where the german project aircrafts are stocked now ???

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Luftwaffe air units and general discussions on the Luftwaffe.
Melinka

Post by Melinka » 23 Jun 2005, 13:33

Hey ChrisMAg2,

vielen dank,
sure it's a tragic fate for it !!!
A B

MAX_theHitMan

Post by MAX_theHitMan » 29 Jun 2005, 02:46

yep...it´s a tragedy they never saved these aircraft (and mock-ups) and put them in a museum.

I wonder how many other "unknown" projects were also destroyed that were never saved up.
I know LUFT42 has a great list on projects but every-now-and-then a new aircraft comes to light. I don´t think all the projects are still known or have been unclassified by the allies.
What is your opinion?

ChrisMAg2

Post by ChrisMAg2 » 29 Jun 2005, 10:09

MAX_theHitMan wrote:yep...it´s a tragedy they never saved these aircraft (and mock-ups) and put them in a museum.

I wonder how many other "unknown" projects were also destroyed that were never saved up.
I know LUFT42 has a great list on projects but every-now-and-then a new aircraft comes to light. I don´t think all the projects are still known or have been unclassified by the allies.
What is your opinion?
...except it is luft46.com the main content (not all!) are only drawing board concepts, I can agree with you.
The allies looted quite a big amout of experimental a/c, and scrapped most of them:
here are some:
DFS 228, -> to GB, probabely scrapped
Hs 130, -> to GB, scrapped
Me P/1011, -> to US, scrapped
Hs 132, -> USSR, scrapped
DFS 346, -> USSR, scrapped
Ju EF 131, -> USSR, scrapped
BV 155, ->GB, later US, now NASM
Ju388 L, -> US, now NASM
Go 229 V3, -> US, now NASM
Li 13a/ DM-1, -> US, now NASM
Me 209 V2, ->PL
etc.

Cantankerous

Re: where the german project aircrafts are stocked now ???

Post by Cantankerous » 15 Jun 2022, 18:43

ChrisMAg2 wrote:
29 Jun 2005, 10:09
MAX_theHitMan wrote:yep...it´s a tragedy they never saved these aircraft (and mock-ups) and put them in a museum.

What is your opinion?
...except it is luft46.com the main content (not all!) are only drawing board concepts, I can agree with you.
The allies looted quite a big amout of experimental a/c, and scrapped most of them:
here are some:
DFS 228, -> to GB, probabely scrapped
Hs 130, -> to GB, scrapped
Me P/1011, -> to US, scrapped
Hs 132, -> USSR, scrapped
DFS 346, -> USSR, scrapped
Ju EF 131, -> USSR, scrapped
BV 155, ->GB, later US, now NASM
Ju388 L, -> US, now NASM
Go 229 V3, -> US, now NASM
Li 13a/ DM-1, -> US, now NASM
Me 209 V2, ->PL
etc.
The Henschel Hs 130 high-altitude reconnaissance barely managed to move past the prototype stage because only about two dozen pre-production Hs 130s were manufactured. Although there is a photo of the incomplete first prototype of the Henschel Hs 132 jet dive bomber, it is unclear if the Red Army scrapped the incomplete Hs 132 prototypes without ever giving former Henschel employees the opportunity to complete the Hs 132 prototypes and flight test them in Germany or the USSR after the war.

Photos of the first Me 209 prototype in a derelict condition at the Polish Aviation Museum in Kraków, Poland can be found at this link:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Cate ... ion_Museum

Return to “Luftwaffe air units and Luftwaffe in general”