SS-Personalakte Eicke

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
folkert

SS-Personalakte Eicke

Post by folkert » 12 Sep 2006 04:51

Hey,

I am doing research on Theodor Eicke. Currently I am reading the book from Syndor (Soldaten des Todes. Die 3. SS-Division Totenkopf. 1933-1945) and I found out there is a Personal File about Eicke in the Berlin Document Center (BDC).

Does anyone know how I can obtain these papers? Has anyone heard of this institute?

Hope you can help me.

Folkert.

Harro

Post by Harro » 12 Sep 2006 09:41

Folkert, quite honestly I find this a bit strange. Two weeks ago I told you exactly how to obtain his Personalakte, remember? I told you about NARA and the BDC in the Dutch forum, I told you about the costs and who to write to...
Timo wrote:Heb je zijn Personalakten uit het Bundesarchiv in Berlijn (voormalig BDC) of uit de NARA? Als je die niet hebt dan zou ik toch beginnen met het opvragen van de twee microfilmrollen met zijn Personalakte van het toenmalige SS-Personalhauptamt en zijn RuSHA-Akte want dat is toch wel het absolute minimum. Ze kosten 64 dollar per stuk en je kunt ze aanvragen via James Kelling van de NARA.
You can order his Personalakte through NARA by sending an email to [email protected] or [email protected] . The Berlin Document Centre no longer exists but their files are in the Bundesarchiv in Berlin. You can contact them at: http://www.bundesarchiv.de but keep in mind that these are the exact same files as those available at NARA.

Andreas Schulz

Post by Andreas Schulz » 12 Sep 2006 10:06

Harro

Post by Harro » 12 Sep 2006 10:13

:) Actually Folkert knew that too because two weeks ago in the Dutch forum Kevin told him...
KevinP wrote:Een deel van de documenten die Timo noemt, zijn online gezet door het Simon Wiesenthal Centre. Klik hier voor hun file over Eicke.

folkert

Post by folkert » 12 Sep 2006 10:55

Yeah,

I know about the files between Himmler and Eicke. I Possess those papers. I got them from the Humboldt University (EURO: 20.00,-). That I have, but I do not have the Personalakte from Eicke.

Obviously I missed something here. I dit not know about NARA. But I will get into it. I will send them an email.

Normally I am on top on things, thus it surprises me I missed your message.

Anyway, thanks for your advise (again).

Folkert.

Harro

Post by Harro » 12 Sep 2006 12:42

Very odd. See my PM

zhitomir1943

Re: SS-Personalakte Eicke

Post by zhitomir1943 » 01 Oct 2011 06:06

Hello,
i just saw your article.
interesting.
I spoke to an old fellow who told me his unit was dig in to a position in a cemetary, behind a berm, outside of Zhitomir. They came under very heavy Russian shell fire which churned up the cemetary. He said it was total carnage. After the barrage was over, he found a grave marked with the name "Theodor Eicke" . He gave the grave marker to a dispatch rider who took it to the rear. He heard nothing for a while, until the word came back that the dispatch rider had been awarded an iron cross (of some level/merit?).

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”