Seek detailed data about this figure

Discussions on all aspects of China, from the beginning of the First Sino-Japanese War till the end of the Chinese Civil War. Hosted by YC Chen.
Yang

Seek detailed data about this figure

Post by Yang » 30 Jan 2023, 16:34

I saw these pictures on the Internet, but unfortunately, I didn't find relevant information.
Is this gun specially developed for the Chinese environment?I haven't found any information about it in China. Was it not successfully introduced?
All in all, hope can get the detailed data and some historical background of this artillery.

Greatly appreciated!

Hans1906
Banned

Re: Seek detailed data about this figure

Post by Hans1906 » 30 Jan 2023, 17:45

The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

Waleed Y. Majeed

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed » 30 Jan 2023, 19:58

Maybe easier to understand through one of these links
https://zh.m.wikipedia.org/zh-cn/克魯伯_75mm_野砲#/languages

Waleed

Yang

Post by Yang » 31 Jan 2023, 14:41

Thanks Hans and Waleed. Well, I have known about the L/30, but L/19 is a very special one.And I can't find the information about this.So is there information about 7,5cm L/19?

nuyt

Post by nuyt » 27 Apr 2023, 20:40

A real puzzle!
I checked the books by Franz Kosar. The weapon itself bears most resemblance with the Krupp 7,5 cm Mountain gun L18, but the shield and carriage are different (shield looks more like a Skoda one). Problem is this gun was marketed as a "zerlegbare Feldkanone", or something like a pack field gun. Kosar does not mention this weapon. It could have been a prototype for China, derived from the L18 mountain gun. It could also have been produced around 1914 and not delivered. The mark "China" could also mean that this weapon was being offered to a different customer, now they could not deliver to China because of the war. Like Chile or Ecuador guns offered to German Army.

My wild guess: a prototype developed for China, offered during the war to Austria-Hungary (hence the Skoda like shield).

Yang

Post by Yang » 28 Apr 2023, 05:03

nuyt wrote:
27 Apr 2023, 20:40
A real puzzle!
I checked the books by Franz Kosar. The weapon itself bears most resemblance with the Krupp 7,5 cm Mountain gun L18, but the shield and carriage are different (shield looks more like a Skoda one). Problem is this gun was marketed as a "zerlegbare Feldkanone", or something like a pack field gun. Kosar does not mention this weapon. It could have been a prototype for China, derived from the L18 mountain gun. It could also have been produced around 1914 and not delivered. The mark "China" could also mean that this weapon was being offered to a different customer, now they could not deliver to China because of the war. Like Chile or Ecuador guns offered to German Army.

My wild guess: a prototype developed for China, offered during the war to Austria-Hungary (hence the Skoda like shield).
There is indeed a possibility of this.Because I haven't found any information about this artillery in the Chinese literature. So I suspect it may not have been introduced to China. It may not even be the design proposed by China.I speculate that Krupp may have developed a cannon tailored to the actual situation in China to expand its market.To explain why there is no relevant information in China, but there are instructions in German.

nuyt

Post by nuyt » 28 Apr 2023, 09:24

Some more stuff:

"Before 1914 Austria-Hungary had several potential war theatres that involved mountains or very hilly terrain, and consequently the Autro-Hungarian Army employed and/or tested a number of Mountain Gun types. They varied from the very old and virtually outdated 7cm M75 and M99, over the 7cm M8 (which used the same ammunition as the older types), some export guns, pressed in small numbers into service at the outset of the War (like the 7.5cm M13, a Krupp gun originally made for the Chinese Army, the 7.5cm M14, another export gun, this one made by Skoda) and a number of different mountain howitzers, like the 10cm M8, the 10cm M10 and the 10cm M16. (Note that in Austro-Hungarian guns the "M" stands for "Muster" meaning "pattern".) "

http://www.landships.info/landships/art ... k_M15.html

Return to “China at War 1895-1949”