Luftwaffe Books in Preparation.....

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Erich

Luftwaffe Books in Preparation.....

Post by Erich » 07 Apr 2002, 23:49

Gentlemen :

Ok, here are some titles that are in the works for this year and next.......hopefully !

Operation Bodenplätte by Ron Putz and John Manhro. Nearly completed and I think just going through the final publication processes. Covers all the Ardenne Campaign. Meticulously researched. In English.

Sturmstaffel 1 by friend Barry Smith and will be published by next spring. In English, covering the heavily armored Fw 190's in squadron strength. Misnomer and known as Rammjägern which it was not. The book in over 400 pages and 350 photographs will cover this squadron and it's dissolvemnet into II.Sturm/JG 4 and IV.Sturm/JG 3, both units covered in our web-pages.

JG 300 by Jean Yves Lorant and Richard Goyat. To be published by Christmas in English ? French version being worked on as well, with the Book being translated into English as I type this. First person accounts, losses/victory lists and by some experten the best Luftwaffe fighter photos known. this book has been in preparation for over 20 years and Jean Yves has interviewed all living members of Jg 300 and their families.........an incredible work to be published by Eagle-editions.

JG 301/302, second addition by Luftwaffe pilot Willi Reschke. Willi has revised his classic on the Wilde-Sau units with much new information. In Deutsch. No publication date set yet.

Nachtschlachtgeschwader by friend Christian Möller. In Deutsch with no publication date set. Christian's grandfather served in one eastern Front unit from it's inception until his death over the Ost Front in 1943. Christian has used this background and has interviewed countless pilots and crews of these night ground attack units. He has amassed some incredible information, documents, and photos.

The last several books will be published through http://www.eagle-editions.com
Notice, I am not affilated in any way with the Crandall's, just a friend. Ok that is cleared up now.......

Graf and Grislawski by Christer Bergström. you guessed it ! Intense and accurate bio's of two of the top-notch Luftwaffe fighter pilots with text and over 300 photos to accompany the work. Profiles by noted artist Claes Sundin.

Wolfgang Falck by Jerry Crandall. Full bio on the father of the Nachtjagd. English text.

Eagles of the Luftwaffe. 35 years of preparation, by Jerry Crandall. In English with 2 volumes/ one of them with a signed bookplate. Fighter pilots in all theaters of operations, a must have !

Our own work continues........uh oh ! a plug coming........
no date set, Deutsch and English. Possibly 2 volumes. authors :
Gordon Permann, Carlo Sansilvestri and myself.

Moskitojäger über Deutschland

will cover the attempts by the Luftwaffe to intercept the wooden wonder flying over Germany, especailly Berlin. Much indepth coverage as to flak and searchlight defences, JG 300, 1./NJGr 10, NJG 11's Fw 190's and Bf 109's. We will finish up the book with lengthy discussions and many first person accounts of 10./NJG 11(Kommando Welter). Some very intersting info we have uncovered on this most mysterious man and his small 262 staffel. We will put away many myths that have surrounded this unit since it's surrender. Maps, documents and photos included.......ok enough of this.

more to come shortly !

:D :D

E

David C. Clarke

excellent!!

Post by David C. Clarke » 09 Apr 2002, 21:46

Hi Erich, if you pardon the pun, it's great to know what's on the horizon!!! All of these works sound interesting, although I hope that Christian Möller's work will eventually be published in English. But quite an impressive list, I hope you keep the Board updated. Very Best Regards, David :D :D :D

Erich

Post by Erich » 09 Apr 2002, 22:12

Hey David ! :D

Ya know thinking about this further.....christian's work, I think it is going to be a dual language version. He has always written to me in English and I see his articles in the Luftwaffe Verband 1/4ly all the time. Believe me he has some incredible information to share in his monster tome.

E

David C. Clarke

Alright!

Post by David C. Clarke » 10 Apr 2002, 01:23

Now that's what I like to hear. How come you Luftwaffe types get more books out then us Armor types? There hasn't been a good book on Wehrmacht tankers, as opposed to their tanks, for a long while. Best Regards, David :D :D :D (P.S., Sorry for the short rant.)

Erich

Post by Erich » 10 Apr 2002, 01:32

David :

Now how do I answer that ? ! :P can't say that I can, but I think the big book promised for who knows how long.......Drama Between Budapest and Wien is due out this year. I know it has been in the works it seems forever and first done in Deutsch, so now with some 100 pics and in English it hsould be a keeper....I hope ! I am looking forward to it just see the documentation about this end of the war, no nothing areas that are never mentioned in the war histories.

E

Erich

two other Luftwaffe titles.....

Post by Erich » 01 May 2002, 23:35

Martin Pegg, author of the fantastic Hs 129 book is working on another Tome covering another great ground attack a/c......more on this later.

Ron Putz and Axel Urbanke are working closely on delivering us Lufties with a wonderful work on JG 6.

E

Cantankerous

Re: Luftwaffe Books in Preparation.....

Post by Cantankerous » 31 Mar 2021, 02:07

Erich wrote:
07 Apr 2002, 23:49
Gentlemen :

Ok, here are some titles that are in the works for this year and next.......hopefully !

Operation Bodenplätte by Ron Putz and John Manhro. Nearly completed and I think just going through the final publication processes. Covers all the Ardenne Campaign. Meticulously researched. In English.

Sturmstaffel 1 by friend Barry Smith and will be published by next spring. In English, covering the heavily armored Fw 190's in squadron strength. Misnomer and known as Rammjägern which it was not. The book in over 400 pages and 350 photographs will cover this squadron and it's dissolvemnet into II.Sturm/JG 4 and IV.Sturm/JG 3, both units covered in our web-pages.

JG 300 by Jean Yves Lorant and Richard Goyat. To be published by Christmas in English ? French version being worked on as well, with the Book being translated into English as I type this. First person accounts, losses/victory lists and by some experten the best Luftwaffe fighter photos known. this book has been in preparation for over 20 years and Jean Yves has interviewed all living members of Jg 300 and their families.........an incredible work to be published by Eagle-editions.

JG 301/302, second addition by Luftwaffe pilot Willi Reschke. Willi has revised his classic on the Wilde-Sau units with much new information. In Deutsch. No publication date set yet.

Nachtschlachtgeschwader by friend Christian Möller. In Deutsch with no publication date set. Christian's grandfather served in one eastern Front unit from it's inception until his death over the Ost Front in 1943. Christian has used this background and has interviewed countless pilots and crews of these night ground attack units. He has amassed some incredible information, documents, and photos.

The last several books will be published through http://www.eagle-editions.com
Notice, I am not affilated in any way with the Crandall's, just a friend. Ok that is cleared up now.......

Graf and Grislawski by Christer Bergström. you guessed it ! Intense and accurate bio's of two of the top-notch Luftwaffe fighter pilots with text and over 300 photos to accompany the work. Profiles by noted artist Claes Sundin.

Wolfgang Falck by Jerry Crandall. Full bio on the father of the Nachtjagd. English text.

Eagles of the Luftwaffe. 35 years of preparation, by Jerry Crandall. In English with 2 volumes/ one of them with a signed bookplate. Fighter pilots in all theaters of operations, a must have !

Our own work continues........uh oh ! a plug coming........
no date set, Deutsch and English. Possibly 2 volumes. authors :
Gordon Permann, Carlo Sansilvestri and myself.

Moskitojäger über Deutschland

will cover the attempts by the Luftwaffe to intercept the wooden wonder flying over Germany, especailly Berlin. Much indepth coverage as to flak and searchlight defences, JG 300, 1./NJGr 10, NJG 11's Fw 190's and Bf 109's. We will finish up the book with lengthy discussions and many first person accounts of 10./NJG 11(Kommando Welter). Some very intersting info we have uncovered on this most mysterious man and his small 262 staffel. We will put away many myths that have surrounded this unit since it's surrender. Maps, documents and photos included.......ok enough of this.

more to come shortly !

:D :D

E
The book about JG 300 was published in 2005 (https://www.amazon.com/300-Wilde-Sau-Vo ... 0976103400), while the book about Operation Bodenplatte is now available (https://www.amazon.com/Bodenplatte-Luft ... 0811706869).

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”