Destruction LXVII Battaglione Bersaglieri corazzato

Discussions on all aspects of Italy under Fascism from the March on Rome to the end of the war.
Alex Yeliseenko

Destruction LXVII Battaglione Bersaglieri corazzato

Post by Alex Yeliseenko » 22 Jul 2006, 17:36

Hi,

Me interests circumstances of destruction of this tank battalion. In Russian sources there are no mentions of exact date of rout of a battalion. The place of its destruction is not specified also. Provisional date - December 1942 - January 1943 is known. I know two photos of the destroyed tanks of this battalion. Under one information in Russian sources, 38 tanks of a battalion have got in an ambush where were domaged AT Rifles. What speak the Italian sources?

In advance thanks!

Best regards from Siberia!

I am sorry for my awful English.

Lupo Solitario

Post by Lupo Solitario » 22 Jul 2006, 19:11

for italian sources the battalion had not been destroyed in a specific place and date but was "consumpted" during the winter battles and retreats.
There must be an "official" date for dissolution of the unit but I ignore it

Alex Yeliseenko

Post by Alex Yeliseenko » 22 Jul 2006, 19:24

Lupo Solitario wrote:for italian sources the battalion had not been destroyed in a specific place and date but was "consumpted" during the winter battles and retreats.
There must be an "official" date for dissolution of the unit but I ignore it
In Russian sources known to me there is no mention of fights with tanks L6/40 or Semovente. It is very a pity, that it is not written in any way. Whether there are Italian clauses about operations of this battalion?

Alex

oricchi

Post by oricchi » 26 Jul 2006, 13:57

There is a small box in the Valori book a few mentions in the book "La notte piu lunga : la *battaglia. del solstizio d'inverno sul Don " written by general Giuseppe Inaudi. ...at that time we was in charge for the tank battalion.

I Can not promise in the short term any translation!

Ottavio

Alex Yeliseenko

Post by Alex Yeliseenko » 26 Jul 2006, 14:46

oricchi wrote:There is a small box in the Valori book a few mentions in the book "La notte piu lunga : la *battaglia. del solstizio d'inverno sul Don " written by general Giuseppe Inaudi. ...at that time we was in charge for the tank battalion.

I Can not promise in the short term any translation!

Ottavio
Hi,

You can throw to me the text in Italian, I have already started to learn it. I would be very grateful!

Best regards!

Alex.

Return to “Italy under Fascism 1922-1945”