

Sid
I have located a copy of The Quest For the Red Prince in the public library system.
Author Zohar is claimed to be the personal biographer of David Ben Gurion.

Sid you claimed on CS that your grandad was involved with running the POW camps in India early in the war.
Was Asmara the next assignment?
I would think that your grandad “was in the know”.

Sid Guttridge

Post by Sid Guttridge » 17 Mar 2023, 13:47

Hi ColCalgary,

Why would my grandfather being in charge of Italian POWs in British India give him any insight into what was going on inside Axis Europe between the Nazis and the Mufti?

Cheers,

Sid.

CogCalgary

Post by CogCalgary » 17 Mar 2023, 14:23

Sid Guttridge wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 13:47
Hi ColCalgary,

Why would my grandfather being in charge of Italian POWs in British India give him any insight into what was going on inside Axis Europe between the Nazis and the Mufti?

Cheers,

Sid.
If the Italians provided the Mufti with a fake diplomatic passport,obviously they were involved.
Two Allied missions in the M.E were snuffed in 41,these missions originated in Palestine.
David Raziel was killed by a German aircraft in Iraq.

Do you feel that the Italians could operate in Palestine without some help?
If as claimed by Ben Gurion's biographer that an attempt at chemical warfare happened do you feel that Husayni was in the dark?

wm

Post by wm » 17 Mar 2023, 16:11

I don't quite understand why a (probably totally inept) mission is held against the Mufti - if he wasn't a British citizen or even a citizen of any Allied nation.

When at the same time, the Jewish underground in Palestine (full of deserters from the Polish Army to boot) fought militarily against the British - setting bombs, and killing soldiers and politicians. And the people who did it get hero treatment today.

CogCalgary

Post by CogCalgary » 17 Mar 2023, 16:43

wm wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 16:11
I don't quite understand why a (probably totally inept) mission is held against the Mufti - if he wasn't a British citizen or even a citizen of any Allied nation.

When at the same time, the Jewish underground in Palestine (full of deserters from the Polish Army to boot) fought militarily against the British - setting bombs, and killing soldiers and politicians. And the people who did it get hero treatment today.
Which inept mission?All the Jewish fighters are considered heroes,yes.British soldiers in Palestine grew to hate the Jewish people,and were involved in some shocking retribution against civilians.

Sid Guttridge

Post by Sid Guttridge » 17 Mar 2023, 20:53

Hi ColCalgary,

You appear to be off in a parallel universe where conspiracy theory rules and hard facts don't matter. Come back to us when you have something linking the Mufti with the so-called Holocaust.

So far you have produced absolutely nothing.

Cheers,

Sid.

CogCalgary

Post by CogCalgary » 17 Mar 2023, 23:46

Sid Guttridge wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 20:53
Hi ColCalgary,

You appear to be off in a parallel universe where conspiracy theory rules and hard facts don't matter. Come back to us when you have something linking the Mufti with the so-called Holocaust.

Cheers,

Sid.

CogCalgary

Post by CogCalgary » 17 Mar 2023, 23:53

Sid Guttridge wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 20:53
Hi ColCalgary,

Cheers,

Sid.
Lol Sid.This event has been covered up since 41.
The real question.
Why?

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”