Der Bromberger Blutsonntag

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Sailor
Banned

Post by Sailor » 20 Jun 2002, 04:48

So the Blomberg Blutsonntag is a hoax? Like the Big One? Quite frankly, one hoax is enough for me!

The article about the Blood Sunday did not come across particularly neonazialike to me. But be it as it may, I asked them for the source of their data. Maybe they answer.

Actually the Polish I met in my life, during the war and after, in Germany, Canada and the US were very nice and kind people, incapable of doing such terrible things.

Concerning Gleiwitz: It is odd that Naujocks after he signed the affidavit was not seen alive again. He never came home. The story is that he got the old Höß treatment and after he signed was taken out, liquidated, in order to make sure that he does not change his story again.

That Germany attacked its own radio station seems to be ludicrous. But then, maybe the US attacked their own fleet in Pearl Harbour also, in order to start a war and pull themselves out of an economic desaster, the great depression.

Phantastic!

Birgitte Heuschkel

Post by Birgitte Heuschkel » 20 Jun 2002, 07:57

One major difference, perhaps, being that actual documents as pertains the radio incident still exist. I remember reading quotes somewhere here on this forum from them. On the other hand, there is no evidence that the US faked Pearl Harbor.

Roberto

Post by Roberto » 20 Jun 2002, 13:11

Sailor wrote:So the Blomberg Blutsonntag is a hoax?
No one said that. We've just separated the facts about it from Nazi propaganda.
Sailor wrote:Like the Big One?
Which one is that? The one that only exists in the minds of moronic true believers, who cling to their faith undisturbed by the overwhelming evidence to the mass murder they deny and the utter improbability of and lack of evidence to any "hoax"?
Sailor wrote:Quite frankly, one hoax is enough for me!
That's not what transpired from your hyperbolic horror tales on the Bromberg massacre.
Sailor wrote:The article about the Blood Sunday did not come across particularly neonazialike to me.
And I thought it takes one to know one ...:lol:
Sailor wrote:Concerning Gleiwitz: It is odd that Naujocks after he signed the affidavit was not seen alive again.
What affidavit, and what source tells you that he vanished thereafter? Some IHR article, perhaps?
Sailor wrote:The story is that he got the old Höß treatment and after he signed was taken out, liquidated, in order to make sure that he does not change his story again.
That story seems to have the same basis as the story about the "old Höß treatment": thin air and wishful thinking. Can our True Believer explain why Höß' Polish captors would have tortured him into, say, challenging their 4 million figure of the death toll of Auschwitz-Birkenau by stating that the number of dead had been 1,135,000 instead?
Sailor wrote:That Germany attacked its own radio station seems to be ludicrous.
"Revisionist" logic is brilliant as usual. Adolf obviously needed a pretext to attack Poland, and as the Poles wouldn't give him any, he made one up.
As he told his generals on 22 August 1939:
Ich werde propagandistischen Anlass zur Auslösung des Krieges geben, gleichgültig, ob glaubhaft. Der Sieger wird später nicht danach gefragt, ob er die Wahrheit gesagt hat oder nicht. Bei Beginn und Führung des Krieges kommt es nicht auf das Recht an, sondern auf den Sieg.
Source of quote: Ernst Klee / Willi Dressen, "Gott mit uns”: Der deutsche Vernichtungskrieg im Osten there is yet another summary of Hitler's statements at the afternoon meeting on the Obersalzberg on 22.8.1939. The document referred to is Nuernberg Document 1014-PS, IMT, Volume XXVI.
I shall provide for a propagandistic reason to unleash the war, regardless of whether it is credible or not. The victor is not asked at a later stage whether he told the truth or not. In beginning and conducting a war, what matters is not right but victory.
After the staged attack on the Gleiwitz radio station, he had the pretext he wanted:
Seit 5 Uhr 45 wird jetzt zurückgeschossen!
he stated in an address to the Reichstag on 01.09.1939.

Source of quote:

http://www.h-ref.de/dk/krieg/polen/glei ... witz.shtml

My translation:
Since 5:45 hours we are now shooting back!

I wonder what makes the True Believer come around here, by the way.
Maybe the Codoh BBS has grown too boring. I reckon that exchanging nonsense with fellow keepers of the Faith is not exactly exciting.
Keep the Faith fellow revisionists. The Nazis and the SS were the good guys--but the anti-Nazis and the anti-revisionists dare not admit it for fear of losing their fabulous, ill gotten gains from the war.
“Hoaxbuster” Friedrich Paul Berg on the Codoh discussion forum.
http://www.codoh.org/dcforum/DCForumID9/143.html#10

Sailor
Banned

Post by Sailor » 21 Jun 2002, 07:30

What affidavit, and what source tells you that he vanished thereafter? Some IHR article, perhaps?
The document is PS-2751 of the Nuremberg Trials.

As Germany began to collapse, Naujocks slipped back to Belgium where he surrendered to American forces. He was held for trial as a war criminal and attempted to save himself by providing information on the dead Heydrich and the fantastic SD operations prior to and during World War II. Realizing that he might still be condemned, Naujocks escaped from the special camp where accused war criminals were being held and he was not seen again. He remained one of the most bizarre and spectacular agent provocateurs during World War II.
What happened, little buddy, why dont you post on the CODOH board anymore? We miss you, the life of the party! They did not kick you off, or did they? Gee! Right now the board is down for maintenance, so I thought I visit my old friend Cortagravatas here. :D

Karl

Post by Karl » 21 Jun 2002, 09:39

Sehen wir uns an, was in Bromberg wirklich passiert ist. Am 3. September, zwei Tage nach dem Einmarsch deutscher Truppen nach Polen

zogen sich bespannte Einheiten der polnischen Armee durch Bromberg zurück, zwischen ihnen immer wieder polnische Zivilisten, die vor dem Kriege flohen. Gleichzeitig lief das Gerücht um, die deutschen Truppen stünden unmittelbar vor der Einnahme der Stadt.
Benz, Legenden, Lügen, Vorurteile, S. 47

Als jedoch klar geworden war, dass die deutschen Truppen noch nicht vor Bromberg standen, gingen die Soldaten

in kleinen Gruppen auf eigene Faust vor gegen ... Häuser und ihre Bewohner, die überwiegend der deutschen Minderheit angehörten.
Benz, S. 47

Major Albrycht, der polnische Befehlshaber, zog seine Soldaten am Abend ab; allerdings hatte er

vorher noch eine Bürgerwehr zur Aufrechterhaltung der Ordnung ins Leben gerufen und bewaffnet. Es war eine vom militärischen und zivilen Standpunkt aus unsinnige, ja unglaublich leichtfertige Maßnahme
(...)
Doch nun ging die Bürgerwehr zusammen mit neuangekommenen Soldaten gegen angebliche Diversanten vor (...) Wer verdächtig erschien, wurde auf der Stelle erschossen. Häuser wurden geplündert, eine Kirche wurde in Brand gesetzt.
Benz, S. 47/48

Am 8. September 1939 prägte die Deutsche Rundschau den Begriff "Bromberger Blutsonntag". Die nationalsozialistische Propaganda benutzte diesen Begriff

und verzehnfachte die Gesamtzahl der Opfer unter den Volksdeutschen in Polen, die noch in einer Dokumentation des Auswärtigen Amtes vom November 1939 mit 5437 Toten angegeben worden war, Anfang Februar 1940 auf 58000.
Benz, S. 48

Das Reichsinnenministerium verfügte am 7. Februar 1940, dass in Zukunft ausschließlich die (gefälschte) Zahl von 58000 Opfern zu erwähnen sei:

"... diese Zahl ... ist allein als verbindlich anzusehen, und nur von dieser Zahl ist in allen Verlautbarungen, Reden usw. auszugehen."
Benz, S. 48
Lifted from Roberto's link:
http://www.h-ref.de/dk/krieg/polen/bromb/brmb.shtml

Sooo, if we take this at face value, there was a massacre. They grabbed anyone that looked 'suspicious' and shot them. 5437 of them.

Roberto

Post by Roberto » 21 Jun 2002, 12:36

Sailor wrote:What happened, little buddy, why dont you post on the CODOH board anymore? We miss you, the life of the party!
I know, that's why I thought I'd let you jokers die of boredom exchanging baloney with each other. And then, I have a problem with Mr. Thomas' censorship ...
Sailor wrote:They did not kick you off, or did they?
Not yet, unfortunately. They just retained my posts dozens of times on account of their inconvenient contents. But one day I may feel like coming back for that ultimate honor.
Sailor wrote:Gee! Right now the board is down for maintenance, so I thought I visit my old friend Cortagravatas here. :D
The visit is appreciated. Give my regards to hannover, Cat Scan, Crayon and the other True Believers. Why do they never show up on this forum?
Are they afraid of open debate?

Sailor
Banned

Post by Sailor » 21 Jun 2002, 17:44

I just recently looked through Cortagravatas contribution about Vergasungskeller on the other board. The post was well organized and put together. Unfortunately incomplete and wrong conclusions.

Concerning Bergs post which Roberto frequently is reproducing on this forum: Should this not brought up with the man himself? To clarify what he meant by this? Why keep reposting this behind the mans back? Is this not a little rude?

I could give you my opinion on the SA and SS. But this would be completely OT. And you would be disappointed. And who cares anyway.

Roberto

Post by Roberto » 21 Jun 2002, 18:08

Deleted, see next post.
Last edited by Roberto on 21 Jun 2002, 19:29, edited 1 time in total.

Roberto

Post by Roberto » 21 Jun 2002, 19:28

Sailor wrote:I just recently looked through Cortagravatas contribution about Vergasungskeller on the other board. The post was well organized and put together. Unfortunately incomplete and wrong conclusions.
Coming from a "Revisionist", that's a comment I can live with.
Whatever does not fit into his ideological bubble will necessarily be considered "incomplete and wrong conclusions". And I strongly doubt he can explain why he thinks (assuming he does) that this is so.
Sailor wrote:Concerning Bergs post which Roberto frequently is reproducing on this forum: Should this not brought up with the man himself?
It was. My comment on the same thread was the following:
<<Keep the Faith fellow revisionists. The Nazis and the SS were the good guys--but the anti-Nazis and the anti-revisionists dare not admit it for fear of losing their fabulous, ill gotten gains from the war. Read also: "Stalin's War of Extermination" by Joachim Hoffmann.>>

1. I thought that Faith was the hallmark of those who Revisionists like to label as “Believers”. I’m elated to learn that, after all, Faith is a Revisionist characteristic.

2. I thought that Revisionism had nothing to do with making the Nazis look better. At least that’s what Cat Scan told me, and it seems to me that he believes in what he wrote. But there are obviously some who have other ideas as to the purpose of Revisionism. Very instructive.

3. As to Joachim Hoffmann, I have run across the fellow in a discussion with Michael Mills on another forum under the link

http://pub3.ezboard.com/fskalmanforumfr ... D=79.topic

Michael Mills presented him as a critic of Christian Streit’s Keine Kameraden: Die Wehrmacht und die sowjetischen Kriegsgefangenen 1941-1945, and I posted the original wording and a translation of Streit’s response to that criticism in the 1997 edition of his book. See my post # 1062 (12/11/01 10:45:04 am)under the above mentioned link. The image of Hoffmann that emerges from Streit’s response is not exactly a favorable one. A scholar who states that another scholar is proven wrong by certain documents but refrains from showing such documents is not exactly intellectually honest, and his behavior warrants the suspicion that the documents he invokes do not even exist. So Hoffmann is not a scholar that I would rely on. But I reckon that his writings give arguments and moral support to those who strive to “keep the Faith”.

It got me a rebuke from the moderator, but no reply from the "Hoaxbuster". Very instructive.
Sailor wrote:To clarify what he meant by this?
There's nothing to be clarified. The meaning of Berg's statement is clear enough.
Sailor wrote:Why keep reposting this behind the mans back? Is this not a little rude?
Who says I'm "reposting"? I'm quoting an instructive statement from a "Revisionist" authority. And I'm sure a disciple of his brought this to Berg's attention long ago, together with my invitations to this forum, of which I hereby ask you to extend him another. If I were Berg, I would certainly do something about being mockingly quoted on a discussion forum. But then, this would call for leaving warm and cozy Codoh, engaging in open debate and exposing a rather twisted mind to a public not consisting of fellow True Believers. I reckon that's too much of a risk for the old man.
Sailor wrote:I could give you my opinion on the SA and SS.
"...denn die schwarze SS und die braune SA
hat was jedem heut' gefällt
und ist das Schönste auf der Welt."

Something like that, right? :D
Sailor wrote:But this would be completely OT. And you would be disappointed. And who cares anyway.
Wow, an accurate statement. For a "Revisionist", that's quite a feat. :lol:

schroedinger

Post by schroedinger » 21 Jun 2002, 21:13

Roberto wrote:
Sailor wrote:Concerning Bergs post which Roberto frequently is reproducing on this forum: Should this not brought up with the man himself?
I realized that the CODOH BBS is under maintenance now for three days (direct links such as above still work). Is it such a huge task to maintain it or is there another reason? Anybody?

Sailor
Banned

Post by Sailor » 24 Jun 2002, 07:31

"...denn die schwarze SS und die braune SA
hat was jedem heut' gefällt
und ist das Schönste auf der Welt."

Something like that, right?
I totally disliked these people then, Roberto, and I was outspoken about it. Which caused me a lot of trouble. Then.
As I am now an outspoken skeptic of some of the Holocaust aspects. Which causes me trouble again now. Well, not here in the US, but in Germany for sure.
I seem to be the permanent troublemaker.

Scott Smith

CODOH...

Post by Scott Smith » 24 Jun 2002, 08:29

Roberto wrote:
Yes, it should be. Roberto should e-mail Berg directly if he has a problem with his views; after all, Roberto complains if I mention his own name "behind his back," even in jest.
schroedinger wrote:I realized that the CODOH BBS is under maintenance now for three days (direct links such as above still work). Is it such a huge task to maintain it or is there another reason? Anybody?
The Moderator is probably simply on vacation, and nothing can be published without being cleared first under their debating rules, so hence the board is "down for maintenance."
:)

Roberto

Re: CODOH...

Post by Roberto » 24 Jun 2002, 13:56

Scott Smith wrote:
Roberto wrote:
Scott Smith wrote:Yes, it should be. Roberto should e-mail Berg directly if he has a problem with his views; after all, Roberto complains if I mention his own name "behind his back," even in jest.
Does Smith not read my posts before writing, or is he counting on the audience to read only his?

From my post of Fri Jun 21, 2002 6:28 pm on this thread:
Roberto wrote:It was. My comment on the same thread was the following:
<<Keep the Faith fellow revisionists. The Nazis and the SS were the good guys--but the anti-Nazis and the anti-revisionists dare not admit it for fear of losing their fabulous, ill gotten gains from the war. Read also: "Stalin's War of Extermination" by Joachim Hoffmann.>>

1. I thought that Faith was the hallmark of those who Revisionists like to label as “Believers”. I’m elated to learn that, after all, Faith is a Revisionist characteristic.

2. I thought that Revisionism had nothing to do with making the Nazis look better. At least that’s what Cat Scan told me, and it seems to me that he believes in what he wrote. But there are obviously some who have other ideas as to the purpose of Revisionism. Very instructive.

3. As to Joachim Hoffmann, I have run across the fellow in a discussion with Michael Mills on another forum under the link

http://pub3.ezboard.com/fskalmanforumfr ... D=79.topic

Michael Mills presented him as a critic of Christian Streit’s Keine Kameraden: Die Wehrmacht und die sowjetischen Kriegsgefangenen 1941-1945, and I posted the original wording and a translation of Streit’s response to that criticism in the 1997 edition of his book. See my post # 1062 (12/11/01 10:45:04 am)under the above mentioned link. The image of Hoffmann that emerges from Streit’s response is not exactly a favorable one. A scholar who states that another scholar is proven wrong by certain documents but refrains from showing such documents is not exactly intellectually honest, and his behavior warrants the suspicion that the documents he invokes do not even exist. So Hoffmann is not a scholar that I would rely on. But I reckon that his writings give arguments and moral support to those who strive to “keep the Faith”.

It got me a rebuke from the moderator, but no reply from the "Hoaxbuster". Very instructive.

Sailor wrote:To clarify what he meant by this?
Roberto wrote:There's nothing to be clarified. The meaning of Berg's statement is clear enough.

Sailor wrote:Why keep reposting this behind the mans back? Is this not a little rude?
Roberto wrote:Who says I'm "reposting"? I'm quoting an instructive statement from a "Revisionist" authority. And I'm sure a disciple of his brought this to Berg's attention long ago, together with my invitations to this forum, of which I hereby ask you to extend him another. If I were Berg, I would certainly do something about being mockingly quoted on a discussion forum. But then, this would call for leaving warm and cozy Codoh, engaging in open debate and exposing a rather twisted mind to a public not consisting of fellow True Believers. I reckon that's too much of a risk for the old man.

That’s what comes with being a “public figure”, you see. People like to quote you, for your better or worse.

Ostmark

Post by Ostmark » 24 Jun 2002, 15:58

Used with permission by the author who prefers to be anonymous.

*warning* some rather disgusting pictures are included in the post *warning*

In the year 1918 when Germany accepted the armistice, the Polish Chouvenist and former meber of Duma Roman
Dmowski and Paderewski had allready made their Plans, of which german Provinces they would like to anex, and
sent a memomrandum to Wilson (8th October 1918). They declare that West-, Estprussia, Posen and Silesia are
polish territorys and gave wrong numbers to make it look like, the majorety was polish.
They claimed that in Eastprussia there was a population of 1,5 Million (actually 2,5!), Danzig was to 50 % polish
(99,8% German) and that in Silesia 90 % of the population are Poles.

This Map was Printed in the Newspaper „Dziennik Poznanski" on 26th June 1939. We willhear of this later in the
following Posts on this Subject.
It states the „Historic Borders" of Poland. One can see that Hamburg, Kiel, Erfurt, Braunschweig, Dresden, Berlin,
Rostock ect are all Polish and even the Czechs (Prague and Brünn) belong to them.

Thus, according to the Versailles Dictate, a corridor was drawn between Eastprussia and Germany, Giving
Westprussia, Province of Posen and a edge of Silesia to Poland. Danzig was declared to a „Free City" and put
under commisary rule of the „League of Nations"

After Poland constituted itself as State and formed a Goverment, it built 2 Concentration Camps in the district of
Posen. The Camp Szcypiorno in the year 1918 and Stralkow 1919. In these camps over 16.000
Germans were held captive and mistreated.

The only reason they were able to get Posen from the Allies was, that the militarely occupied it, before the
conferance even decide on the subject.

§88 of the Versailles Dictate demanded, that in Upper silesia plebescites have to take place to decide, if the
population wants to belong to Germany or Poland.
The Poles (well armed by the French) started to terrorize the Population In Upper-Silesia by sending armed groups
across the border, which were organised by the chauvenistic polish Imperialist Wojciech Korfanty (I might
add, he was member of Reichstag as speaker of the polish minoretys in Imperial Germany. He died 17th August
1939 in Prison because of fraud delicts. 1922-1923 he was polish PM)

Korfanty led the 3 major "insurrections" in Silesia (17th August 1918, 19/20.August 1920 and 3rd May 1921)

British Captain Riddle (left) and Italian Lt. De Martino (right) found the three by Poles mutilated Bodys of the
Germans Stock, von Bracken, Skriba near the town of Malapana. They were probably the Victims of the Korfanty-
Bandits or the Bojowka Polska.

Allthough great terror and pressure was practiced from the polish side, 60% of the Population voted for Germany.
During the Plebescite, the Poles had allready statione irregular troops along the border, to intervene, if the
ellection did not bring their wished results. The Bojowka Polska was founded, A Terrororganisation
consisting of 20 - 30 Groups of 5 - 7 Men squads, which were armed by the French, to liquidate and murder
important silesian Representatives, Police Officials ect.

The Inter-Allied commision who led the plebescite now had to decide what should happen. Percival (UK) and De
Marinis (Italy) wanted to respect the will of the majorety, Le Ronde (France) favoured Korfanti who wanted entire
Silesia and ist Industrial regions. The French simply abandoned their Weapon-Depots which was an open
invitation to the Korfanti-Units to arm themselves. In Kattowitz the Korfatis took control over the Railway system,
locked up all German Railwaypersonell, and grabed the weapons out of the French depot. The Italians were not
able to resist, because they were outnumbered. Col. Crayton managed to chase 2 Bandits away with his
Horsewhip, which tried to steal 2 MGs.
Since the English Military saw, that the situation was escaleting and the Germans had nothing to defend
themselves with (Police and Rual-Guards were disarmed according to Versailles), they gave orders not to
intervene, if Germans try to arm themselves.

I dont want to go into to many Details of the Battles. The polish tried to conquer Silesia and were repelled by
German Freekorps consisting out of Men from across Germany and Austria.

The French tried to pressure England to support their views. Lloyd George refused: "The Polish insurrection is a
crime against the Versailles Treaty, which gave Poland it Freedom. Poland is the last land, that can complaint
about this treaty, since it was incapable of securing ist own freedom out of ist own strength"

Now some quotes:

"The Battle between Poles and Germans is inevetible. We must systematicly prepare ourselves for this War.
Our Ideal is a Poland in the West with the Oder and Neisse as Border. The World will tremble from the German-
polish War. We have to spread the spirit of mercyless Revenge and Cruelty into the rows of our soldiers."

Polish Newspaper "The League for Superpower" 3rd October 1930

The greatest political and economical absurdety which can be found in recent history, is the polish Korridor..
One thing is certain in America and Europe, the entire World, that a revision of this situation is neccessary and
that only a hatefull, from France comming Spirit this prevents..... And so the consequenses of Occupation,
Cruelty and total arbitrariness will not only ruin german economy, but destroy the selfesteem and any hope of
their people in a brighter future. They will be either driven to Militarism or Revolution, i. e. to two extremes of
despair which will be the ruin of Europe, and will let Germany fall into a dark abscyss, this Germany, which is
such a wondefull masterpiece and home of many geniouses and great Spirits." 1924

Italian Ministerpresident Francesco Nitti in "The downfall of Europe"

I am convinced, that the irrational enlargement of Poland not only topples the verdict of History, but is making
a cardinal political Mistake, which will one day fall back on us. I think the main mistakes of the Treaty are the long
endurance of the Rhineland occupation and the enlargement of Poland, which we didnt even consider during the
War. These 2 mistakes are the main dangers for the future peace in Europe, and I strongly recomend, that we do
everything in our power to eliminate them, before it is to late.

South African PM General Smuts in a letter to Lloyd George 1919

The division of Germany in two different sized halves, just for the mere purpouse to give Poland a coastline
and exit to the sea, is the worst act of robbery, which a Peace Conferance ever committed. The Existance of the
Korridor is a Provokation of Germany and a Danger for Poland."

Lord Rothermere in Daily Mail, November 1930

I can hardly imagine a more dangerous source for a future War, than sourounding the Germans - which have
prooven to be one of the strongest and mightyest Races in the World - with a ring of small states, which each
encloses a large amount of Germans who are being denied the right to reunify with their Homeland. The
Suggestion of the Polish Commision, to place 2,5 Million Germans under the control of a Nation, which has
proven in its History, that is incapable to govern itself, must lead in my Opinion sooner or later to a new War in
Eastern Europe."

David Lloyd George, Memmorandum to the Versailles Conference 26th March 1919

The Terror against all ethnic groups in Poland (Germans, Ukrainians, Bjelorussians, Jews) should continue
throughout the 20ys and 30ys.

Alone in the Years 1919 to 1921 400.000 Germans were forced by terror to leave their homes and flee across the
borders.
In the district of West-Prussia and Posen existed in the Year 1919 over 2000 German Public Schools. In the year
1924 only 557, 1934 152 remained. In the year 1937 alone in one Month 10 german public schools were closed.
German Parents were forced to send their children to polish schools or harrased to leave the country.
German Teachers had to get the „loyalty Degree" to be allowed to teach on schools. Stating that one considered
himself as of German Origin, was enough reason to be denied of this „Degree" and thus unable to teach.

1931 the Warsawer „Researchinstitute for nationalety-Questions" proudly announces in a report, that allready up
to 1 Million Germans left the country.

" It might seem boring, to list evry single terroract, every report would be extremly long in Detail. But certain
facts simply can not stay unmentioned, the civilised World has to hear them. Ist about the terribe and inhuman
Barbarism in polish Prisons."

Manchester Guardian from 12th December 1931: Headline: >Oppression of Ukrainians, Methods of Middle Ages
revived by Poles. From our Special Correspondant, Lemberg<"

"The Minoretys in Poland must be liquidated. Its the polish policy which makes sure, that they not only
disapear on paper. This Policy is recklessly drive forward without the slightest concern about World Public
Opinion, international agreements or the League of Nations. The Ukraine has become under polish Rule a true
hellhole. One can say the same for White-Russia even more. The aim of the polish policy is the liquidation of all
national minoretys, not only on paper but also in realety."

>manchaster Guardian" 14th December 1931, Special Report from Warsaw.<

THE DIPLOMATIC FRONT: Danzig

German/Polish Relations up to 1939: The Western Powers, mainly France, were hopeing to find a status quo to
cement the situation on the East borders and get somthing like a Locarno Treaty, for the east, which would make
Germany finaly accept the Borders in the East as they were created by Versailles. But not even the weak Weimar
Republic wanted or dared to accept such a notion. Stresemann (a apeaser) was not even willing to discuss this
matter.

1933 when NS came to Power the Poles wer willing to lead a „preemtive War" and allready made Plans for this
action. But France was not ready and did not want to apear as aggressor in public Opinion, since Germany at that
time behaved very calm and did not want to arouse ist neighbours.
1934 Hitler initiated a Non-agression Pact between Poland(Marshal Pilsudski) and Germany. This was not only a
tacticall maneuver to apease the Poles for the momment, but he was also hoping to get them into a alliance in the
long run against Soviet-Russia.
On 23rd May 1935 (after Pilsudskis death) he conferated with polish foreign Minister Beck and made consessions
about the East Borders to come to a final settlement.

A Plebescite in the Korridor should take place under international observation. If this would fall out in favour of
Poland, he was willing to renounce Posen and West-Prussia, letting Germany get a Exterritorial Highway and
Railway through the corridor, Danzig was to completely return to the Reich. If the Votes were for Germany, then
Poland would get a exterritorial passage to a Port. This was to be combined with a friendship and military treaty,
which would make Poland and Germany to Allies (directed against Soviets).

The Poles were not willing to come to a agreement with Germany. Supression of the Germans continued and in the
year 1936 when Germany reoccupied the Rhineland, were willing and prepared to joint France in Military actions
against Germany.

In the Year 1938 as sudetenland came back home, Poland occupied Parts of Czechia where small polish minoretys
lived (Olsa-Region). Those also had completely German enclaves, which were imediatly terrorised. Up to 5th
November 1938 allready 5000 Germans fled across the border and were sheltered in refugee-camps.

On 24th October 1938 meeting Ribbentrop/Beck again trying to get a settlement with Poland (as mentioned above).
5th January 1939 Beck meets with Hitler. Same situation. 26th Jannuary 1939 Ribbentrop visits Warsaw and
consults with Beck. This time Germany renounces ist wish on a military partnership. At all these Negotiations
Germany just is concerned on the Danzig and Korridor-matter. Posen and Upper-Silesia are of no concern. Thus
Hitler renounces territory not even Weimar was willing to give up. (I personaly find this outragous! I wouldnt
have given up one grain to those ..... grrrrrr!)

On 21st March Hitler offers Poland through Ribbentrop a 25 year non-aggression treaty and a guarantee of the
Polish Borders, just Danzig has to return! On 26th March 1939 Poland rejects this offer in a very violant manner
and answers, if Germany continues to persists on Danzig, this would mean War!

After on 31st March the British Guarantee arrived in Warsaw, it was for Hitler clear that Poland can no longer be
convinced into Partnership.

On 4th May 1939 Ambasodor Henderson sends a letter to Secretary of State Lor Halifax:
Though the signs point to aperiod of lull, provided no grave incident unexpectedly intervenes, I am filled with the
gloomiest forebodings for the future and am far more apprehensive of war than I ever was last september.
Once again the German case on the immediate Issue is very far from eing either unjustefifiable or immoral. If a
impartial Martian were to act as arbitrator I cannot believe that he would give judgement otherwise than more or
less in accordance with Hitlers offer. Did he count on it being refused?
My thesis has always been that Germany cannot revert to normalety which, under pressure of public opinion, she
might as well yet do, untill her legitimate (in German eyes) aspirations have been satisfied. The Danzi-Corridor
question was, with Memel, one of these (see my despatch No.315 of March 9th).
It must be born in mind that Danzig and the Corridor was THE big question prior to 1933. One of the most
unpopular actions which Hitler ever did was his 1934 Treaty with Pilsudski. He had the whole of his Party against
him. Today all the most moderate Germans, who are opposed to a world war, are behind him in his present offer to
Poland. It is only the extremists (who want much more, i.e. the whole Corridor and Posen and Silesia ect.) who will
rejoice if the Poles are uncompromising. The Poles are thus merely playing the extremist game for them. According
to my Belgian colleague, practically all the diplomatic representetives her regard the German offer in itself as a
surprisingly favourable one. The dutch Minister, the United States Charge d'Affairs and my South African
collegue have themselves spoken to me in that sense. I consewuently ask myself wether, if we are going to fight
Germany, is it well advised to do so on a ground on which the world will not be united as to the immoralety of
Germanys case? Will even our Empire be united?......
Even so I am appaled at the thought of Danzig being even the ostensible cause, and I am even more appaled at
our fate being in the hands of the Poles. Heroic no doubt but foolhardy and ask anyone who knows them wether
they can be trusted.
Did Beck even play fair in London over the German offer. Ribbentrop asked me yesterday wether Beck had
informed His Majestys Govt. When he was in London of the German offer. I was oblidged to say that I honestly
did not know:to which Ribbentrop replied that his information from London was to the effect that he did not.
One thing we must realise is that though a general War is of course still utterly unpopulare here, the nation will be
much more united in support of Hitler than it would have been last September - before our advances to Russia
and the encirclement cry. On the polish issue itself it will be far more enthusiastic than over Sudeten or even the
Czechs.........
We stepped into the Polish breach and gave our guarantee unconditionaly and I rack my brains as to how we are
going to find a satisfactory issue out of our present eastern obligations. I suppose it is to optimistic to hope that
some form of arbitration could be found for a settlement of the Danzig and Corridor Issues.
The German ppl is sick of adventures but Poland and the corridor with the spectre of „enciclement" and „Soviet
Russia" in the Background is a battle cry which would more likely than any other to rally the whole nation.
On 5th Mai the Foreign Office sends a Memorandum to Henderson (Brit Ambassador in Berlin), which clearafies
the historic Situation of Danzig from their point of view. In it they claim for example, that the Province of Pommern
(Pomorez) is over 90% Polish :rolleyes: and that their claim on the korridor can not be denied. (That is the view
of the biased, Anti-German clique in the Foreign Office of ppl like Vansittard, Eden ect.)

On 12th May Henderson answers his critique on the memorandum:
My dear Strang.
Many thanks for the Foreign Office memorandum of may 5th on the Danzig Question.
Unpopular though it may be to say so, the „present position" portion (§ 15 to 22) does not strike me as a strictly
impartial statement of the problem between Germany and Poland. The Polish case is set out at some length, but
the German case is somewhat summarily dismissed in § 22 on the basis mostly of suppositions as to what her
ulterior aims are.
It is true unfortunately that thos suppositions are likely to be entirely correct, particularly if the past is any guide
to the future. Nevertheless, as you know, Germany has a case on ist own merits ans I should have thought that it
would have been fairer to state it, particularly if the memorandum is intended as a cabinetpaper. If it is desired to
dispose of it, is it not wisest to put a case at ist strongest, rather than at ist weakest?
Danzig is a purely German city and, quite apart from ultirior and sinister motives, it is a fact that even the most
pacific of Germans should desire ist return to the Reich. I doubt if at any time during the past year and a half Hitler
has had his people so much at the back of him as he has over this polish question. If Berlin had a Place de la
Concorde, the statue of Danzig would be no less veiled in crepe than Strasbourg was for fifty years.
It is the same with the corridor. It would be galling for any ntion to be cut off from a part of ist possessions by a
strip of territory belonging to some other Power.
Those two issues are at least as plain as the hypothetical ambitions quoted in §22 It is sad that it should be so,
but there they are and as such they have to be faced. The question therfore to my mind is how far these natural
aspirations, which date from long before Hitlers time or his expansionist dreams, can be satesfied without
predjudicing legitimate strategic and economical or psychological apprehensions of the Poles. .........
As the foreign office memorandum observes, Danzig is virtually already a microcosm of the Reich. In any case it is
not Polish and ist actual incorporation as a Free City (as offered by Hitler) in the Reich would make little
difference..........
In the mean time, the Poles are being ore and ore stuborn and aggressive and are allready talging about the
decisive Battle at the gates of Berlin.

On July 2nd 1939 Archbishop of Westminster , Cardinal Hinsley sends following Letter to the foreign office/Lord
Halifax:
Dear Lord Halifax,
For your information and without comment I send You a large map and a postcard which I have been brought
from Poland lately. They are stated to have a large circulation in that country. From the letter I have received
which I enclose here with, the purpose of these maps is to support propaganda offensive actions against the
Reich. This information will, no doubt, be in possession of the Foreign Office already, but in any case I consider
that my duty requires me to submit the matter to your judgement.
the secretary of Cardinal Hinsley to Lord Halifax 3rd July 1939:
Dear Lord Halifax
His Eminence Cardinal Hinsley instructs me to send you the enclosed map which was sent to him with the
memorandum attached, and also the letter and cutting sent to me, both being from Mr. John Ward Harmshaw.
Refering to his letter to your Lordship of yesterdays date, His Eminence submits for your information about
spirits of aggression among a large body of Poles.
The Cardinal wishes to observe that though we all desire peace this can be secured only by our people being
informed of the full truth on which depends justice. His Eminence feels that there would seen to be a danger of
Poland relying on the British and French guarantee in order to enlarge her claims beyond what is right or
reasonable. His eminence tells me to say that he does not desire a reply tho his or this letter of yesterday unless
your Lordship thinks that could be of any service to aid in the cause of peace."
As far as I know, these Polish Maps and asspirations were never printed in British Papers to inform the Public of
the Situation. There was also no pressure by the foreign Office on the Poles, to prevent such aggitation or to stop
the terror against ist minoretys.

Did the Foreign Office know of the Situation inside Polands?
In June 1939 Mr. Strang, head of the Central-european-deppartment of the Foreign Office (FO) and Mr. Gladwyn
Jebb, Secretary of Mr. Cdogan went of a information mission to Warsaw.
There the Poles state their stuborn demands as usual and give a fully false impression of the actuall situation and
their power. Cadogan writes to the foreign office:

It also shows - what we have heard from other sources - that in certain circles in Poland there is rather light
hearted confidence (or light-headed confidence). I hope that may not be dangerous.

And after talking with the head of the economic-department of polish Foreign ministry Wszelaki:
Wzelaki indeed went so far as to say that, if war broke out, hee feels that a terrible massacre of German
peasents might be difficult to prevent.

The Poles clearly state, that if Danzig would return to the Reich, this would be the end of the Polish Independance
(?) and that they would never tolerate German military presence or a economic union of Danzig with Germany. The
FO took it as it is, without reply. Thus was the return of Danzig on the way of negotiations practicly allready
impossible.
They were further informed with false „statistics" about east-prussia, that ist population is decreassing and that
50% of them are Poles anyway and that this matter will one day have to be solved in a for Poland favourable way.
For the first time in a FO document the Words apear:

That in any case population Transfers could be arranged. Jebb then trys to play this down and explains, that
this is „just a phantastic drem of the Poles" which „spooks around in their heads" (6 years later this „dream
became true with the help of the Western Allies and the „Transfer" was launched!

On 24th March 1939 UK-Ambasaddor in Warsaw Kennard writes to Cadogan/FO about riots against German
Minoretys in Bromberg and other major polish citys:
The students Revolts were followed remarkably by anti-German demonstrations in all the principal Polish
cities......unrepeatable insults were hurled at the German Reich and their Leader."

On 11th April the General-Consul of UK in Danzig reported to the FO: Following the recent Polish persecutions
of German residents in the Corridor there has been estensive flight of these Resident during Easter weekend to
Danzig and Germany.
(PRO FO 371/23016)

Kennard reports further (i] where minorety institutions have outgrown in size and function what the need of the
mnorety seem to justify, they will take advantage of any irregulareties to take action against them....... on these
grounds a regular campaign has been conducted against the institutions of German minoretys.[/i]

Now Mr. Kennard belongs to the inner Circle of the FO of Halifax, Vansitars ect. And is extremly Poland-Friendly.
Thus it is no wonder that in the End the Germans are foult, when he closes with so far Danzig is concerned it is
the Nazis who are the oppressors and the aggressors.

What was their „aggression"? Head of Senate Greiser and Gauleiter Forster demanded in passionate Speeches the
return of Danzig to Germany!

At about the same time nevile Henderson writes a very fair report on the matters of German being surpressed in a
memorandum on 31st July. He reports that the German Press does not put these reports on front Page, and thus
keep public opinion calm to leave possebilitys for further negotiations open.

Tennsions Intensefie: The Polish ultimatum from 4th August 1939

On 3rd June SenatePresident Greiser wrote in a Note to the polish Generalkommisar Chodaki, that the constant
raise of poliish duty-officials is unacceptable, since they started out with 6 and are now allready over 100. They
are also being armed and going on Patrol outside of their official office.
He demanded that they stay at the working place and be reduced. UK-envoy Shepard reports to the FO that they
are patrouling the countryside "so that their practical value is doubtfull"
In a answer to this note from 10th June the poles reject the demands and claim, that the number of duty-officials is
still to small and that they are even considering to increase them. This will be more likely, if - as planed - the
german officials of Danzig pledge their oath of loyalty to the Reich, since then their unbiasedness can not be
guarateed anymore.
Poland then declare, that from 1stAugust their officials will no longer control the Danzig margerine Factory
„Aamada Unida" and thus the export into Poland will be stoped, also for the Fish-company „Amada".
The Senate responds angry, and Shepherd must say which was in terms so stron as to be rude
The Senate accuses the polish inspectors of Espionage and demands that they are confined to their Buraus and
Offices of Work. The German Newspaper in Danzig then states, „If Export to Poland is not possible anymore, then
Danzig is forced to open ist Borders to Germany and redirect ist economy towards it. This would have practicly
meant, that Danzig would have been in a customs/trade Union with Germany.

Poland then declare, that all their Inspectors will keep on going on Patrol and they all will be armed.
Greiser answered in a Note, this will not be the cas, because Danzig will prohibit all polish duty-officials and expell
them from Danzig territory.

On 4th August Poland sent a Ultimatum to Danzig declaring, that if the polish officials are not allowed to go on
duty again until 5th August 8 pm, Poland will imeadiatly take actions of retaliation against the city. Polish officals
had the instructions to go on patrol armed and that if anyone tries to hold them up from doing their duty, they are
to use their weapons.

UK.Ambasador Kennard asked Foreignminister Beck how the polish Govt. Would have reacted, if the answer
from Danzig would not have been sufficient. He said, that Poland would have seen in this a first step of
reunification and would have been answered with economic sanctions, and if these were insufficient, they also
considered military actions.
Europe already stood on 4th August at the brink of a Polish-German War.

Allthough Hitler gave strict orders for deescalation to Forster, Forster ignored it and did not pass this directive on
to Senates-President Greiser. Greiser later said to High Kommisioner Burkhard if he had know the orders, he would
have never sent those harsh notes to the Poles.
A Press War began. The Polish Paper „Czas" wrote, that if Danzig thinks it can compromise Poland, then they
willget the answer through polish Kanons.
Henderson writes to the FO that this language of the Poles, irritated the german public extremly and that all
cautions for the press have been lifted and strong Words are put as Headlines in all Papers.

The Danzig Senate drew ist Orders back.
The polish Press, specialy the Paper „Czas" triumphed and started to mock Hitler and Germany. Also French and
other Western papers stated, that Germany was just a „Paper Tiger" and that Hitler lost his nerves. The Pages
were full of the „Danzig Climbdown".

The Press claims I lost my nerves, that threats are the only right way to handle me, that we climbed down
because the Poles stayed firm and that they showed True bravery. I read those idiotic articles in the french Press,
that I lost my nerves but the Poles kept theirs."
reports Commisar Burkhard, that Hitler said in a conferance
with him. He further states, this got Hitler so angry, that it was impossible for him to continue speaking for a
momment.
On 9th August the Baron von Weizsäcker called the polish representative Duke Lubomirski into the Foreign
Ministry and gave him a Note, saying that such Ultimatums as that of 4th August is in no way productive and to
come to friendly relations with Germany. The Reich wishes to express, that it would apreciate if Poland would
restraint itself from such offensive language.

On 1th August the German Ambasedor in Warsaw Baron Wühlish was called into the polish Foreign Ministry by
Mr. Arcizewski to „Receive a decleration from the Polish Goverment of very serious charcter."
The polish Govt. Can see no basis for Germany to intervene into Questions of Danzig and Poland. If in the future
there is any exchange of opinions on the Issiue of Danzig between Poland and Germany, then only because
Poland is willing to discuss this and show ist good will.
This decleration ended in the Warning: The polish Govt. will see any action of Danzig against the polish intrests
in the City as a danger to ist sovreignty and any support through Germany of Danzig as a act of Aggression
against Poland.

That was to much. Even the very polish friendly Mr. Makins in the FO said, Poland reacted to irate and rash. To
denie Hitler to speak for the rights of the Germans outside the borders and to make out of it a „casus belli" would
be considered by any other statesman as confronting.

When Beck received the German Note from 9th August he smiled and said „Now it begins". He deliberatly wrote
his reply so harsh. Lipski, who at that time was in Warsaw reports, that at Lunch with Arcizewski came to the
same conclusion, that the answer is to insulting and „adamant" and they tried to influance him to change it. „We
tried to reason with him" writes Lipski later, but he insisted that Arcizewski present the text as it was.

On 4th August (before Hitler knew about the Ultimatum) he talked with Kommisar Burkhard (Swiss High
Kommisioner of League of Nations for Danzig)
"If the Poles leave Danzig alone and if they dont play with marked cards and try to betray us, then I can wait.
But there has to be a final end to the suffering of our minoretys."

After the crisis of the Ultimatum was settled, Henderson wrote in deep concern to the FO that he is extremly
worried about the Situation and that there have been no negotioanions between the contrahendends since
March. If the Poles keep up their negative policy agains Germany, he fears that there soon will be War.
He gets as answer, London is convinced, that they should restraint themselves from any consultations with
Germany. Also the situation in England makes it currently impossible that Chamberlain can do anything for Peace,
just as little as Mussolini.

What a answer!

In the cabinett-meeting from 26th August 1939 Henderson explained that the polish Abassador has not spoken
with any German representative since 4 Months. He, Henderson, often tried to persuade Lipski to seek them up
and get talking, but always got the answer, hes got nothing to say to them. In this situation consultations of the
parties are essential and since Poland broke off all contact, it is upon them to pick it up again.

On 11th August Göring invited Lipski to a hunting trip, which was just another try to get back into discussions
with them.

On 14th August Henderson told Lipski, that Baron von Weizsäcker told him, that he seemed to have lost all
contact to him (quote: „Say, is the polish ambasedor still alive?"], Lipski answered, the German side always state
some wishes or demands. If they want anything, he is open for talks on the basis of the polish terms, which they
very well know.

That Hitler wanted to pick up the talks again also, Henerson reports to Halifax in a note from 23rd August. From
Ciano (Italian Foreign Minister) Henderson hears, that Hitler stated that only through direct consultations the
Problems can be solved. If the Poles do not show any signs of willingness, then he will be forced to take imediate
action. This also Henderson reports to London.

Cadogan makes a note: „I have discussed the Berlin Telegramm with Mr.Strang and Mr. Matkins....We think, it
is enough if we inform Mr. Beck about this information from Berlin. Beck must know himself what to make of it and
how to react. To use to much pressure on him in this situation would only make him suspicious and worried. I
think the news itself, and that we pass it on to him, can be considered as pressure enough. I dont think we should
ad much argumentation."
(you can tell I translated that - ist crappy ! )

Now imagine this. The Foreign Office gets notefied, that if the Poles do not send a negotiator to the Germans
within a week, the Hitler will take imediate action. ? War. One would think, that they do everything possible, to
prevent this and get Beck to raise his arse and not play around, since they are oblidged to join the conflict.

In the mean time Lipski talked to Göring on the hunting trip (24th August) but without results. The Poles were not
willing to back down from their demands.

On 29th August Henderson telegraphs Halifax: "Since my return the French, American and Italian
representatives are waiting at my doorstep, but no sign of the polish ambassedor, allthough we understand each
other very well. I think Poland is also oblidged to do his part to secure world peace, and also in its very own
intrest, more than any other nation, to try to reduce tensione between itself and ist mighty neighbours."

On 30th August the Poles ordered their General Mobilisation.

On 31st August Henderson urges Lipski to telephone with his Minister, and to get the permission to meet with
Ribbetrop to find out what the german suggestions are. Lipski promised it, but Henderson doubtet that he
actually will.
In a „minute" from 31st august Cadogan notes a Report from Wilsons to the PM of a dramatic telephone
conversation in Berlin. Henderson, Sir Ogilvie-Forbes and Dahlerus (Görings envoy) visited the Polish
ambassedor and wanted to give him the 16 German consultation points, which Lipski denied to even accept or
hear.
No. 589 - Minute by Sir A.Cadogan (C 13161/15/18)

Foreign Office, August 31, 1939
Sir Hoarace Wilson reported to the Prime Minister and the Secretary of State this morning that M. Dahlerus had
rung up No. 10 Downing Street and he answered him.
M. Dahlerus said that he had spent most of the night with Field-Marshal Göring. The German proposal had been
formulated and were extremly liberal. Thes terms had been formulated in order to show how extremly anxious
the Führer was to reach an agreement with Great Britain.
N. Dahlerus, who was telephoning from the Ambassedors room at the British Embassy proceeded to say that he,
the Ambassedor and Sir George Ogivile-Forbes had been to see the Polish ambassador. He had
communicated the German terms to the latter, who had replied that acceptance would be out of the question
and that his Goverment would not give way.
Sir Horace Wilson tried to prevent M. Dahlerus continuing in
his strain on the telephone, it was quite obvious that the Germans were taking down the message. M.
Dahlerus nevertheless proceeded to observe that it was clear to „us" that the Poles were obstructing
possibilities of negotiations. Sir Horace Wilson attempted again to moderate M. Dahlerus, but the latte
continued to the effect people round Herr Hitler were doing the best to restrain him, but that if the Poles would
not come to Berlin... (at this point Sir Horace cut off)
On 31st August the German Army allready was prepared to strike. Hitler waited to the last hour for a Polish envoy
to negotiate.
I might add - that while this was all going on, the polish terror against the 1,5 Million Germans continued and that
in the border refugee-camps over 200.000 Germans were sheltered which were getting more very day.

On 31st August Görings „Forschungsamt" (Intelligence Burau which tapped & deciphered all telephon calls in
central Europe) caught a call from Foreign Minister Beck to Lipski, instructing him not to meet with the Germans
and to stall for time.

The highly efficient German intelligence system proved ist worth that afternoon in Berlin. Beck's telephone call
including the secret message was instantly decoded. Here was proof to the German Goverment of Polands
delaying tactics and refusal to negotiate seriously."
Sidney Aster, The making of the second World War, pg.

After Hitler received this message, he signed „Directive No. 1" „Fall Weiss" .

The German - Polish war was on.

This then could be the end of my lecture dear children :D
But there still is a picture Part to follow, which will hopefully impress you. (The Bloodsunday of Bromberg)

I will leave you now with some quotes and then you can go outside and play.

Lloyd George asked why he had risked involving in a war with Germany? According to the account information
at his disposal neither the German General Staff nor Hitler would ever risk war if they knew that they would have
to fight at the same time on two fronts - the West and the East. Lloyd George then asked just where the second
front was. The PM answered: „Poland!"
Lloyd George burst into laughter. „..Your statement of today is a irresponsible game of chance which can end up
very badly."
Aster, p 115

Instead ist purpouse was to serve as a pretex for going to war with Germany.
...there is little doubt that Chamberlain and Halifax and the majorety of the Cabinet were ready to challenge
Germany. – The only alternative was for Britain to abdicate as a Great Power.
Why Russia had not been included? The PM told him that Poland and Roumania had objected. In that case why
was Chamberlain now threatening to involve Britain in a War with Germany? Chamberlain replied that the German
Generall Staff would never risk a war if they knew they would have to fight on two fronts simultaneously, namly
the West and in Poland. Lloyd George burst into Laughter and began to jibe Chamberlain explaining that Poland
had no air force to speak of an inadequetely mechanised army, worse than mediocre armaments and that Poland
was weak internally - economically and politically.
Simon Newman, March 1939, The British Guarantee to
Poland, London 1976

In the West there are all sorts of Elements who oenly push for War. The Jews, the Capitalists, the Arms-
Industry. All are awaiting the buisness of their lifetime, because they have found a place which they can put on
fire: Danzig; and a Nation, who is ready to fight: Poland. On our hide they want to earn the big money. The
destruction of our Country doesnt intrest them one bit. On the contrary: Since everything will afterwards have to
be rebuild, they would also earn on that.
Coutn Potocki, Polish Ambassedor in USA, 1939 in Warsaw. ? J.
Szembeck „Journal 1933.1939" Paris 1952, p 475/476

This is the Part for all the Kiddies who are to lazy or stupid to read. Right Children - its picture-time!
But wait - we will have to add some text, so you know what its about.

THE BLOODY SUNDAY IN BROMBERG

Begining of August 1939 Poland intensefied ist terror against the German minoretys. They were not allowed to
posses Radios and had to deliver them at the Mayors office or at a Police Station. Schools and Churches were
closed.
Specialy against Protestant Clergy and churches the local polish authoreties together with the Mob, they
pressured and terrorised.

Some Data:
1) 2. March 1939 - The Windows of the Christ-church in Posen, as well of the Pastors-Office were smashed
2) 12. March Pastor Diestelkamp from Wisseck was ambushed by 15 - 20 Teenagers, thrown off his Motercycle
and severly misstreated. The Police stood along the road and just watched without interfering.
3) 3. March - Pastors-Residence in Schokken was attacked and 22 Windows smashed.
4) 29. March - Polish Mob demonstrates in front of the Pastors-Residenz in Kruschwitz and demolishes 21
windows.
5) 31.March Pastor (Superintendet) Assmann from Bromberg and Church-eldest Quade from Labischin are
assoulted with rocks.
6) 15.April Vicar Ortlieb in Neubarkoschin is attacked on the streets, beaten up, and kicked in the face with
boots.
7) In the night from 18th to 19th April the Church in Lonkorss is vandalized. 63 Windows smashed.
8) 19th April Priest Schenk in Hallkirch is assoulted and injured by through stones.
9) 28.April Cemetary in Neulaube is destroyed
10) Same day, the Church in Zirke is attacked.
11) 2.May sunday-School-teacher Lenz is assoulted while on his way from Schubin to Klein Salzdorf, thrown
from hic bycicle and heavely injured. Bike and suitcase are stolen.
12) In the night from 3rd to 4th May the Curch in Briesen ins Vandalized and painted with Anti-German Parols.
13) 7.May The Divine Service in Rakot is disturbed through a Mob. The Germans are forced to flee and the Gate
of the Church is nailed closed
14) 24.May The Altarwindow of Church in Rheinsberg is smashed
15) 24.May Priest Schenk in Hallkirch is again stoned while driving to work.
16) 2.June Church in Staykowo is vandalized. 16 Windows smashed
17) 5th and 6th June the Church and pastors-Residenz in Hohensalza is attacked. Pastor (Superintendent)
Diestelkamp is injured on the head through stones.

On 31st August in the City of Bromberg and sorounding, polish mob, supported by Units of the Military and
Police started to hunt down the Germans. Through Radio the polish Govt. claimed, these were spys and a „5th
Colum" of traitors ect.

1) Mrs. Ristau, Frieda, Age 31. Member of the slayed group found at Eichdorf-Netzheim; Mother of 3 children,
which were able to escape their murders by a coinsidance. Rifle-shot into the back of the head.

2) Kluck, Wiethold, Age 34, Member of murdered group found at Jesuitersee. Bullet-Exit at eye-level.

3) Mrs. Kempf, age 25, murdered in Wiesenau, district Hohensalza. With her were murdered: her husband, age 36,
her children Hilde K., age 9 and Helene K, age 2 ½. Further the old Couple Kempf age 70 and 65, and the servant
Theodor Dräger, age 17. In total 7 persons. Killed by Pistolshot into the skull (-> a), also crushing of the right 4th
and 5th finger (shown as b and c). The woman was pregnant and in her 9th month. Apperently this is not a case of
a „coffin birth" where the child exited through decay gases, but rather birth took place while the woman was in
her death struggle.

4) Woman in Bromberg at the corpse of her slain husband

5) Memebers of the foreign press convince themselves of the polish attroceties against ethnic Germans. Up front
in dark suit, The Katholik Priest of the Herz-Jesu-church in Bromberg, to identefy the members of his community.

6) Foreign Doctors as members of the international investigation board listen to the eye-wittness reports of the 14
year old Dora Radler from Klein Bartelsee by Bromberg of the murder of her Father and 2 Brothers. From left to
right: Dr. Espionsa (Chily), Dr. Karellas (Greece), Dr. Santoro (Italy), Dr.Faroqhi (India), Dr. Ohanian (Persia)

7) Hier lay 18 victims which were found lined up along the Bromberg-chanel, including 2 children. Except for one
person, all had their hands tied to their backs.

8) Massgrave of 45 murderd ethnic Germans by Sompolno, 41 of them peasents of the Hamlet Sockelstein near
Wreschen.

Cadogan writes to the foreign office:
Wzelaki indeed went so far as to say that, if war broke out, hee feels that a terrible massacre of German
peasents might be difficult to prevent.
Hitler behaved as if we were at maneuvers. With a armored car he would drive to the front and then
through the forests, which still sheltered polish snipers and cut off troops. Once, while driving through the brush
somwhere near the River Weichsel, we found the remains of a German Hospital-Colum, which were sloughtered
by the Poles just 20 minutes before. I could see how Hitlers face turned red and mumbelt „They will pay for
this!"

Heinz Linge, „Bis zum Untergang" -Als Chef des persönlichen Dienstes bei Hitler. Herbig-Verlag. ISBN 3-7766-
1021-2.
Heinz Linge, „To the final End", As chief of Hitlers personal Staff (=Butler)"

9) Ethnic German Farmer from the Hamlet Langenau by Bromberg

10) Ethnic-German Farmer from the Hamlet Otteraue by Bromberg

Family Berger.
Mrs. Hilde Berger, Age 24, - Child Egon Berger, Age 4 Months, Mr. Hermann Berger, age 26
Murdered in Wiesenau, District Hohensalza. All 3 Persons were killed by a handgrenade into their Basement. The
Infant was found in the arms of his mother. The Husband adittionaly was shot with a rifle. The Bullet entered the
left throat and exited from the right ches-side around the shoulder.

Renz, Günther, Age 9. Member of the murderd group found at Eichdorf-Netzheim. Murder of 36 Ethnic-Germans,
from the age of 3 to 82. Perpetretors: Polish Military Unit.
Together with this boy his 4 year old sister and 45 year old father were murderd, and on a different crime scene,
his 80 year old Grandmother was found.

Heller, Willi, Age 19. Part of the murdered group found at Jesuitersee. 33 Stabwounds through dagger or Bajonet.
Wound marked wit arrow was leathal.

Statistics:

Polish concentration-Camps:
SZCYPIORNO, Province of Posen. Opend 1918
STRALKOWO, Posen,. Opend 1919

BEREZA-KARTUSKA (Galicia), Opend 1926 (mainly Ukrainians)
BREST-LITOWSK, 1926 (for Ukrainians)

In 1939:
Camp CHOZDEN, former suger factory between Leslau and Kutno. In the first days of September 7.000 Germans
were interned there.
BROMBERG

In August/September Germans were rounded up and sent on „death-marches" towards Kutno, Lowitsh, Warsaw,
Sochaczew, Blonia, Kostpol and Bereza_Kartuska.

In 1945 they built adittional camps at:
POTULICE near BROMBERG (this camp was closed 1950)

LAMBSDORF. In this camp 6.048 Germans of 8.000 were brutaly murdered.

Further Camps:
TOST near Gleiwitz, MYSLOWITZ in Upper-Silesia, GRANOWO by Lissa, SIKAWA by Lodz, JAWORZNO by
Tschenstochau, as well as the less know camps QUELLENGRUND and KREUTBERG.
The Federal Archive in Koblenz, later registered 1.227 Concentration camps, without counting the 227 Prisons.

September 1939: A Ethnic-German Granny thanks our soldiers for the liberation from polish Terror.

On the Blood Sunday of Bromberg 5.437 Germans were murderd.
Until November 1939 further Massgraves were found, with other German but also Ukrainian Victims, which led to
a total of around 12.000 victims which were killed in August/September 1939

From 1919 to August 1939 a total of ca. 58.500 Germans were killed and 1,1 Million driven out of „Poland".
In September 1939 on polish territory 1,4 Million Germans remained from the 2,5 Million in 1919.

In the Year 1945 15 Million Germans were driven out of Silesia, Pommeria, East- and Westprussia and Danzig. 3,5
Million were killed.

I must add, we will never get the Poles to show themselves satesfied. Nothing can ever satesfie
them.
Winston Churchill, „The Second World War", Book 2, Volume 5, Page 98

"Our main aim must be to correct the Borders of Upper-Silesia and the Polish Corridor. The current
peace in Europe is the peace of brutal Force."

US-Senator Borah, Chairman of the Foreign-Affairs board of the US-Senate 1931

My sources:
1) Historische Tatsachen Nr. 28: Polens imperialistischer Volkstumskampf 1919-1939, von Else Löser
2) Max Klüver, „Die Kriegstreiber" Englands Politik gegen Deutschland 1937 - 1939", Druffel Verlag, ISBN 3-
8061-1117 0
3) Else Löser, Polen und die Fälschungen seiner Geschichte, Selbstverlag
4) Dokumente Polnischer Grausamkeiten, hrsg. Im auftrage des Auswärtigen Amtes..., (Nachdruck) Arndt-Verlag,
ISBN 3-88741-178-1
5) Rudolf Trenkel, „Der Bromberger Blutsonntag", Nordland-Verlag 1981
6) Rudolf Trenkel, „Die Hölle von Lambsdorf"

Roberto

Post by Roberto » 24 Jun 2002, 17:33

The pictures are highly impressive, for sure. Especially the one that clearly shows what a rifle bullet fired at close range does to a human head.

Too bad these otherwise outstanding documents are mingled with selective quotes and inaccurate data from highly biased and partisan sources.

Let’s just look at the figures:
On the Blood Sunday of Bromberg 5.437 Germans were murderd.
Until November 1939 further Massgraves were found, with other German but also Ukrainian Victims, which led to
a total of around 12.000 victims which were killed in August/September 1939
In November 1939, the German diplomatic service issued a document wherein it declared that 5,437 ethnic Germans had been killed in Poland during the German invasion in September 1939. The figure did not refer merely to the events at Bromberg on 3 September 1939 (two days after the outbreak of the war, contrary to what our anonymous author would like to make believe) known as the “Bromberger Blutsonntag”, but to the total of ethnic German victims of massacres throughout Poland during the German invasion.

The source of this information is Wolfgang Benz’ Legenden, Lügen, Vorurteile, as quoted in an article under the following link:

http://www.h-ref.de/dk/krieg/polen/bromb/brmb.shtml
From 1919 to August 1939 a total of ca. 58.500 Germans were killed and 1,1 Million driven out of „Poland".
In September 1939 on polish territory 1,4 Million Germans remained from the 2,5 Million in 1919.
According to the same source, Nazi propaganda blew up the death toll of the massacres of September 1939 to more 58,000, which figure was established by decree of the Reich Minister of the Interior dated 7 February 1940 as being to only figure henceforth to be mentioned in speeches, proclamations and other official pronouncements. The anonymous author seems to have added this figure to ca. 500 ethnic Germans killed by Poles prior to September 1939 and is presenting the result of this addition as the number of ethnic Germans killed in Poland “from 1919 to August 1939”. The figures on pre-war expulsions should be no more reliable.
In the Year 1945 15 Million Germans were driven out of Silesia, Pommeria, East- and Westprussia and Danzig. 3,5 Million were killed.
3.5 million dead – now the anonymous author is putting it on real thick. These are the figures on the expulsion tragedy established in 1958 by the statistics bureau (Statistisches Bundesamt) of the Federal Republic of Germany, as mentioned in the book Lexikon der Völkemorde by a native of Danzig, Prof. Gunnar Heinsohn of Bremen University:

Baltic Countries and Memel Territory
------------------------------------
Ethnic German population 1944/45: 256,000
Thereof fled or expelled: 256,000
Thereof perished during flight
or expulsion: 66,000

Yugoslavia
----------
Ethnic German population 1944/45: 550,000
Thereof fled or expelled: 523,000
or expulsion: 135,000

German Eastern territories (East Prussia, East Pomerania, East Brandenburg, Silesia, Danzig)
----------------------------------------------
Ethnic German population 1944/45: 10,000,000
Thereof fled or expelled: 7,400,000
Thereof perished during flight or
expulsion: 1,225,000

Poland
------
Ethnic German population 1944/45: 1,400,000
Thereof fled or expelled: 675,000
or expulsion: 263,000

Romania
-------
Ethnic German population 1944/45: 785,000
Thereof fled or expelled: 347,000
or expulsion: 101,000

Checoslovaquia
--------------
Ethnic German population 1944/45: 3,274,000
Thereof fled or expelled: 2,921,000
or expulsion: 238,000

Hungary
-------
Ethnic German population 1944/45: 597,000
Thereof fled or expelled: 259,000
or expulsion: 53,000

Total German Eastern territories and Eastern Europe
---------------------------------------------------
Ethnic German population 1944/45: 16,862,000
Thereof fled or expelled: 12,381,000
or expulsion: 2,081,000

These figures refer to the postwar period 1945-1950. During the war itself, according to Heinsohn's "Lexikon", ca. 1.1 million ethnic Germans from the above mentioned territories lost their lives, as members of the German armed forces, through the outrages of and on the flight from the conquering Red Army or through allied bombing. According a statement by the Bundesminister für Vertriebene in 1962, quoted by Heinsohn, there were 128,000 refugees from the Eastern territories among those killed by allied bombing in Germany.

If we add the figures of the German Federal Statistics Bureau for the German Eastern Territories and Poland, we get a total of 11,400,000 expellees and 1,488,000 deaths during expulsion for which the Poles are mostly if not exclusively responsible. Which means that the anonymous author somewhat exaggerated the number of expellees and more than doubled the actual death toll.

I consider such proceeding to be indecent, not to say obscene. The truth is horrible enough. There’s no need to strengthen the colors or deepen the shadows with exaggerations that obviously support a propagandistic agenda. The innocent victims deserve better than that.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”