Rapes committed by Germans, Allies & Russian Bolsheviks

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Panzermahn

Rapes committed by Germans, Allies & Russian Bolsheviks

Post by Panzermahn » 03 Nov 2002 05:10

does anyone had any statistics for comparison between rapes committed by Germans, Allies & Russian Bolsheviks against the civillians and innocent women?

Davey Boy

Re: Rapes committed by Germans, Allies & Russian Bolshev

Post by Davey Boy » 03 Nov 2002 05:34

panzermahn wrote:does anyone had any statistics for comparison between rapes committed by Germans, Allies & Russian Bolsheviks against the civillians and innocent women?

Not sure about the stats, but I can say that the Soviets seemed to have raped as many Polish women as the Germans.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 03 Nov 2002 12:49

A comment in very bad taste made by Scott Smith was deleted.

/Marcus

wildboar

rapes commited by......

Post by wildboar » 03 Nov 2002 13:07

panzermahn,
for statistics of soviet rapes of women in germany you can see many posts i have made on said subject in this forum.

HETMAN,
while i dont i have any statistics regarding rape's of polish womens by red-army , also i have no doubt that that some incident of rape occured in poland but the difference of what red-army did in germany and poland is that in poland it was work of some mad soldiers (and it was not pre-planned) in there individual capacity while in germany red army commited it on verbal orders of mr beria and were planned by nvkd.
another difference is that those soldiers who commited act of rapes in poland were punished by nvkd blocking detachments accompyning red army but in germany it was nvkd which encouraged mass rapes and punished core group of officer of red army led by lev kopelev who were opposed to such barbaric form of vengance.
have got any link for rape's commited by red army in poland?

Davey Boy

Re: rapes commited by......

Post by Davey Boy » 03 Nov 2002 13:22

wildboar wrote:panzermahn,
for statistics of soviet rapes of women in germany you can see many posts i have made on said subject in this forum.

HETMAN,
while i dont i have any statistics regarding rape's of polish womens by red-army , also i have no doubt that that some incident of rape occured in poland but the difference of what red-army did in germany and poland is that in poland it was work of some mad soldiers (and it was not pre-planned) in there individual capacity while in germany red army commited it on verbal orders of mr beria and were planned by nvkd.
another difference is that those soldiers who commited act of rapes in poland were punished by nvkd blocking detachments accompyning red army but in germany it was nvkd which encouraged mass rapes and punished core group of officer of red army led by lev kopelev who were opposed to such barbaric form of vengance.
have got any link for rape's commited by red army in poland?

Nah, I don't have any links. But I can tell you that almost all women in a village near where my mum was raised were treated to a bit of Soviet horizontal folk dancing, if you know what I mean.

And I should also add that the troops of eastern origin, which retreated with the Germans, raped the same women just a few days earlier.

The story I heard was that local midwives were making a roaring trade at the time performing abortions, mostly because the women who were raped by Kalmyks and Uzbeks were worried their kids would look like Mongols.

Then, after everything settled down, many Polish girls dated Russian officers. Many got married and had families.

Scott Smith

Re: Rapes committed by Germans, Allies & Russian Bolshev

Post by Scott Smith » 03 Nov 2002 14:22

HETMAN wrote:
panzermahn wrote:does anyone had any statistics for comparison between rapes committed by Germans, Allies & Russian Bolsheviks against the civillians and innocent women?

Not sure about the stats, but I can say that the Soviets seemed to have raped as many Polish women as the Germans.

Well, let's try again: Without "reliable" statistics that is a MEANINGLESS anecdote. To a chauvinistic Pole--another "meaningless" generality--any Polish woman "dating" a German or a Russian would be "raped." Why? This is not a surprising social and cultural perception. Whether it is ACTUALLY true or not, those of an approved social, cultural, racial, national or class background are LEAST likely to be perceived as rapists--or floozies for that matter. Pretty simple, really.
:)

Mark V
Financial supporter

Post by Mark V » 03 Nov 2002 16:15

Dear panzermahn:

This kind of comparisons of attrocities made by different countries, different time, in different circumstances if totally worthless. We must remember, but wallowing in these issues is not a healthy way to work the horrors of past either. I have watched you posting this kind "who is the baddest" -threads for some time now.

BTW. You should know that there is not a one reliable statistics about rapes. Not even in peacetimes. Rape is a crime where men in almost all cultures brand a shame to victim also, which is a terrible unjustice but nevertheless a sad fact. So, for every rape which is revealed there is at least equal number, but propably much higher number of rapes which never will be counted in statistics.

wildboar

What about pre-planned?

Post by wildboar » 06 Nov 2002 14:45

Mark V wrote:Dear panzermahn:

This kind of comparisons of attrocities made by different countries, different time, in different circumstances if totally worthless. We must remember, but wallowing in these issues is not a healthy way to work the horrors of past either. I have watched you posting this kind "who is the baddest" -threads for some time now.

BTW. You should know that there is not a one reliable statistics about rapes. Not even in peacetimes. Rape is a crime where men in almost all cultures brand a shame to victim also, which is a terrible unjustice but nevertheless a sad fact. So, for every rape which is revealed there is at least equal number, but propably much higher number of rapes which never will be counted in statistics.

Mark V
I would had agreed with your statement but that cannot be applied for for soviet mass rapes of geman women as it was organised by nvkd and it was permitted by soviet high command .
Indeed i hold Beria entirely responsible for occurence of mass rape's by soviet soldiers against german women

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”